Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Was due to do 12 miles with the lads in the park at 3 which was a bit on the late side for me and then I got a call from claralara...''Pweease bring me on a confidence building 10 mile run''....So that I did, a lovely morning in the park, 10 very easy miles followed by a picnic...Ok, so I lied about the picnic:D

10 Miles @ 9:53

A picnic you say? Em, lemme guess... bananas and milkshakes. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was due to do 12 miles with the lads in the park at 3 which was a bit on the late side for me and then I got a call from claralara...''Pweease bring me on a confidence building 10 mile run''....So that I did, a lovely morning in the park, 10 very easy miles followed by a picnic...Ok, so I lied about the picnic:D

So you chose her over me? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Feckin Splitters :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

This was your VO2 Max session?:rolleyes:

mrslow wrote: »

Tut tut. Mr Slow did them a bit slow but that's better than not doing it at all.

Stick to the plan Digger. The people's front of Judea were accusing you of slacking today (not to be confused with the Judean People's front). :pac:

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Tut tut. Mr Slow did them a bit slow but that's better than not doing it at all.

Stick to the plan Digger. The people's front of Judea were accusing you of slacking today (not to be confused with the Judean People's front). :pac:

6:50 min miles is only slow in Brian's book and he doesn't live in the real world.

But I agree, trotting and picnicing in the park of a sunny morning does not a sub 4 hour marathon make! Back to work Dad!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

jcsmum wrote: »
    A picnic you say? Em, lemme guess... bananas and milkshakes. ;)
    :D

So you chose her over me? :(

You showed up and it wasn't a pub crawl.....:eek:

It was pretty taxing alright.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm sure i speak for all here when i ask the question if any of us here wish to receive the digger confidence quality 10 miler (trademark pending), what pearls of wisdom shall we receive from you?

And how many water stops are included?:D

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'm sure i speak for all here when i ask the question if any of us here wish to receive the digger confidence quality 10 miler (trademark pending), what pearls of wisdom shall we receive from you?

And how many water stops are included?:D

An interesting choice of phrase.....;):D

An interesting choice of phrase.....;):D

OMG:rolleyes:

OMG:rolleyes:

OMFG...TMI.....;)

Headed into the Park this morning and met up with mrslow, spag bol, brian, the vaggabond and Lady Penelope.

Plan was 3 at slowish warm up pace followed by 12 at mrslow's PMP of 8:30.......Was a little worried about this plan as it looked a little too like the first 16 miles of the DCM that I fupped up.....

Anyway, off we went with the usual good banter which included the odd reference to m'lady on her rothar (training for a Duathalon no less)......mrslow had a bad spell having messed up a gel intake and my sort of tough patch came just as he exited his and strode on with purpose. I'm determined this year that if I go through a bad spell I'm going to run even harder when I come out the other side of it...This I did...Myself and Brian strode off for the last couple of miles and I heard him mention 7:35 pace but was in no position to discuss it until we stopped :D Despite the first 3 miles being pretty slow I managed to do the whole 15 just below the intended pace for the last 12.

Nice morning, excellent company as always!

15 Miles @ 8:26 pace

Headed into the Park this morning and met up with mrslow, spag bol, brian, the vaggabond and Lady Penelope.

Plan was 3 at slowish warm up pace followed by 12 at mrslow's PMP of 8:30.......Was a little worried about this plan as it looked a little too like the first 16 miles of the DCM that I fupped up.....

Anyway, off we went with the usual good banter which included the odd reference to m'lady on her rothar (training for a Duathalon no less)......mrslow had a bad spell having messed up a gel intake and my sort of tough patch came just as he exited his and strode on with purpose. I'm determined this year that if I go through a bad spell I'm going to run even harder when I come out the other side of it...This I did...Myself and Brian strode off for the last couple of miles and I heard him mention 7:35 pace but was in no position to discuss it until we stopped :D Despite the first 3 miles being pretty slow I managed to do the whole 15 just below the intended pace for the last 12.

Nice morning, excellent company as always!

15 Miles @ 8:26 pace

You were looking pretty solid the whole way through! Nice running.;)

You were looking pretty solid the whole way through! Nice running.;)

Thanks, yeh...Happy with it alright, preventative icing of the knees at the moment just before I watch 'The Stick' DVD.....:)

Thanks, yeh...Happy with it alright, preventative icing of the knees at the moment just before I watch 'The Stick' DVD.....:)

We'll do next weeks 20 at the same pace ;)

Following my early morning icing and stick session, I headed out for a recovery run.....

3.07 Miles @ 8:59 pace

To wrap up the stats for the week to Sunday...

Tues - 5.06 Miles @ 8:56
    Thurs - 4.64 Miles @ 8:14
    Fri - 10 Miles @ 9.53
    Sun - 15 Miles @ 8:26

Total Mileage of 34.70, realistically I missed one run on my plan of HH 'v' P&D but I'm not concerned at all...Feeling much better at this stage than I did last year and although the legs were heavy after the 20.5 last Sunday, in general, I've been recovering quicker.

Went over to Bushy Park with my youngest Daughter this evening and did the first 1.5 miles with her (yay she's getting faster and can now run 1.5 miles without puking and her teeth hurting :eek:) followed by 3.7 more on my own...

1 @ 10:34
    .5 @ 9:14

.5 @ 8:43
    1 @ 7:44
    1 @ 6:37
    1.2 @ 8:14 warm down

Total 5.2 miles

Then had a lovely 3 mile walk tonight (circa as had no Garmin on ;))

Busy weekend ahead...Come on Leinster:pac:...So, up and out early this morning

10 Miles at 9:02 pace

Legs a little stiff I guess from some of the pace stuff last night but ran at about 9:19 pace most of the way and pulled back the time with two quicker last miles in the 8's :)

• Advertisement

Went over to Bushy Park with my youngest Daughter this evening and did the first 1.5 miles with her (yay she's getting faster and can now run 1.5 miles without puking and her teeth hurting :eek:) followed by 3.7 more on my own...

1 @ 10:34
    .5 @ 9:14

.5 @ 8:43
    1 @ 7:44
    1 @ 6:37
    1.2 @ 8:14 warm down

Total 5.2 miles

Then had a lovely 3 mile walk tonight (circa as had no Garmin on ;))

Nice bit of speed there Dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great running there A. :)

Despite running for the last three days in a row and playing golf at 7.20 am, I decided to get my 20 miler in this evening. I parked the car in Nutgrove and headed into town, did some laps of Merrion Square, wandered around Pearse St, back toward the canal and then headed out the cost road where I bumped into www.boards.ie/blueblood/m'lady/D4=26&cooper=s (in her ''look at me, I did Conn'' T-Shirt) doing a 6 mile run before she heads over to the UK tomorrow to take up her invitation to the Royal Wedding:D I ran with her for a while and she even sprinted the last 200 metres, no shortage of speed in those legs girl!

20.1 Miles @ 9.19 pace

Might get out for a loosener tomorrow and again on Saturday morning but that's the heavy mileage over for the week. Have an inkling I might do a 50 mile week for the first time though;)

Top stuff digger, you have silenced the doubters in the last week.
    menoscemo wrote: »

I'm gonna take this statement back now.

BTW your link's not working. really dying to know who it was you met :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Great run. Fair play for heading into town for a run, living in Rathfarnham I'd never think of heading in that direction, I'd always go west, east or south, but never north. Are the footpaths not very busy?

gerard65 wrote: »
    Great run. Fair play for heading into town for a run, living in Rathfarnham I'd never think of heading in that direction, I'd always go west, east or south, but never north. Are the footpaths not very busy?

It was busy around Dame St and going around the corner of Trinity to Pearse St but other than that it was fine.....Something different to look at I guess.

I also withdraw Meno's statement!

That's great running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Missed you this morning...you weren't out creeping around my local routes for a change!! :p

claralara wrote: »
    Missed you this morning...you weren't out creeping around my local routes for a change!! :p

He must have been out on some other young wan's route :D.

• Advertisement

Yesterday was a big day for me, I awoke in my new apartment in Terenure following a protracted marriage separation which really started 6 years ago and finally got sorted.....So, off I went for a recovery run after my 20 mile the other day.....Headed up and did laps of Bushy at 7.30 am, it was really nice:)

Saturday 8.1 Miles @ 9:17 pace

This morning....I was determined to hit the 50 mile mark for the week so despite a 'big' day out at the match yesterday and a fantastic afternoon and evening I headed out....

4.3 Miles at 9:27 pace

Total weekly mileage 50.77 :)

Advertisement