Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a big day for me, I awoke in my new apartment in Terenure following a protracted marriage separation which really started 6 years ago and finally got sorted.....So, off I went for a recovery run after my 20 mile the other day.....Headed up and did laps of Bushy at 7.30 am, it was really nice:)

Saturday 8.1 Miles @ 9:17 pace

This morning....I was determined to hit the 50 mile mark for the week so despite a 'big' day out at the match yesterday and a fantastic afternoon and evening I headed out....

4.3 Miles at 9:27 pace

Total weekly mileage 50.77 :)

Well done Dad, you've silenced Meno there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah a 50 mile week, i remember the pain. Good going there Digs.

Do you still need a water belt boss? Found it there the other night so will bring it along if you need it.

chinguetti wrote: »

Do you still need a water belt boss? Found it there the other night so will bring it along if you need it.

He has a suppport team for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    He has a suppport team for that :D

:D

Thanks, Yep..Bring it along and I'll give it a go as the one I have is sh1te....You going to UCD on Tuesday?

• Advertisement

Not in UCD as speed sessions are evil:D but plan to be in Park on Sunday morning if that suits you.

Not in UCD as speed sessions are evil:D but plan to be in Park on Sunday morning if that suits you.

Who's on for the Leixlip 5k?

Yesterday......

11 glorious miles in the Park in my vest :eek:

11 Miles @ 9:25 pace

Not sure yet re; Sunday.... It might be a Saturday long run for me

Track session in UCD on Tuesday with the group, very interesting experience. Intended doing circa 7 min/mile laps 6 x 400 metres but as usual changed my mind:eek: Started with a 6:40 and kept going lower, second last lap was at 5:14 pace and the final one at 5:11 pace and a 77 second lap which was pretty good...Definitely some reasonable speed in the legs.

4.1 Miles

Wednesday, had a run in the park, hamstrings were a little tight but that was due to the track session and non use of the stick after.

8 Miles at 8:33 pace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Track session in UCD on Tuesday with the group, very interesting experience. Intended doing circa 7 min/mile laps 6 x 400 metres but as usual changed my mind:eek: Started with a 6:40 and kept going lower, second last lap was at 5:14 pace and the final one at 5:11 pace and a 77 second lap which was pretty good...Definitely some reasonable speed in the legs.

:eek: Christ dad, didn't realise you were going that quick. That's some going.

Are you doing the Leixlip 5K? with that speed you'll be easily under 20 minutes.

Are you doing Donore as well, cos Claralara is doing it ;)?

menoscemo wrote: »

Are you doing the Leixlip 5K? with that speed you'll be easily under 20 minutes.

Thanks

Nope

She's not the boss of me...

Let me know re: Sunday but if you're doing a speed session with UCD with the lads, i'll pass it to one of them if you wish.

Thanks

Nope

Are you doing any races before cork? You really should put that speed to good use and set a nice few PB's...

He must have had his Garmin on km's :P:pac:

That's not what she said :p

Let me know re: Sunday but if you're doing a speed session with UCD with the lads, i'll pass it to one of them if you wish.

I won't be in the Park on Sunday but likely to do the track session again on Tuesday so it would be great if you'd pass it on to one of the lads...Thanks
    Are you doing any races before cork? You really should put that speed to good use and set a nice few PB's...

None planned, I know Donore is a possibility but it's close enough to the Cork Maratahon.....:confused:
    He must have had his Garmin on km's :P:pac:

Well, I'm am on the register of repeat Garmin offenders....;)
    That's not what she said :p

Was she talking in her sleep again ;)

None planned, I know Donore is a possibility but it's close enough to the Cork Maratahon.....:confused:

For a 5k you should be recovered. though running a race the week before your goal marathon is not ideal. With you just moving to terenure, you should consider the Sportsworld 5 miler next sunday. T'is just on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Go on go on go on

For a 5k you should be recovered. though running a race the week before your goal marathon is not ideal. With you just moving to terenure, you should consider the Sportsworld 5 miler next sunday. T'is just on your doorstep.

That's the 15th is it?

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    Go on go on go on

They've got Cocaine in them Father.......Oh no, I mean raisins.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Yep, the 15th at 10am
    And since you're in Terenure already you can enter in the shop, and save the booking fee. So really, it would be costing you more not to run.

That's the 15th is it?

Yep, Really flat, fast course. Starts up at St pauls school in Greenhills.

That's the 15th is it?

That's peak mileage week, you should have a 20/22 that weekend.

That's peak mileage week, you should have a 20/22 that weekend.

Feck off you. he can do the 20 on the saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And then have a nice strong cup of HTFU, zip up his man suit and race on the Sunday. :cool:

Ha, let's see him run a sub 30 5 mile with 20 miles in the legs from the day before.

Ha, let's see him run a sub 30 5 mile with 20 miles in the legs from the day before.

Sure, digger can run his 20 on the thursday or the friday, then he should be grand.

I'll probably be able to do the full 20-22 with you in the park that day as i need to keep the endurance up for cork pacing.

Sure, digger can run his 20 on the thursday or the friday, then he should be grand.

I'll probably be able to do the full 20-22 with you in the park that day as i need to keep the endurance up for cork pacing.

Smashin! Are you still pacing 4?

• Advertisement

Smashin! Are you still pacing 4?

Likely, or possibly 3:45. But due to the lack of response from the organisers I may soon have to commit to RQ's relay.

Advertisement