Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

menoscemo wrote: »
    Likely, or possibly 3:45. But due to the lack of response from the organisers I may soon have to commit to RQ's relay.

Ah boo hoo :(, I assume Aimman is still pacing 4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Likely, or possibly 3:45. But due to the lack of response from the organisers I may soon have to commit to RQ's relay.

I've been on to them twice, by phone and email with regard to which sports drink would be on offer - no definitive answer yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Hmmm I am out in Templogue.... I might yet run in this 5m! but depends on whether I have lectures... football match etc etc. :D

I'll wave back at you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    I'll wave back at you!

You can wave back at me too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

jcsmum wrote: »
    Ah boo hoo :(, I assume Aimman is still pacing 4 though.

I still hope to pace 4, but I heard some of the 3;45 pacers might not be up to the job and i offered to fill in if needed.
    However, since none of the pacers have heard anything back in months we are all getting angsty so I might do the relay instead (already have the hotel booked and don't want to go down to find i have nothing to do...)

jcsmum wrote: »
    You can wave back at me too!

You'll be pacing me!
    I still hope to pace 4, but I heard some of the 3;45 pacers might not be up to the job and i offered to fill in if needed.
    However, since none of the pacers have heard anything back in months we are all getting angsty so I might do the relay instead (already have the hotel booked and don't want to go down to find i have nothing to do...)

I'm starting to worry it's a bit sloppy, if it all goes tits up it'll be your fault for putting the idea into my head!

I'm starting to worry it's a bit sloppy, if it all goes tits up it'll be your fault for putting the idea into my head!

I'm sure the marathon itself will be fine, it always is. It's the people organising the pacers that are the problem.

I'm sure the marathon itself will be fine, it always is. It's the people organising the pacers that are the problem.

I'm sure there are people who move up through the time slots by always running with the pacers, not having them there may hurt a lot of competitors.

"The events and characters depicted in this photoplay are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Wanted to make a joke but I will behave!

"The events and characters depicted in this photoplay are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

The only difference is that in the above video, it is the younger woman that's the golddigger© :pac:

The only difference is that in the above video, it is the younger woman that's the golddigger :pac:

Difference? Whatever do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Did the Cork marathon 2 years ago and they announced the drink a month before and then changed it the week before. Can't remember why so its isn't anything new.

Its run (i think but could be wrong) by people who are in the Council offices doing their normal job so things are a liitle slow on the info front but the marathon on the day was no problem organisational wise. Check out the cork running blog - very helpful in info from down

Meno - just pace them to a sub 4 if they mess up the pacers. Think of free drink they will owe you forever.

I shall make no comment on the video link - ;)

chinguetti wrote: »
    Meno - just pace them to a sub 4 if they mess up the pacers. Think of free drink they will owe you forever.

I would but one of the benefits of pacing is that you get a free entry to the race. As yet, i don't have one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I'll get this back onto topics running.....

Met Aiman, jcsmum, pistol and some yoke honking of rum, vodka, wine and Jaeger Bombs! at 9 in the Park.

We ran for about 50 minutes and came back to meet up with shazkea and nules and off we went again, lovely morning for a run (or cycle in somebody's case) and good company as always. We took in Knockmaroon Hill much to the dislike of Shaz's quads! The group were doing differing distances and I had intended on 17 but as usual............So, I did the last 4 or so on my own and upped the pace a bit.

20.47 Miles @ 9:16 pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good going Digs esp up Knocknamaroon. There's be no pink socks for you i fear if you keep this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I'll get this back onto topics running.....

Met Aiman, jcsmum, shels and some yoke honking of rum, vodka, wine and Jaeger Bombs! at 9 in the Park.

We ran for about 50 minutes and came back to meet up with shazkea and nules and off we went again, lovely morning for a run (or cycle in somebody's case) and good company as always. We took in Knockmaroon Hill much to the dislike of Shaz's quads! The group were doing differing distances and I had intended on 17 but as usual............So, I did the last 4 or so on my own and upped the pace a bit.

20.47 Miles @ 9:16 pace

Have the voodoo dolls out for yourself and aimman for that "great" route suggestion :p...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Great to run with you guys this morning and well done on the distance completed.

That's great running there Dude, well done!

• Advertisement

Fair play digger, another 20! Wow you'll be no bother in Cork Now. With your long runs and the speed I saw from you the other night, you're being very conservative if you're only targetting 4hr in Cork...

Fair play digger, another 20! Wow you'll be no bother in Cork Now. With your long runs and the speed I saw from you the other night, you're being very conservative f you're only targetting 4hr in Cork...

That's what I was only saying to him the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

With your long runs and the speed I saw from you the other night, you're being very conservative if you're only targetting 4hr in Cork...
    There's a certain bet he wants to be sure of winning :pac:

39002.jpg

Fair play digger, another 20! Wow you'll be no bother in Cork Now. With your long runs and the speed I saw from you the other night, you're being very conservative if you're only targetting 4hr in Cork...

I like to under-promise and over-deliver.....;)

That's what I was only saying to him the other day.

I'll be needing my energy the night of the Cork Marathon :D;)

I like to under-promise and over-deliver.....;)

Yes, I heard all the juicy details this morning. eughhh

(that's not what she said btw)

Up and out early for a recovery run this morning.....

4 Miles at 9:19 pace

Considering I swapped my step-back 17 for 20 on Saturday, my plan is to do the 17 mid week to leave the weekend free for the Sportsworld 5 Mile race, note to self, enter this on Monday and resist the temptation to buy a pair of Kinvaras.

Yes, I heard all the juicy details this morning. eughhh

(that's not what she said btw)

:D

resist the temptation to buy a pair of Kinvaras.

Why? Great shoe to be honest. If you are used to the glides they'll suit you perfectly, especially for the short races/speed sessions.

Are you coming on Tuesday? Chinguetti left me a belt to give to you...

• Advertisement

Why? Great shoe to be honest. If you are used to the glides they'll suit you perfectly, especially for the short races/speed sessions.

Are you coming on Tuesday? Chinguetti left me a belt to give to you...

Why?..... I could probably do without spending the money!

Not sure yet about Tuesday yet as not sure what part of the country I'll be in that day but I'd like to do it. Would be interested to see how close I could get to a Sub 5 400m....

Advertisement