Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I hear there's a heatwave due at the end of this month, start of next :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mrslow wrote: »
    I hear there's a heatwave due at the end of this month, start of next :eek:

Nothing new there for Cork, '08 and '09 were hot too ;)

(I ran the last relay leg in '09 - went past a hotel which had a clock with a temperature reading on it at about midday, 28C. Fun times. :pac: )

Nothing new there for Cork, '08 and '09 were hot too ;)

(I ran the last relay leg in '09 - went past a hotel which had a clock with a temperature reading on it at about midday, 28C. Fun times. :pac: )

There goes my sub 2:10 dreams for this year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Wednesday - Ran into Runways whereupon I purchased a pair of rather loud Brooks ST Racers :D and ran back home again.....Slightly disrupted by HRH......

8 Miles @ 8.45 pace

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Wednesday - Ran into Runways whereupon I purchased a pair of rather loud Brooks ST Racers :D and ran back home again.....Slightly disrupted by HRM......

8 Miles @ 8.45 pace

Those Heart Rate Monitors can be annoying ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Wednesday - Ran into Runways whereupon I purchased a pair of rather loud Brooks ST Racers :D and ran back home again.....Slightly disrupted by HRM......

8 Miles @ 8.45 pace

Ahh, no Kinvara's?

Are they pink, to match the compression socks? ;)

mrslow wrote: »
    Those Heart Rate Monitors can be annoying ;)
    ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ahh, no Kinvara's?

I reckon the ST Racers are more suitable for me...But we shall see!

Are they pink, to match the compression socks? ;)

Eh...No.....Bright orange and blue, there could be a whole load of clashing going on ;)

• Advertisement

Eh...No.....Bright orange and blue, there could be a whole load of clashing going on ;)

Hawt :pac:

Yesterday....

15 Miles @ 8:59 pace

I found this run to be extremely tough, my legs felt dead. When I finished my legs felt cramped and knees were sore...Definitely the worst I've felt all year :( I'm not sure if it was because I've been a little under the weather for the last couple of days or whether the Lunarglides might have just gone over the top!

Anyway, got up this morning still feeling leg weary, so out came the stick ;) followed by a 15 mile cycle....Feel much better now and looking forward to running again tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yesterday....

15 Miles @ 8:59 pace

I found this run to be extremely tough, my legs felt dead. When I finished my legs felt cramped and knees were sore...Definitely the worst I've felt all year :( I'm not sure if it was because I've been a little under the weather for the last couple of days or whether the Lunarglides might have just gone over the top!

Anyway, got up this morning still feeling leg weary, so out came the stick ;) followed by a 15 mile cycle....Feel much better now and looking forward to running again tomorrow :)

Phew! Mind yourself for these 2 weeks. You have so much super running done for Cork.....

Sunday - Had very little time and probably should have been a rest day so just headed out for a quick run - 1 Mile warm-up, 1 mile at 6:59, 1 mile at 6:50 and 1 mile warm-down

4 Miles total

Monday, met up with claralara and ran from town out to where one takes tea. Interesting section heading up Newtownpark Avenue with the elevation, the wind and the scowl on my running partner like as though I'd actually constructed the road and created the weather...Gas!:D

6.79 Miles at 9:22 pace

jcsmum wrote: »
    Phew! Mind yourself for these 2 weeks. You have so much super running done for Cork.....

Thanks K, I've actually started taking a bit more care with sleep, hydration and nutrition (well, apart from yesterday's brekkie and dinner ;) )..... Feel much better and will break in the new Lunarglides over the next 10 days so all should be good!

Tuesday - Track Session with dwindling numbers but the usual hard core stalkers.... Warm-up - 9 x 400's - Warm-Down

6 Miles

Wednesday - Just a little tempo run with one of said stalkers above in her shiny new DS Trainers.... Began at 9:30 pace and finished the last bit at 7:58 pace at which point you'd want to have seen the face on yer wan ''I'm never going to be able'' .... '' I can't'' .... '' I won't be able'' ..... '' I'm not fast enough'' ... Get thee out of the valley of excuses!!.....:eek:

2 Miles at average 8:59

I'm now really just keeping things ticking over although the P&D plan still has a fair bit of mileage during the penultimate week.... ''What does Paul Daniels know about running'' I hear you ask.... ''Not a lot''.......

Note to self.....Switch on Garmin, retrieve running data since last Wednesday, input data onto log......:(

So, final week of taper before Cork.... No madness or nerves kicking in. Quite the opposite actually as I feel very relaxed about the whole thing. I'm drinking more water, eating more fruit and almost not drinking (there was that one bottle of Corona last night)...... Only negative is that I'm feeling very very tired..... I reckon I could sleep standing up!

I'm really looking forward to Cork trip now, following the race I'm heading to Kerry for a couple of days on the Tuesday for some well earned R&R so that's something else to look forward to......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Best of luck Digger2d2 for Cork - i will light a candle for a sub 3:45 time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Well done on Cork Marathon, post up your times as i'm dying to know. Mr Slow (yeah right) done really well...i'm so jealous:p

JEmily wrote: »
    Well done on Cork Marathon, post up your times as i'm dying to know. Mr Slow (yeah right) done really well...i'm so jealous:p

He did 3:47 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

post up your times as i'm dying to know
    They have very limited net access at the old peoples home he stays at :pac:

They have very limited net access at the old peoples home he stays at :pac:

He's most likely accessing fishnets in Kerry at the mo:eek:

Right..... I've no time to post a race report yet as I'm engaged in quite a bit of cross-training in Kerry but thanks for all the good wishes... Delighted with my 3:47 and can't wait for the next one 3:3x ;)

Ran yesterday, 3:83 mile trail run which was pretty slow but some of the terrain was quite challenging, just about to head off and do another few now! Might see if I get some time later to post a race report but doubt I'll be allowed off the lead to do so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done on a great run on Mon.

As for "leads" and "cross-country training"...ah please, still trying to get rid of the images after Mondays discussions ;)

I wonder which poor oul trout is suffering a nudie Digger in Kerry?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Right..... I've no time to post a race report yet as I'm engaged in quite a bit of cross-training in Kerry but thanks for all the good wishes... Delighted with my 3:47 and can't wait for the next one 3:3x ;)

Go on then, I'll bite. Elaborate for the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the Race Digger and the massive sub 4, glad to see you fecked off from us at the start and didnt see you again for the whole race (in a nice kind of way) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done digger. Great time and PB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 curv

excellent time - here comes a sub 3:30 in the DCM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Am absolutely delighted for you, what a great 'recovery' since DCM. Really really happy for you. :D

Advertisement