Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

mrslow wrote: »
    I wonder which poor oul trout is suffering a nudie Digger in Kerry?:rolleyes:

Charming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Charming!!

I was being genuinely sympathetic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I was being genuinely sympathetic! :)

To whom?! The trout or the nudie?? Eugh...

claralara wrote: »
    To whom?! The trout or the nudie?? Eugh...

The trout! I refer you back to Adam Sandler in Big Daddy!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

So come on Digs, whats the next target now that the sub 4 is sorted?

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »

Sub 26! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sub 26! :D

In fairness, he had that before the sub-4 :pac:

In fairness, he had that before the sub-4 :pac:

Technically true! In order to keep his racing mojo though he must replenish his youth by taking a wench of ever decreasing age as he enters training for each marathon. Sub 4 is achieved with a sub 27, sub 3:30 requires a lot more energy and the required wench must be about 22. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I thought the new target was 3 20 year olds :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Great time in the Cork Marathon Digger - congrats we are very proud of you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Sub 3.40 is what Puddins predicted!

I have very little time on T'Interweb these days so here goes....

The start - Nice weather, felt confident

The Race - Set off at 8:50 pace, settled into 8:23 pace, met Vagga and did a 7:58 mile...Thanks Vagga :rolleyes: - Consolidated at 8:40 pace and kept it that way.... Got through the 16 mile mark which had been my issue in DCM and all was good although did feel tired, isolated and bored at 20.... Got toward the last half mile and I heard some sort of creature yell ''D-I-G-G-U-U-E-R-R-R'' and realised it was claralara avec rotten bloody knees, thanks again Vagga :D... She bounded along happily with me as she'd had a three hour rest, a coffee and multiple scones, Danish pastries etc. ---- Left her for dead as I set off on a 200 metre sprint to the finish.....

The End - Absolutely delighted with my time in what I felt was a conservatively run race for me....Roll on DCM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You left out your finishing time there Digger :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

After keeping us waiting for 9 days you produce that sh!te race report :D

After keeping us waiting for 9 days you produce that sh!te race report :D

It was a real 'I'll just lash down some crap to fill the void' report!

Yes, yes, I know the race report was crap and my 'followers' expect a higher level of literary originality from my virtual pen but needs must.

Anyhoo, having churned out almost 50 miles the week of/after the Marathon, I eased off a little last week and this week I've just done 5.22 miles at 9:13 pace on Wednesday and yesterday evening I did 5 miles in Marlay with a mixture of speeds...Circa 4.45 miles at an average pace of 7:59 and .55 of a mile at 6:08 pace (Thanks Meno :eek:).

Legs feel a little heavy and tired so I'm just happy to keep them ticking over until I start the DCM 18 week schedule which may contain some extreme mileage:eek: Will see some of you on Saturday, plans for Dunshaughlin remain fluid although I'll most likely be a spectator! I've also been roped into the Clontarf Half but plan on using it as a training run and will have some fun messing with the heads of people in the group mrslow is pacing....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    will have some fun messing with the heads of people in the group mrslow is pacing....;)

Be nice to our pacee's or you may find yourself completing a duathlon when myself and Chinguetti fire you into the sea:cool:

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Be nice to our pacee's or you may find yourself completing a duathlon when myself and Chinguetti fire you into the sea:cool:

Be careful or you might get bashed again....;)

Be careful or you might get bashed again....;)

Many threaten, few deliver :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Aquathlon :P

• Advertisement

You see the sea is the obvious place to direct the wayward and annoying folk but i never go for the obvious.

Well, I haven't posted on this for about 2 weeks :eek:

Anyway, faffed around for the last few weeks just ticking over since Cork but officially started DCM training this week.... I'm doing the 18 week 55 MPW P&D plan, my Marathon goal time at the moment is 3:3x......(x = 9 ;))

Tuesday - 2 miles at sub 9 and 4 at between 7:30 and 7:45 followed by 2 warm downs at about 8:30. - Total 8 Miles

Thursday - 9 at 8:54 pace - Total 9 Miles

Saturday - 4 mile recovery due today with 12 tomorrow although I'll be doing the Clontarf half as a training run to see how good mr slow paces on his first official outing with me causing trouble for him!;)

I'll be doing the Clontarf half as a training run to see how good mr slow paces on his first official outing with me causing trouble for him!;)

Race the bleedin thing will ye!

Race the bleedin thing will ye!

Nah, don't think so..... I've still got the remnants of this cold but I'll see how I feel in the morning!

Nah, don't think so..... I've still got the remnants of this cold but I'll see how I feel in the morning!

Take your Bovril and grow a pair!

Take your Bovril and grow a pair!

No.... It makes me nap ;)

Hi all,

My recent running has been as sporadic as my Internet access. However, just to report in that despite zero prep, I managed a new PB on Saturday in the 5 Mile of 34:06. A great tussle was had with mr slow right until the death where we crossed the line like a married couple!! - I'm pacing the Midlands half with Spaghetti on the Bank Holiday Monday if anyone wants to break the 2 hour Mark or maybe 1:40 knowing my pacing ;)

A great tussle was had with mr slow right until the death where we crossed the line like a married couple!!

I saw the two of ye when ye crossed the line and tis the quare married couple ye'ld make. :D

I saw the two of ye when ye crossed the line and tis the quare married couple ye'ld make. :D

Much like yourself and de brother!

• Advertisement

Much like yourself and de brother!

I think Vagga and Fun Park got quite close in Cork ;)

Advertisement