Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I have a pair of DS Trainers. They are a nice, light shoe with a lowish heal. Nice shoe with a little bit of support, I used to use them for all my track/speed sessions and races before going more minimalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm with you on new runners Digs. I'm off to pick up my new Mizunos Exclair now. Tis like Christmas morning. We'll compare our new shoes at some stage:D

Good running in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

See you in the morning in my Red Asics DS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'll see ya'll on my crutches at least that's the way my legs feel today:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have a pair of DS Trainers. They are a nice, light shoe with a lowish heal. Nice shoe with a little bit of support, I used to use them for all my track/speed sessions and races before going more minimalist.

Jaybus, is there a pair you don't have?! ;)

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'm with you on new runners Digs. I'm off to pick up my new Mizunos Exclair now. Tis like Christmas morning. We'll compare our new shoes at some stage:D

Good running in them

That's a date so! ;)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    See you in the morning in my Red Asics DS :)

Good taste!! I'm still 50/50 for the morning!

Despite reservations about the condition of my legs at the moment I went ahead and met up with Meno, Pistol, mrslow and mrslow's pal in the park this morning. I was due a 17 mile run but the lads had 20 on their minds. I decided to do 20 if I could. Pace began at an easy 9:54 which suited me just fine for a change... We slowly wound the pace up to 9:16 at the 16 mile mark which is where I decided a sub 9 min/mile 20 mile run would stand to me so I upped the pace hitting 7:30 approx for the last 4 miles.

We ran up Knockmaroon Hill at about 10 miles and finished up the Kyber so all in all I was very happy with the 20 miles at 8:55 pace. No way I would have done 20 on my own today and as usual I enjoyed the banter and the sh1te talk (thanks Meno ;))

So, according to P&D this is a step-back week including Monday and Tuesday as rest. Following this would make sense as I was to do 17 the weekend just gone at about 9.30 pace but I did 20 at 8:55. Anyway, I did what I was told on Monday but was just itching to get out last night. I did 8.61 at 8:59 pace.....This run felt great and very easy despite the awful weather, I'm still carrying the odd little niggle from Sunday's 20 miler but all seems back on track! :D

I have man flu :mad:

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »

Again???

Sure you're a man, of course you'ld get it.

Loads of Vit C, Chicken soup and no misbehaving:p

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Again???

Yep, afraid so!

Sure you're a man, of course you'ld get it.

Loads of Vit C, Chicken soup and no misbehaving:p

Damn.... Too late.......well I had to choke the chicken before I put it in the soup ;):D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn.... Too late.......well I had to choke the chicken before I put it in the soup ;):D:D
    That's not a soup we really wanted to think about :eek:

That's not a soup we really wanted to think about :eek:

Well, Meno told me I need to replace the lost salt....;)

Well, Meno told me I need to replace the lost salt....;)

Stick to the gels ;)

Note to self: don't have soup for lunch tomorrow.

Note to self: don't have soup for lunch tomorrow.

Note to self: Never eat anything prepared by Digger.

Saturday morning at 6.30 I awoke still feeling the effects of the man flu but itching to run...Off I went at 7 AM, did about 7.5 miles at 9.30 pace and felt absolutely wrecked. Although I did feel considerably better on Sunday I decided not to run.

I woke up yesterday feeling crap, nose running more than Meno:D...... Decided I needed to run in any event so went out yesterday evening and did 6.3 ish,,, First 2 miles at 9.45, next 2 at 8.45 and the last 2 at 7.45 approximately. Got a nasty headache straight after though.... I'm hoping the runny nose etc. (sounds lovely) is flushing out the last of the dose or there'll be no PB for me on Saturday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Whenever i get a cold I'm all about sweating it out of the system with a run or two...you'll be grand come Saturday!

belcarra wrote: »
    Whenever i get a cold I'm all about sweating it out of the system with a run or two...you'll be grand come Saturday!

Back into full health for another 'Digger the Sniper' installment!:pac::P

belcarra wrote: »

Not working this time, I actually haven't run since Monday!

Back into full health for another 'Digger the Sniper' installment!:pac::P

Not this time Dude, plan is to run 2 miles tonight and make a decision as to whether I'll run at all tomorrow! More worrying is that I've now missed a good chunk of my 12 week DCM plan due to this bout of man flu. Best case scenario is a training run at the half tomorrow followed by 6 weeks of illness free training from Monday!

Not this time Dude, plan is to run 2 miles tonight and make a decision as to whether I'll run at all tomorrow! More worrying is that I've now missed a good chunk of my 12 week DCM plan due to this bout of man flu. Best case scenario is a training run at the half tomorrow followed by 6 weeks of illness free training from Monday!

Don't believe you! :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sandbagger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Sandbagger.

Always keeps a bit in the tank. Think he does it with running too...:rolleyes:

Don't believe you! :cool:

You were right not to, I didn't even do the 2 miles tonight :(

Saturday morning, got up early to eat something, I felt absolutely awful and if I hadn't agreed to pace claralara I'd have gladly stayed in bed until the rugby.

I decided to try something a little different so stuck the Brooks ST Racers on, 5 miles was the longest run I'd done in them prior to Saturday.... We set off at a steady pace, weaving our way through yet more Monster Munchies and settled at around 9 min per mile pace.

All was good despite claralara being very very quiet (usually not a good sign;)) and the race was uneventful. We were at 8:57 pace until about the 8 mile mark which is when CL started to struggle. She had had a heavy cold (but not as heavy as mine) over the last couple of weeks and although I was aware of this I knew she still had a chance of a PB in her. Mile 10 and she started to fall back, with a number of choice words of encouragement I got her back on my shoulder and continued to cajole her although we'd slipped to 9:04 pace. In fairness to her (and despite her telling me to Fup Off etc.) she knuckled down and gave all she had to get back to 9:02 pace, up the final hill and into the straight and I knew we were close to that PB, I tried again to squeeze every last bit out of her in those last 400 metres and the watch read 9:01 as we crossed the line. That should have given her a PB by 40 seconds but it looks like the course was long by .1...........??:confused: and the times ended up as 1:59:08/09

I found the race far easier than I'd thought based on how I felt although wearing the ST Racers has left me with sore quads....Glad I didn't wear them for a 1:39 attempt:eek:

• Advertisement

That should have given her a PB by 40 seconds but it looks like the course was long by .1...........??:confused: and the times ended up as 1:59:08/09

That's always the case in the Dublin half, no doubt due to crowds and having to run around people. You'll only get close to 13.1 in a smaller half where you can run the racing line without congestion.

Advertisement