Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I'd have found those other 8 seconds in the last 200 metres if you'd been there Shaz ;)

On the sidelines or draped over the finish line?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Did 5 miles last night at a leisurely 9:42 in preparation for today's 20 miler..... Got myself some new footwear, Nike Pegasus 28's so we'll see how they go, had a dreadful sleep last night, glad it's not the morning of the DCM :rolleyes:

Phoenix Park this morning - 9 A.M.

It was raining....:rolleyes:

Met up with spag bol, claralara, jaffac and paulbn.... Off we went at approx 9.30 pace, after about 2 miles paulbn had a recurrence of his injury and headed back to the car. The rest of us continued on although the pace slowed quite a bit at 7/8 miles as our resident low iron leveller was feeling the pinch and wisely eased off in order to make sure she got the distance under her belt. We got back to the cars at 11 miles and 9:54 pace - At this point spag bol was happy enough and protecting his own injury (some say caused by fighting with Mr Puddins' for the remote control:D), claralara wanted to head off on her own and complete the 20 at a comfortable pace, I wanted to run faster and somehow, a new Boardsie, jaffac, decided she could actually bear listening to more of my sh1te for another 9 miles (she's only new I hear you say;))....

Anyway, we did another 9 at 8:56 pace and soon after I'd dried off, a forlorn, but determinedly successful claralara poured her way into the car park. Happy with the 20 miles but have a strange niggle somewhere between my left hip and left knee... Will be interesting to see how it is in the morning!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fair play for doing it in that weather. God love Miss. Lara if you get manflu again, she'll have to listen to your moaning and bitching again. You're bad enough when you're in a good mood. :eek:

Fair play for doing it in that weather. God love Miss. Lara if you get manflu again, she'll have to listen to your moaning and bitching again. You're bad enough when you're in a good mood. :eek:

She likes the moaning, it's the bitching she's not so keen on ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

God the rain didn't let up until after 1 at my place so you must have got soaked twice. Great training for ye to do a 20 today. A deluge in 30 days times will be a doodle now but we'll need someone with changes of clothes for us around 14 miles or so.

P.S. Mr Puddins owns the remote and the whole house and he says hello from across the kitchen table:D

chinguetti wrote: »

P.S. Mr Puddins owns the remote and the whole house and he says hello from across the kitchen table:D

:D I thought he'd be in bed as he's up early to watch Ireland v Italy in the morning ;)

Great match this morning followed by a delicious breakfast of three sausages in vienna roll....mmmmmm:pac:

Despite the legs feeling very tired I was determined to get out and finish off the week with a good recovery run.... Did 6.02 at 9:45 which brings me up to 50 miles plus the change for the week:)......Overall, the legs feel wrecked but not too surprised at that because a faster session usually takes me longer to recover and I've actually run circa 58 miles since the 5k on Sunday last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Great match this morning followed by a delicious breakfast of three sausages in vienna roll....mmmmmm:pac:

You are welcome! :)

Despite the legs feeling very tired I was determined to get out and finish off the week with a good recovery run.... Did 6.02 at 9:45 which brings me up to 50 miles plus the change for the week:)......Overall, the legs feel wrecked but not too surprised at that because a faster session usually takes me longer to recover and I've actually run circa 58 miles since the 5k on Sunday last!

Great Mileage there Mister!

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    You are welcome! :)

Eh.... I don't believe I heard any thanks for the big sausage I gave you for breakfast :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Eh.... I don't believe I heard any thanks for the big sausage I gave you for breakfast :D;)

Big??!!

claralara wrote: »
    Big??!!

Well, it's the first time I've thrown it up O'Connell Street!;)

A strange couple of weeks for me since I last posted, my Mother passed away after a short illness (thanks to those who offered their kind words of support) and as a result I only managed three runs, 1 x 3, 1 x 4 and 1 x 8 the week before last. A snap decision to get a week away and I found myself in the Canaries with another Boardsie last week :eek:...... Ran every day from Sunday the 9th through to Friday the 14th, running morning and evening on all bar one of those days. Obviously it was really warm and even a three mile run felt quite taxing as well as some of the serious hills involved but felt good. By the Saturday my legs were tired and I had a little niggle in both knees - no run Saturday.

Sunday last, went to the Park and met up with Spag Bol, claralara and shiv and did 12 miles at about 9.09 pace I think...... Unfortunately my left knee was more troublesome by the time I hobbled from my car in work on the Monday morning, lots of anti inflammatory cream has not improved things so no running yesterday or today and I'm off to self diagnose on the t'interweb :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sorry to hear about your loss Digger. Hope the knee clears up soon.

P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sunday last, went to the Park and met up with Spag Bol, claralara and shiv and did 12 miles at about 9.09 pace I think...... Unfortunately my left knee was more troublesome by the time I hobbled from my car in work on the Monday morning, lots of anti inflammatory cream has not improved things so no running yesterday or today and I'm off to self diagnose on the t'interweb :(

Geee am I that forgettable. :(

Welcome back boss, hope the knee clears up soon!

Geee am I that forgettable. :(

Ha ha... I knew there was someone with big jabs with us :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Sorry to hear about the knee, hope it rights itself really soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Hey digs, sorry to hear about your Mum.

+1 on the knee. I'm sure RQ would do a great job on it after that quip!!

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »

+1 on the knee. I'm sure RQ would do a great job on it after that quip!!

I could see it now, "RQ, my knee is much further down"!! :D

So, after a little bit of t'interweb diagnosis I decided to run last night.... Did a few light stretches and returned to my Cork Marathon Lunarglides...

Did 6.68 miles at 8.01 pace and felt great! Iced the knee and applied some Diclac after, a little stiff this morning (and so was the knee ;)) but I'm much happier than I was the previous two mornings. Although my 12 week plan has had some interuptions, I'm actually really looking forward to DCM.

Good Stuff. Whats the target for DCM?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Good Stuff. Whats the target for DCM?

3:44:59 ;)

3:29:59 ;)

FYP;)

7 A.M. Run this morning 6.32 miles at 8:36 pace, all fine, knee much better but reckon I could do with a good stretch ;)

7 A.M. Run this morning 6.32 miles at 8:36 pace, all fine, knee much better but reckon I could do with a good stretch ;)

Should you be doing these runs at PMP??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Sorry to hear about your Mam. Hope your knee is ok and there's a nice pb for the bank holiday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bozinga

3:44:59 ;)

same time as me best of luck:)

Advertisement