Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Belated birthday wishes Digger! I presume your using the tired legs an excuse not to hit UCD instead of confessing to the sore head you were anticipating at the weekend!

You're spot on there, he spent the night t*ts up in the shed surrounded by empty Guinness cans, wearing tights and a luminous string vest!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    You gonna follow the same plan as last time or move up a notch?

Well, the last one didn't work...;) Not sure, going to make a decision this evening and then go searching for a suitable plan..

claralara wrote: »
    Belated birthday wishes Digger! I presume your using the tired legs an excuse not to hit UCD instead of confessing to the sore head you were anticipating at the weekend!

Thanks, no I'm spot on and dying to out and run this evening but will resist the temptation and kick on again tomorrow!

You're spot on there, he spent the night t*ts up in the shed surrounded by empty Guinness cans, wearing tights and a luminous string vest!!!

I didn't have the vest on......;)

Have had my eye on a pair of New Balance 760's for a while and was awaiting the sales as they were €120 in Elverys.....Got them at €36....Yes, that's €36 today :D Am wearing them in around the house and as I didn't run today :( I'm available to fetch anything around the house like I did when a kid..."See how fast you are in your new runners and get me a bar of Dairy Milk"...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

Better late than never ,jaysus a bmi of 22 at 44 ,very impressive . Anyway happy birthday . I don't know who the Julian fella is but taking i
    Him and your vests into account , I think ur having a mid life crisis . Anyways ,Connemara is a lovely half marathon , very hilly at mile 9 so not one for pb,s . I did it before my midlife crisis and I had a great time out on the townafter . ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Have had my eye on a pair of New Balance 760's for a while and was awaiting the sales as they were €120 in Elverys.....Got them at €36....Yes, that's €36 today :D Am wearing them in around the house and as I didn't run today :( I'm available to fetch anything around the house like I did when a kid..."See how fast you are in your new runners and get me a bar of Dairy Milk"...........

I'll have a bottle of Miller and a packet of Bacon Fries svp!

nachoqueen wrote: »
    Better late than never ,jaysus a bmi of 22 at 44 ,very impressive . Anyway happy birthday . I don't know who the Julian fella is but taking i
    Him and your vests into account , I think ur having a mid life crisis . Anyways ,Connemara is a lovely half marathon , very hilly at mile 9 so not one for pb,s . I did it before my midlife crisis and I had a great time out on the townafter . ;)

Sure he's only a slip of a youngfella!

nachoqueen wrote: »

Julien is a Man???:eek:

Julien is a Man???:eek:

Didn't get to third base then?

• Advertisement

Didn't get to third base then?

I like to play hard to get.....;)

I like to play hard to get.....;)

That's not Julien's assessment!

Right so, went out this afternoon with no actual clue of where or far I was going to run and ended up heading down to Terenure and around the loop of the Rathfarnham 5K...It was cold but bright and I had exactly the right amount of gear on :D.....

Anyway, ended up doing 11.1 miles at average 9:02 pace and then added 10/10/10 on the push up challenge....My arms were dead...You'd want to see me put the Christmas tree in the attic after that....I had to push it up using my head :o

Right so, went out this afternoon with no actual clue of where or far I was going to run and ended up heading down to Terenure and around the loop of the Rathfarnham 5K...It was cold but bright and I had exactly the right amount of gear on :D.....

Anyway, ended up doing 11.1 miles at average 9:02 pace and then added 10/10/10 on the push up challenge....My arms were dead...You'd want to see me put the Christmas tree in the attic after that....I had to push it up using my head :o

Nice trot there young man, I'm gonna make a tempo run out of one of these weekend runs if you're up for it - 2 miles @ 9 min/miles , 4 @ 7:45 and 2 @ 9, whatcha think?

Nice trot there young man, I'm gonna make a tempo run out of one of these weekend runs if you're up for it - 2 miles @ 9 min/miles , 4 @ 7:45 and 2 @ 9, whatcha think?

Could do that in a couple of weeks alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Good running dude - you still doing the bohernabreena run ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Hmmmm....Considering Connemara....
    Conn is very close to selling out. from what I hear it will be by the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BrokenMan wrote: »

It is actually sold out now acording to the thread in the events forum.

BrokenMan wrote: »
    menoscemo wrote: »
    It is actually sold out now acording to the thread in the events forum.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.....Sold out alright...I went on to book a spot fifteen minutes ago!!!! Arrrgghh....Had really got my head into doing this. I see there are Charity places still available but at €250

showit wrote: »
    Good running dude - you still doing the bohernabreena run ?

Eh, sometimes...Did the loop from the top of the Church recently through Glenasmole, up to Castlekelly and around the back of the waterworks in through at the top and home again, about 8 miles if I remember right...Was snowy and icy so amazing scenery. How's your new plan going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

doing ok early days yet, thanks for asking it keeps me motivated in these cold nites:)

showit wrote: »
    doing ok early days yet, thanks for asking it keeps me motivated in these cold nites:)

Dude, you were an elite sportsman....I remember you running the show with that East German International!!.....Keep at it even when you don't want to and quickly enough you'll feel the benefit...In three months time the Sheikh will be inviting you over for a crunches competition!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Damn it, damn it, damn it.....Sold out alright...I went on to book a spot fifteen minutes ago!!!! Arrrgghh....Had really got my head into doing this. I see there are Charity places still available but at €250

Yeah right! :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Digger, don't panic there's halfs in Larne and Omagh at the end of March usually. 15 sterling and great job both before and after the race, massage, showers, food to bate the band and results up within an hour.

Did Larne last year, one hill around halfways and a long run home with the wind behind you from the coast. Its an out and back course. Omagh is meant to be a flatter course again so i'm told.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Digger, don't panic there's halfs in Larne and Omagh at the end of March usually. 15 sterling and great job both before and after the race, massage, showers, food to bate the band and results up within an hour.

Did Larne last year, one hill around halfways and a long run home with the wind behind you from the coast. Its an out and back course. Omagh is meant to be a flatter course again so i'm told.

This interests me......Road trip anyone?:D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Yeah right! :rolleyes::D

Ah seriously, would I lie to you? ;) I've even emailed them asking to squeeze me in (easy now mrslow)....

chinguetti wrote: »

Thanks , halfs don't really float my boat these days though as I have the unfinished biz with the Marathon....Is there a full version in Larne?

This interests me......Road trip anyone?:D

Do you need a passport to go up there or is that just for the Mainland? ;)

All that stuff apart...Had a nice recovery run this evening...4.84 miles at 9:26 pace, was very happy with that as it felt like an absolute doddle even though I've nearly 35 miles done since Saturday last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

No full in Larne or Omagh but always good to have a good prep run done for a later full attempt at say Cork/Edinburgh as there's roughly 2 months between them.

Advertisement