Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    Jingle Bells will probably be going down the Kyber and up Military and start on the cycle path on the 15 acres so somewhat like the summer 5k apart from the first 2 k.

If thats the course, its still fast enough for sub 19 and sub 20 i'ld say lads. If its the other way it maybe tougher but Le Cheile 5k has 2 hills and is still cracking fast course imo once you done go over 4.10 in the first k (sub 20) and 3.40 for sub 19.

If it's that course I'll definitely do it alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Another person taken to the dark side of Ultras :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Are you changing the name of your log every day now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Bally8 wrote: »
    Are you changing the name of your log every day now? :D

The other one didn't fit...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    The other one didn't fit...;)

I missed what you wrote, but I'm guessing you had more adjectives after 'good looking'............... :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    I missed what you wrote, but I'm guessing you had more adjectives after 'good looking'............... :rolleyes:;)

Nope, too modest for that ;)

So, my second week of DCM recovery...I last logged a run on Tuesday, circa 5 miles at 9:04. Took Wednesday off, did 5 again at 6 AM on Thursday at 9:39.... Saturday, went out with CL and ran 5.02 at 9:36 - This was a bad run for me, could feel the hamstrings, the very tops of the ITB's (a first for me) and generally struggled.

This evening I again went out with the Foxrock Express - After last night I was a little low on confidence and within the first half mile my left ITB felt tender, I pushed that out of my mind by winding up the pace a bit. We pretty much continued in that vein through quite an undulating 5:03 miles and finished at 8.22 with the last bit at 6:35 pace - Tonight's run did two things, 1. It made me feel that despite the residual achy legs I'll be sorted very soon and 2. The Foxrock Express ran a new 5 Mile PB in this run tonight (41:51 - Previously 42:21), to look at her afterwards it appeared that she was just toying with the pace....It's all starting to get a bit scary....Meno beware... mr slow...beware..... spag bol...beware..... brianderunner....beware..... Krusty_Clown....beware.... brownian....beware... CL's out to get us all :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Sore ITB's? That's a new one… Getting excuses in early and/or under-promising is one thing; but feigning injury to a part of your body you didn’t even know existed just to make sure you have an excuse for eating my Connemara dust is just unnecessary. The troops will know it's simply because I'm better than you… ;)

claralara wrote: »
    Sore ITB's? That's a new one… Getting excuses in early and/or under-promising is one thing; but feigning injury to a part of your body you didn’t even know existed just to make sure you have an excuse for eating my Connemara dust is just unnecessary. The troops will know it's simply because I'm better than you… ;)

You saying I'm in a valley? ;)

5k tonight at 7:24 pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Recovery run was it? :D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Recovery run was it? :D

Yeh, the strange thing is I'm a man without a plan.... That's a bit dangerous! My legs still don't feel right but I just felt I needed a quicker one (just to make sure I'm still a little faster than CL) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Give me a shout digger if you want to do a few runs around Tymon park any evening. I have a head torch and normally eb there around 6pm.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Give me a shout digger if you want to do a few runs around Tymon park any evening. I have a head torch and normally eb there around 6pm.

I will do Meno, just a bit crazy in work at the moment and finiding it difficult to get free time to run, let alone at 6..

Right... That's the Donore 5k entered

Contents of Your Purchase Event : Jingle Bells 5k Run

Easy 5 miles done last night at just over 9 minute pace

5 miles tonight at 8:54 pace! Feel like I'm cross training at the moment as on the 49 bus and have gone over 30 ramps in the last 5 minutes!! Why does this bus have to drive in and around housing estates? These people look like they need exercise not a bus from their driveway ;)

On a brighter note, I got my gait analysis done today, same as before, a little pronation. Stuck on a pair of Brooks Ravenna 2's and hey presto I'm a Kenyan..;) picture to follow tomorrow, of the new shoes, not me as a Kenyan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Feel like I'm cross training at the moment as on the 49 bus and have gone over 30 ramps in the last 5 minutes!
    One very good reason to move out of that area :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Stuck on a pair of Brooks Ravenna 2's and hey presto I'm a Kenyan

God i got a pair of them and they were dreadful, i couldn't run 2 miles in then without been crippled. I didn't become a Kenyan by the way;)

chinguetti wrote: »
    Stuck on a pair of Brooks Ravenna 2's and hey presto I'm a Kenyan

God i got a pair of them and they were dreadful, i couldn't run 2 miles in then without been crippled. I didn't become a Kenyan by the way;)

What size are they spaggy? I'll swap you for a pack of Monster Munchies! ;)

• Advertisement

Feel like I'm cross training at the moment as on the 49 bus and have gone over 30 ramps in the last 5 minutes!
    One very good reason to move out of that area :D

I can think of more than one RK! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I can think of more than one RK! ;)

So can I, I was just giving that one as an example :)

FYI - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/129930705 :)

Make sure you give those legs some TLC - I can't imagine it'd be much fun to have to be following my gremlins every time we run together... Next time I'll let you win ;)

FYI - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/129930705 :)

Make sure you give those legs some TLC - I can't imagine it'd be much fun to have to be following my gremlins every time we run together... Next time I'll let you win ;)

What can I say - You are in great form, totally different from 6 weeks ago, great to see the way you powered up the hills this morning! I know you accused me of letting you win, not in my nature, but those Gremlins looked good ;)

10 miles this morning and then back for the match....

Started in Marlay and followed the Wicklow Way, 5 up and 5 down..... Tough run!

Rest day Monday

Tuesday : 5:01 @ 8:03 - enjoyable fast run but not easy, starting to think CL has a problem with her Garmin - Surely she's not doing uphill training runs at this pace : 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Rest day Monday

Tuesday : 5:01 @ 8:03 - enjoyable fast run but not easy, starting to think CL has a problem with her Garmin - Surely she's not doing uphill training runs at this pace : 0

Your hoping you mean ;-)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Rest day Monday

Your hoping you mean ;-)

:) No, it's great to see her running so well, I'm just not sure how well I'll cope if she starts beating my PB's! I'm also a little worried as I'm due to win a Ducati if I beat her and 3:30 in Berlin :(

I told you that if Dublin hadn't been chip timed, my Garmin would be on it's way over the Atlantic to have the obvious faults repaired! For once in my short life, I actually don't have the answer!! :)

• Advertisement

I actually don't have the answer!! :)

Jaybus, that's a first ;)

Advertisement