Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Sunday - Caught up with the group on Sunday, had been told the meeting place was the usual Papal Cross but this seems to have changed to Garda HQ...Anyway, caught up after a mile or so and kicked on with CL and DR Meno and did 10 at about 9:15, didn't feel great at all, tired legs...

Sunday - Was out on the tear on Saturday night and left the car in town, Sunday morning saw a recovery in to collect it, 4 miles at 9:20 ish pace

The body is a bit wrecked at the moment, sore knee from the mountain run last week now followed by a niggle in my hip, I'm mentally tired with non-running stuff going on at the moment so this week I'm going to get plenty of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Sunday - Caught up with the group on Sunday, had been told the meeting place was the usual Papal Cross but this seems to have changed to Garda HQ...Anyway, caught up after a mile or so and kicked on with CL and DR Meno and did 10 at about 9:15, didn't feel great at all, tired legs...

Sunday - Was out on the tear on Saturday night and left the car in town, Sunday morning saw a recovery in to collect it, 4 miles at 9:20 ish pace

You can't beat a weekend with two Sundays! ;)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You can't beat a weekend with two Sundays! ;)

Jeez, it's more than mental tiredness....;)

Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - Had intended on 5 miles but best laid plans... I did 10 miles at 8:50 pace, I feel perfect anaerobically but the legs still aren't great, interesting position to be in heading toward Ultra training in a week:eek:

Wednesday - Just could not find the time to run :/

Thursday - Same again, work and life getting in the way but did manage a quick 2.4 miles at 7.15 pace.... Aches, pains and tiredness in the legs at the moment but I will be giving all I've got to do sub 20 on Saturday despite waking up wrecked every morning!

• Advertisement

Wednesday - Just could not find the time to run :/

Thursday - Same again, work and life getting in the way but did manage a quick 2.4 miles at 7.15 pace.... Aches, pains and tiredness in the legs at the moment but I will be giving all I've got to do sub 20 on Saturday despite waking up wrecked every morning!

Sandbagger! :P

Sandbagger! :P

Seriously, I'm wrecked.... I have an appointment with Meno this evening, he's going to do blood tests etc :)

Seriously, I'm wrecked.... I have an appointment with Meno this evening, he's going to do blood tests etc :)

Rectal exam? You are over 40!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Be specific. It's a prostate massage. :pac:

• Advertisement

Eh, now you've put your finger on
    it ;)

I wanna watch that clip but I'm in McDonalds with kids around....

Are you there trying to pick up?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

You were watching far worse in the rush hour traffic with innocent eyes around...

Are you there trying to pick up?:pac:

Good luck to him, he'll only find tubbies and people who wear tracksuits for fashion there... He rathers preying on fools!

claralara wrote: »

You were watching far worse in the rush hour traffic with innocent eyes around...

Ha ha, that's so true, one of the strangest things we'll ever see!

Good luck to you tomorrow too I suppose.. Don't do anything foolish - those knees have a few hard months ahead! (x)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

good luck with your sub 20 race

I thought things were all ironed out in the Pvt Life man,

keep chilled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hope the exam with Dr Meno will make you run fast for a sub 20. Aim for 4.10 in the first km and you'll be on target.

give it socks boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Well done today and nice meeting you.
    That wind at 2&3k was tough, my legs were gone by the end and I felt like puking!

Still you ran a respectable time and imagine how you'd go with some specific work.

• Advertisement

Jingle Bells 5k report

So close yet....

Met up with Meno and Woddle on the start line having run about 2 miles as a warm-up. Had a chat with Woddle about intentions for the race and sub 20 was on both our minds. Confidence was low and it wasn't helped as the hooter went and I realised that fiddling around with my Garmin this morning resulted in no average pace (which I'm used to) but everything else!

Felt okay and passed Woddle fairly early on with the suspicion that he'd come by me later. First k was fine until the corner was turned and I hit the gusts. Running on the path here was difficult and I definitely lost some vital seconds getting stuck behind a few people. The wind was relentless for maybe the next 1-2kms and at that stage and although i felt awful, I dug in and genuinely gave everything I had, it was a mixture of the legs going dead and wondering if I'd puke!

The last km was absolute hell, I actually wanted to stop but kept telling myself only 4 more minutes of running.... Over the line and my Garmin read 20:00 and I couldn't fuc#in believe it!

Lap details
    1km 3:59
    2km 4:12
    3km 4:07
    4km 3:55
    5km 3:38
    .05km 9 secs

Official chip time is 20:01, it's a PB by 8 seconds but FFS ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Jesus that's close. Terrific last k there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great run, such a pity about those two seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »
    Jesus that's close. Terrific last k there.

Yeah really great last k.
    Despite the downhill finish the course was really tough with the wind. The winner in the racepix 5k was 15 seconds slower today, I know two other sub 18 guys from racepix who were between 20-30seconds slower. One said he was in better shape today!! Chin up and give it another bash in clonliffe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Thats a bummer of the large type. However, its two seconds that you know you have, you will crack it in time.

Clonliffe in 2 weeks perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Didn't realise it was that close, great effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

unlucky man - but great last k

Well done

Race recovery run and LSR

10 miles this morning at 9.29 pace, legs tired now! Hot shower ahead followed by a mo fo of a club sandwich.

Relaxing afternoon ahead before I go and collect the Foxrock Express from the Airport, I'm surprised she hasn't suggested running home from the Airport whilst dragging the suitcase behind her :)

Anyone know if the Clonliffe 5K is chip timing? I've checked on the club website and the entry site and I can't see any reference to it - Also posted this question in the events forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Anyone know if the Clonliffe 5K is chip timing? I've checked on the club website and the entry site and I can't see any reference to it - Also posted this question in the events forum.

I don't know, but I really wouldn't worry if it was or not. Rathfarnham had no chiptiming for years (this year was the first time) and it was never an issue.

You will get a very accurate finishing time regardless and just go with your watch for PB purposes.

Advertisement