Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    What kind of shedule are you planing on doing for conn. Will be interesting to see all the different approaches.

Hmmm, good question, i'll just run a lot, double up on LSR's and let claralara design some sort of fancy spreadsheet

RayCun wrote: »
    Oisin11178 wrote: »
    What kind of shedule are you planing on doing for conn. Will be interesting to see all the different approaches.

You should be asking in claralara's thread, I think she's in charge :pac:

Haha, see above post Ray

Thursday 10 miles at 8:54 pace with CL
    Friday 5 miles easy at 9:10 maybe
    Saturday - Myself and CL went to the park at 10.30, ran until 12 and then met up with Dr Fagan and a new boardsie, briantheruner was a no show which may have been due to having a few pints last night, Dr Fagan fully expected this outcome and got 28/1 with Betfair. 15 miles at 9:20 pace. N.B. Claralara is human or that Kenyan blood transfusion is wearing off, she had a tough run today but she had been carrying man flu and she did very well to battle through despite that and the sudden and savage stitch at mile 13.

Total mileage so far this week of 42

Saturday - 5 miles recovery 9:39 pace

Sunday - 5 miles at 7:55 pace, a new unofficial PB for CL :-)
    Really enjoyed this run, I know training for an ultra is pretty much about lots and lots of long slow miles but just felt like a faster one.

Week 1 Ultra training - 52 Miles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Sunday - 5 miles at 7:55 pace, a new unofficial PB for CL :-)
    Really enjoyed this run, I know training for an ultra is pretty much about lots and lots of long slow miles but just felt like a faster one.

Week 1 Ultra training - 52 Miles

She's catching up on you!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »
    She's catching up on you!!!:D

I already have...just lulling him into a false sense of security...then BAM!

Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - 10.28 miles at 9:13 pace

Monday - Rest
    Wednesday - 5.03 miles at 9:13 pace plus core&strength

It's been manky running weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I know, i was looking out at it last night eating flumps thinking the same thing:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

The trick is to get to the canal and run the lenght of it with the wind at your back. :cool:

Monday - Rest

You sly fecker!

chinguetti wrote: »

I know, i was looking out at it last night eating flumps thinking the same thing:p

I saw that on your log alright :-)

Aimman wrote: »

The trick is to get to the canal and run the lenght of it with the wind at your back. :cool:

Yep, did that on Tuesday

claralara wrote: »
    Monday - Rest

You sly fecker!

Do you think I got my washboard stomach from eating twelve tins of Roses over Christmas?

Thursday - 10 Miles at 8:53 pace - Did this in my new Saucony Mirages, good first impression but will wait awhile to see how they get on with me - I hated the Brooks Ravenna 2's to the extent that I've ditched them after about 60 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thursday - 10 Miles at 8:53 pace - Did this in my new Saucony Mirages, good first impression but will wait awhile to see how they get on with me - I hated the Brooks Ravenna 2's to the extent that I've ditched them after about 60 miles

They have a very low heel to toe profile compared to normal trainers, so your calfs may get a bit sore to start with. As long as it is not too severe you will then get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I hated the Brooks Ravenna 2's to the extent that I've ditched them after about 60 miles

I remember having a chat with you after you got them shoes and said they were awful. I got 52 miles done in Brooks Ravenna 4 and they crippled me. Good day's work in ditching them boss.

Do you think I got my washboard stomach from eating twelve tins of Roses over Christmas?

No I think you got it with the help of a razor and a permanent black marker...

Great to see you throwing runners away and buying new ones like money grows on trees. Wouldn't mind having a job like yours!

And well done on finally becoming part of the elusive M45 category. I hope you enjoyed exercising the discipline of training and not ordering birthday cake like the weight-watching fiend you are..:rolleyes:

Friday - Recovery run before tomorrow's LSR - 3 Miles at 9:23 pace - Core and strength

• Advertisement

Saturday - LSR in the Park - Myself and CL met up Jaffa, Sunflower, Aimman and Pistol, did just over 6 and then met up with Meno and Oisin and went on....
    16 miles @ 9.12 pace

Sunday - Myself and CL met up with Aimman and Meno in Bohernabreena Resevoir car park and did the Duck Egg Farm run out the back of the lakes and on up toward Glenasmole past the Glencree turn and back down to the reservoir where we tagged on an extra 1.5 miles.... This was an excellent run with a long climb, fresh air and a very fast last .75 of a mile just for the he'll of it - I'm feeling strong after the week - 10 miles @ 9:20

Weekly total mileage 54.4 - Highest ever weekly total :)

This was an excellent run with a long climb, fresh air and a very fast last .75 of a mile just for the he'll of it - I'm feeling strong after the week - 10 miles @ 9:20

I enjoyed it too, did you know who aprreciate the fast last .75? ;)

You were looking very fresh at the end alright, this kind of training might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

That was a great long drag of a hill too, I'd definitely go back a few more times, even just for that hill (Oh, and to clock my fasted mile on the downhill stretch) :D

menoscemo wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too, did you know who aprreciate the fast last .75? ;)

You were looking very fresh at the end alright, this kind of training might suit you.

You know who instigated it... ;)

You know who instigated it... ;)

So who won?:D

You know who!! ;)

You know who!! ;)

Well, just for posterity the last half a mile was done at 6:01 pace..... I have a funny feeling that if we weren't training for an Ultra we'd have tried to keep that pace up until we got sick ;)

Jaybus, I posted on Sunday and my log was on page 5 :eek: The sooner the New Year resolution heads give up and fup off the better :D;)

Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - 10.13 Miles at 8:52 pace

Wednesday - I was to do 5 but was wrecked so amazingly I took the smart option and took a rest.

Thursday - 12.12 Miles at 8:52 pace - I tagged an extra couple on here to make up a little for my inactivity on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Ah the fun, I've just noticed you're running the ultra on April Fool's Day:D, you have to laugh....:P

Advertisement