Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Limerick (1st May), Kildare (15th May) and Cork (6th June) look like your best options. There'll be a fair few bordsies heading down to Limerick and cork for the weekends (Hopefully I'll be pacing in both) and kildare is only a stones throw away.
    Belfast (2nd May) and Edinburgh (2nd May) are other possible options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I looked at the Limerick course and there's a lot of backtracking, is it a good race?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    Limerick (1st May), Kildare (15th May) and Cork (6th June) look like your best options. There'll be a fair few bordsies heading down to Limerick and cork for the weekends (Hopefully I'll be pacing in both) and kildare is only a stones throw away.
    Belfast (2nd May) and Edinburgh (2nd May) are other possible options.

I really don't want to get 'Limerick' printed on my Marathon vest (even though it's a manky looking thing) ;)......Edinburgh could be a good idea...I've excellent memories of that city...Heineken Cup 2009....Go the Lions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I really don't want to get 'Limerick' printed on my Marathon vest (even though it's a manky looking thing)
    You'd fit right in. ;)

You'd fit right in. ;)

Cos I drive a Subaru?? :D

• Advertisement

:D:D

Back to running...

Ran down to met up with rk and jcsmum this morning and do some laps of Tymon Park....jcsmum unwell so myself and rk headed off trying to avoid frost, ice and what looked like a burst pipe at the Spawell...rk has her LSR tomorrow so we took it handy.....Did a couple of laps and ran back home...11.1 miles at 9:59 pace...

I think it's time for me to take a nice rest as I've run nearly 46 miles since last Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Back to running...

Ran down to met up with rk and jcsmum this morning and do some laps of Tymon Park....jcsmum unwell so myself and rk headed off trying to avoid frost, ice and what looked like a burst pipe at the Spawell...rk has her LSR tomorrow so we took it handy.....Did a couple of laps and ran back home...11.1 miles at 9:59 pace...

I think it's time for me to take a nice rest as I've run nearly 46 miles since last Saturday!!

Great running, glad RK got out this morning, I thought I had let her down. Beyond my control unfortunately. (see my log :o )

jcsmum wrote: »
    Great running, glad RK got out this morning, I thought I had let her down. Beyond my control unfortunately. (see my log :o )

Thanks, it actually turned out to be a beautiful morning!

I just checked your log...That's absolutely classic......No arm done I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Great mileage Digger, that's a great week.

I really don't want to get 'Limerick' printed on my Marathon vest (even though it's a manky looking thing) ;)......Edinburgh could be a good idea...I've excellent memories of that city...Heineken Cup 2009....Go the Lions!!

Would 'Tallaght' be preferable?

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    Would 'Tallaght' be preferable?

No way you'd survive 26.2 miles in my home town without having your runners robbed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Back to running...

good running digger, keep it up - would you consider the dubai marathon at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Thanks, it actually turned out to be a beautiful morning!

I just checked your log...That's absolutely classic......No arm done I hope?

I gotta hand it to you - I knew you'd have some smart comment! :rolleyes::D

showit wrote: »
    good running digger, keep it up - would you consider the dubai marathon at some stage

Assume it's during their 'Winter'...Still too hot I suspect....Would go play golf again if the Aston Martin driver has a free villa!!

By the by, what are your thoughts on the Raheny 5 miler?

By the by, what are your thoughts on the Raheny 5 miler?

My 2c: Both of you should do it! It's a very good race.

My 2c: Both of you should do it! It's a very good race.

I'm convinced, Chinguetti and Meno are running too afaik!

I'm convinced, Chinguetti and Meno are running too afaik!

Could be another classic finish ;)

Could be another classic finish ;)

And the saga continues......:D

Meno v Chinguetti the rematch, these boys mean business, watch out for the guts, the glory and 7 or 8 pints of semi-digested beer thrown across the line ahead of the victor;)

Jebas.....The pressure:eek: When is the Raheny 5 ? and is that a race or a bunch of unfairly imprisoned Northside gougers?

• Advertisement

30th January, and it's a race :pac:

30th January, and it's a race :pac:

Sh1t, it's my Wife's birthday...Hang on, let me think....Right, I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It's a really nice race, you should definitely do it. Good crowd, running and watching, kids races beforehand, lots of chocolate in the goody bag...

Hey digger. A few of us are hitting the UCD track tomorrow if you're interested. see group training thread.

Hey digger. A few of us are hitting the UCD track tomorrow if you're interested. see group training thread.

Thanks meno, was out last night for a meeting with the lads re;skiing....A bit bleary eyed today....That said, it may be possible....I'll jump oto the group training thread.....

Right, yesterday morning I played golf for the first time in about 2 months and must have walked about 10 miles as I played Army Golf...Left, Right, Left ,Right :D.......So, that was the cross training covered.

Then went out yesterday evening and did 4.64 miles at 8:44 pace and also attempted a 50% increase in my Push Up Challenge...I say attempted because I did 15/15/9.....I literally had to summon all strength to get the 9th one in...My arms were absolutely dead afterwards....

MTD Mileage 50:31

So much for building a base and gradually increasing the quantity.

You running on Sunday?

So much for building a base and gradually increasing the quantity.

You running on Sunday?

I know...The intention was to do 11/11/11 and I, well...I guess I did a DCM on it :D Note to self.....Learn to be more disciplined and realistic! Not sure about the weekend, I'm a 'maybe' at the moment!

I know...The intention was to do 11/11/11 and I, well...I guess I did a DCM on it :D Note to self.....Learn to be more disciplined and realistic! Not sure about the weekend, I'm a 'maybe' at the moment!

You've become very non-committal and evasive since your birthday, please see below and be honest, do you see yourself?

1. Outrageous purchases - (new runners etc)
    Flirting - (I felt you were running in Meno's personal space last week)
    Irresponsibility - (heading off on ski trips)
    Death-defying behaviour - (11 x 3 sets of press ups)
    Exercise frenzy - (Connemarathon anyone?)
    Excessive reminiscing - (going on about how cool the homo-erotic changing room scenes in Top Gun were)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Thanks meno, was out last night for a meeting with the lads re;skiing....A bit bleary eyed today....That said, it may be possible....I'll jump oto the group training thread.....

What heppened too, not going out - im off the Drink ?!?:(

Advertisement