Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congrats Digdig, super result:D:D:D Thrilled for you.

However this does mean you will have to revert to your original log name as we all told you you could do in or around that time, so we do know everything.

Besides, how else are people supposed to know how ridiculously good looking you are?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done A, you can't let herself have all the glory! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Brilliant time yesterday, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Marthastew wrote: »

Besides, how else are people supposed to know how ridiculously good looking you are?;)

You can show them the picture you keep of me ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done A, you can't let herself have all the glory! ;):)

Thanjs, I had to set her a slightly tougher target to aim at in the Kikdare half ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Thanjs, I had to set her a slightly tougher target to aim at in the Kikdare half ;)

So when are you going to set that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

he's like the indecisive OAP who has to try out everything in the shop :rolleyes::)

Monday - Rest following Sunday's HM

Tuesday - Club session - 1.5 mile warm up - 3 sets of 3 x 200m with 30 secs recovery and 200 metre recovery in between sets - 1 mile warm down

Wednesday - Recovery run - 3.1 miles at 9.09 pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I suppose 3:15 is still sub 3:30 :D

Best of luck with the goal and well done on the half.

Woddle wrote: »
    I suppose 3:15 is still sub 3:30 :D

Best of luck with the goal and well done on the half.

Let's not get carried away ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

...well you'll have to run 3:15 if you want to avoid getting chicked by the OH!!
    CL's moving through PBs almost as quick as you are through log titles!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You need sub 3:15 to qualify for london.
    She only needs sub 3:50 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

More log titles - can ye all just stop with the title changing.

If this keeps up, i make have to do a training log:mad:

chinguetti wrote: »

If this keeps up, i make have to do a training log:mad:

Are you from Russia dude? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Are you from Russia dude? :D

No, Waterford. And if you are saying 'dude', you must be from West Coast Amerika!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Again with the soft target? C'mon Digs sub 3:20 at least, you just ran 1:36, Ray did 1:35 (I think) one month before running 3:29 in DCM. You have 5 months. ;)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Again with the soft target? C'mon Digs sub 3:20 at least, you just ran 1:36, Ray did 1:35 (I think) one month before running 3:29 in DCM. You have 5 months. ;)

1.36.23 :)
    You've gotta set 3.15 as an early target at least, work your training paces off that. If your race times over the summer aren't in line with it you can always drop back down to 3.30...

You know that I like to under promise and over deliver :) Seriously though, there's improvement to come, especially with proper training this time around as opposed to just churning out miles. That said, thinking of running 26.2 at 8 min pace is one thing but 7:35 seems a big stretch at the moment.

Ray also ended up in a wheelchair :):)

RayCun wrote: »
    1.36.23 :)
    You've gotta set 3.15 as an early target at least, work your training paces off that. If your race times over the summer aren't in line with it you can always drop back down to 3.30...

CL's new coach no less will be setting her Berlin goal time soon - I'll see how that looks and go from there. In general we are not a million miles apart on times at the moment and it would be my intention, ultra aside, not to be chicked so we will no doubt drive each other to get faster.

We will also do roughly 50% of Berlin training together so it would be handy to have the same pmp, recovery, solid state times etc.

I think I could get close to 1:32 or so if I did a HM in another month and if the legs weren't feeling as wrecked so I must plug that into McMillan and see what shows up for a marathon time.

I also want to see where I am in terms of times for 100m, 200m and 400m as a benchmark.

• Advertisement

Ray also ended up in a wheelchair :):)

and a 3.29 :cool:

I think I could get close to 1:32 or so if I did a HM in another month and if the legs weren't feeling as wrecked so I must plug that into McMillan and see what shows up for a marathon time.

McMillan would give you a sub 3:05 for that. You can't trust it for a marathon unless you're running 80+ miles a week and training/eating/sleeping appropriately. Twice your half plus 10% is a good rule of thumb.

You also can't base your time on Claralara's projected goal, it's nuts, she's only starting to get the times down, with specific training she's going to pass us all and with respect you're not going to make the same gains in the next 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

+1, 1:36 half or faster is 3:30 in reality based on other boardsies performance (male especially) Especially as Digger seems more a fast twitch type runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

+1, 1:36 half or faster is 3:30 in reality based on other boardsies performance (male especially) Especially as Digger seems more a fast twitch type runner.

That's assuming he ran the marathon in the next 6 weeks and didn't change his training drastically. Sometimes shocks to the body, for example joining a running club, doing speed sessions etc bring people on massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

+1 Especially as Digger seems more a fast twit.

There's no need to bring up Digger's level of intelligence, we're discussing his running abilities;)

What's a fast twitch runner? Genuine question. Have done some googling, but figure one of you might have a quick answer akin to a 'Running for Dummies' book. Thanks!

McMillan would give you a sub 3:05 for that. You can't trust it for a marathon unless you're running 80+ miles a week and training/eating/sleeping appropriately. Twice your half plus 10% is a good rule of thumb.

You also can't base your time on Claralara's projected goal, it's nuts, she's only starting to get the times down, with specific training she's going to pass us all and with respect you're not going to make the same gains in the next 5 months.

Is that not a bit of a contradiction? My goal is 3:30. You're telling him not to align himself with that, as I'll be faster than him. Yet you're pushing him to sign up and agree to give 3:20 a bash?

Maybe all of this is tongue-in-cheek and I'm just not getting it...:confused:

claralara wrote: »
    What's a fast twitch runner? Genuine question. Have done some googling, but figure one of you might have a quick answer akin to a 'Running for Dummies' book. Thanks!

The fibres in your muscles are made up proportionately with fast and slow twitch cells, more fast than slow makes you a sprinter, vice versa makes you an endurance runner, Fast however can take on slow characteristics from lots of long running.

The fibres in your muscles are made up proportionately with fast and slow twitch cells, more fast than slow makes you a sprinter, vice versa makes you an endurance runner, Fast however can take on slow characteristics from lots of long running.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

CL's new coach no less will be setting her Berlin goal time soon
    claralara wrote: »

Is that not a bit of a contradiction? My goal is 3:30. You're telling him not to align himself with that, as I'll be faster than him. Yet you're pushing him to sign up and agree to give 3:20 a bash?

Maybe all of this is tongue-in-cheek and I'm just not getting it...:confused:

Responses were based on the above. No tongue in cheek.

Advertisement