Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Great time - great work.

I want what drugs both of them are clearly taking :pac:

Looks like we will have our own 3.30 bus in Berlin - awesome :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

"was a very competitive and combatitive sportsman in years gone by... In fact, maybe a little too Roy Keane for my own good""

WHAT?

You are close to morphing into Keppel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

showit wrote: »
    "was a very competitive and combatitive sportsman in years gone by... In fact, maybe a little too Roy Keane for my own good""

WHAT?

You are close to morphing into Keppel :D

Awwwww...... ;)

Great time - great work.

I want what drugs both of them are clearly taking :pac:

Looks like we will have our own 3.30 bus in Berlin - awesome :cool:

Cheers Vagga...

CL keeps her potion under lock and key but I suspect it's Kenyan Haemoglobin.

My potion resides within me, it's called talent :D;)

Krusty gave CL an idea for a 10 mile run this weekend so thanks to that I had to drag myself out following quite a few cans last night, popcorn, peanuts, Hula Hoops... You get the picture ;)

Sunday - 10 Miles - 4 at 9:04 pace, 2 at 7:22 and the last 4 at 7:09. This was a great run but tough on the legs after the couple of midweek sessions. All finished now, showered, changed and we're heading out to watch the match.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Krusty gave CL an idea for a 10 mile run this weekend so thanks to that I had to drag myself out following quite a few cans last night, popcorn, peanuts, Hula Hoops... You get the picture ;)

Sunday - 10 Miles - 4 at 9:04 pace, 2 at 7:22 and the last 4 at 7:09. This was a great run but tough on the legs after the couple of midweek sessions. All finished now, showered, changed and we're heading out to watch the match.:D

Thanks! I know you only did that for my benefit seeing as you already have your HM PB sorted... Though I'm wondering why you're encouraging the competition...?! Unless it's reverse-pschology sabotage such that I'm going to be absolutely shattered come race day...hmmm:rolleyes::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

claralara wrote: »
    Thanks! I know you only did that for my benefit seeing as you already have your HM PB sorted... Though I'm wondering why you're encouraging the competition...?! Unless it's reverse-pschology sabotage such that I'm going to be absolutely shattered come race day...hmmm:rolleyes::mad:

Is it Kildare your both doing?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Is it Kildare your both doing?

CL's doing Kildare, I'm supporting my club by doing the Sportsworld 5 Mile ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

CL's doing Kildare, I'm supporting my club by doing the Sportsworld 5 Mile ;)

Should you not be suporting your club by volunteering to marshall it? :p

menoscemo wrote: »

I'll be making tea afterwards ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

First time for everything ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

That means everyones gonna have to wait for you to finish. That could take a while ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah he'll be making tea 40 minutes after its starts and if he's clever, he have the kettle boiled before he starts:D

That means everyones gonna have to wait for you to finish. That could take a while ;):p
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Ah he'll be making tea 40 minutes after its starts and if he's clever, he have the kettle boiled before he starts:D

No, it's all good smartarses ;)... Meno is gonna get stuck into chicken balls the night before (lucky chicken :D) and throw up at the 2.5 mile mark and head back and sort the tea out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No, it's all good smartarses ;)... Meno is gonna get stuck into chicken balls the night before (lucky chicken :D) and throw up at the 2.5 mile mark and head back and sort the tea out

I'm gonna head back from Kildare? :confused:

Still don't think I'll get back in time to make the tea :rolleyes:

I'm gonna head back from Kildare? :confused:

Still don't think I'll get back in time to make the tea :rolleyes:

Damn, forgot you were pacing Kildare, the Terenure Chamber Of Commerce will be relieved that they won't have to steam clean a wall on the route :D

Tuesday - Club session - absolutely pi55ing it down.

W/up - then 4 sets of 1 x 800m & 1 x 600m with 60 & 90 sec recovery respectively - then W/down.

I found this session tough, times were between 5.50 and 6.20 per mile but I got stronger toward the end and my last 600m was the quickest although I was out on my feet in the last 100ms.

No 5 mile for me next week as I'm on marshalling duties....I will however be cheering all boardsies on..

Thursday - Beautiful evening, 7 Miles at 8:21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

No 5 mile for me next week as I'm on marshalling duties....I will however be cheering all boardsies on..

Thursday - Beautiful evening, 7 Miles at 8:21

Poacher turned gamekeeper!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Well done bud, you gotta be targeting 3.15 in berlin now. Dont mind this 3.30 nonsense:D

• Advertisement

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Well done bud, you gotta be targeting 3.15 in berlin now. Dont mind this 3.30 nonsense:D

Cheers Frank, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Nice meeting you today and well done. You looked far too relaxed for a man running a 5k PB and the lack of spittle on your face and your ability to talk a couple of minutes after the finish tells me there is another massive chunk to come off that in the next few weeks. 5ks are different to the longer races in that you need to do a bunch of them in a short period of time so that you get the racing intensity right.

Saturday - Le Cheile 5km Road race in Leixlip with cakes 'n' stuff...

So, nice and easy trot around Leixlip today. Started along side CL but burned her off in the first 5 metres ;). Slight downhill for the first few hundered metres so had an average of 3.45/Km on my watch at that point to give me some room as I headed up and over the Railway track (is that what it was?).... Kept to a pretty strict pace and was slightly perturbed to see Woddle move past me at the 1.5 - 2 km point but one thing that the Ultra has taught me is that real men are in it for the long run :D;)...

Anyway, felt pretty strong in the last 2km and just concentrated on good form, got a few shouts with 400m to go from the Boardsies (they missed their chance to shout straight after for CL and wind me up that she was a second or two behind me;)) to come over the line in 19:34.... Officially a sub 20 (following my disputed Clonliffe 4.88km :D) so happy with that.... Even happier to see CL break 20 mins with a 19:57.... I'm not meant to say but we are both targetting sub 19 in the next one...:D;)

Nice meeting you today and well done. You looked far too relaxed for a man running a 5k PB and the lack of spittle on your face and your ability to talk a couple of minutes after the finish tells me there is another massive chunk to come off that in the next few weeks. 5ks are different to the longer races in that you need to do a bunch of them in a short period of time so that you get the racing intensity right.

I'm a giver, not a taker;):D

Good to meet you too! No doubt the recent training has made a big difference and I'm looking forward to see what it brings as things move forward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I'm a giver, not a taker;):D
    Jaysus, that's put some awful mental imagery into my head. If you are up to that sort of carry on in races you'll take minutes off your time :)

Jaysus, that's put some awful mental imagery into my head. If you are up to that sort of carry on in races you'll take minutes off your time :)

:D

Was in Vienna with CL and the outlaws for a few days so the routine changed a bit....

Sunday - 3 Miles easy - 9:15 pace (recovery from Saturday's 5k Race)

Monday - Found a 600 metre hill and did as follows - 3 x 600m repeats with slow jog back between each one followed by 3 x 100m sprints followed by 3 x 50m sprints. I found this quite tough on the legs, I pushed it very hard and the incline was pretty taxing.

Tuesday- Rest day as did quite a lot of walking and had a couple of afternoon beers alongside the Danube :)

Wednesday - Back in Dublin to the greyness and rain, was feeling a little out of sorts so decided to have a rest day prior to Thursday's club session.

Thursday - Club session - The plan was for 12 x 200m repeats - I did a w/up of a mile or so and then headed off behind the fast guys for what I thought were strides prior to the 200's... It turned out to be Fartlek so I thought the 200's had been abandoned due to slippy conditions. After a lap (1.5 miles) of Fartlek I retured to see the Intermediate group doing the 200's... Doh! Anyway I joined in for the last 5.

1.5 mile w/up and w/down
    1.5 mile Fartlek
    5 x 200 m repeats with 60 second recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

good running man - might do the sportsworld this weekend - hope weather is better than last years wind swept course

• Advertisement

showit wrote: »
    good running man - might do the sportsworld this weekend - hope weather is better than last years wind swept course

Did you do it in the end? I didn't see you but I only saw 1 out of the 3 boardsies that I knew were doing it.

When you saw me the other night I was dropping leaflets in to advise residents about that race... I was full sure you'd be on slagging me about doing a nixer delivering Pizza flyers:D

Advertisement