Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Kilcock 5k.....

Mini report to follow but a new PB of 19:10 on a windy course, very happy with the progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Kilcock 5k.....

Mini report to follow but a new PB of 19:10 on a windy course, very happy with the progress :)

Well done A, you might have been the only happy camper after last nights race. Fantastic time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Kilcock 5k.....

Well done on the race, times are really coming down.

Saturday - 12 miles at about 8:50 average.

I've been carrying a little bit of runner's knee since the Raheny 5k and wouldn't have run the Kilcock 5k on Friday but Meno needed to be sniped and sniped he was ;) The 12 miles on Saturday was fine but the knees felt a bit dodgy afterwards. Rested and looked after myself on Sunday, lots of Deep Freeze spray and support. I've had this before and it has cleared away pretty quickly. Right knee is fine but the left one is not great so today will be another rest day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Saturday - 12 miles at about 8:50 average.

I've been carrying a little bit of runner's knee since the Raheny 5k and wouldn't have run the Kilcock 5k on Friday but Meno needed to be sniped and sniped he was ;) The 12 miles on Saturday was fine but the knees felt a bit dodgy afterwards. Rested and looked after myself on Sunday, lots of Deep Freeze spray and support. I've had this before and it has cleared away pretty quickly. Right knee is fine but the left one is not great so today will be another rest day.

Where'd you hear about that? :)

As for the sniping, live by the sword......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Meno needed to be sniped and sniped he was ;) ..... so today will be another rest day.

Rest day? Me thinks you're too busy to run as you are spending your time flexing in front of the mirror since Friday ;)

jcsmum wrote: »

Rest day? Me thinks you're too busy to run as you are spending your time flexing in front of the mirror since Friday ;)

That or doing the helicopter! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »

That or doing the helicopter! :pac:

Noooooooo.....image out please :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Just catching up properly on the log there Digs. Some great running and pacing so well done.

shazkea wrote: »
    Just catching up properly on the log there Digs. Some great running and pacing so well done.

Thanks Shaz

• Advertisement

so, log update,still running away. Went to a 5k near Navan last week for a training run in 20.59, this felt like a piece of pith. Did 8 with Meno on Thursday and bumped into him during Friday's 8. Saturday was the Clontarf HM which I paced with CL, we had a great group and enjoyed the weather and the smiling pacees whowent sub 2 for the first time. Have had a bit of a bug and felt it most on Sunday's recovery run.

This week, Monday 8 @ 8:06 pace, Tuesday did 10 with CL at 8:15 pace. 6 mile recovery this evening and club session tomorrow.

Quick update, Saturday 18 miles at 8:32 with the group in the park

Sunday 6 mile recovery

Monday 11 with 4 at 8:20 avearge, 4 at 7.41 avearge and 3 at 8:50

Tuesday 8 at 8:2x average

Wednesday 5 at 8:32 average

Thursday 18 at 8:24 average

Tough running and mileage ramping up, body a little wrecked but looking forward to a step back week next week. This week should see total mileage of circa 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Monday 11 with 4 at 8:20 avearge, 4 at 7.41 avearge and 3 at 8:50

So that's MP?

I see Mrs so and so is sneakily doing her MP miles a bit faster than that :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    So that's MP?

current MP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »
    current MP ;)
    Good stuff, I have money riding on this one and 7:40/mile will only just about cut it. Need more wiggle room :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Good stuff, I have money riding on this one and 7:40/mile will only just about cut it. Need more wiggle room :p

He could get slower :) Age isn't on his side*

*sorry digger

TRR wrote: »

He could get slower :) Age isn't on his side*

*sorry digger

You're forgiven you sadist fooker... Here, Meno, has Brian been suckered in again?

So, haven't updated my log for ages... For anyone who is interested, I'm still alive and training has been really good, but really hard. A few weeks ago I started to have some problems, breathing really heavily after 1/2 miles even at 9 min/mile recovery pace. So, got kicked in the ar5e by the delightful CL to go get a blood test, low blood pressure, low Ferrotin, low B12, de-hydrated, high cholesterol etc. etc. But the good news is that my guns are still in great shape (the Doctor commented on them) :) So, marthstew, if you read this, Officer dig dig is still on the beat ;)

Doing the Longford half on Sunday and hope to finally break 2 hours ;).......

Might do the Rathfarnham 5k before Berlin but will leave that decision to Doctor Evil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I really thought you'd do it in the Midlands but it's like you didn't even try..

You were the proverbial hair away from it (;)) and you were just a lazy so and so who wouldn't dig deep. Some role model huh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

So, haven't updated my log for ages... For anyone who is interested, I'm still alive and training has been really good, but really hard. A few weeks ago I started to have some problems, breathing really heavily after 1/2 miles even at 9 min/mile recovery pace. So, got kicked in the ar5e by the delightful CL to go get a blood test, low blood pressure, low Ferrotin, low B12, de-hydrated, high cholesterol etc. etc. But the good news is that my guns are still in great shape (the Doctor commented on them) :) So, marthstew, if you read this, Officer dig dig is still on the beat ;)

Might do the Rathfarnham 5k before Berlin but will leave that decision to Doctor Evil :)

I was getting worried that officer dig dig wouldn't be able to join us in Berlin, what a relief;)
    I did try to surreptitously check out your guns at the Midlands Half but I was too distracted by Mr Stew's Guns, I think he's almost ready to be promoted to officer, he's been training really hard.
    Will Officer Dig dig be bringing his truncheon to Berlin? I'm not sure it will make it through airport security

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Marthastew wrote: »
    Will Officer Dig dig be bringing his truncheon to Berlin? I'm not sure it will make it through airport security

I don't even need to post the Spinal Tap excerpt, do I?

Will Officer Dig dig be bringing his truncheon to Berlin?

I've only checked on one bag which will be laden down with the necessary running gear and then all of the 'just-in-case' running gear. So unless Aer Lingus' carry-on restrictions are more lax than Ryanair's, then I don't think it'll fit... :eek:
    He'll be too busy running and beer-ing in anyways...:P;)

We'll be okay as long as some female airport security newbie doesn't go patting me down... The truncheon could easily go off in her hand ;)

Ooops, was logged in as CL above. If I wasn't such an upstanding member of the running community I'd have kept my mouth shut and had some fun :D

claralara wrote: »
    We'll be okay as long as some female airport security newbie doesn't go patting me down... The truncheon could easily go off in her hand ;)
    Ooops, was logged in as CL above. If I wasn't such an upstanding member of the running community I'd have kept my mouth shut and had some fun :D

Has anyone seen Claralara lately?, How do we know it's not just a case of Digger logging in pretending?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VaderMLK

Hello digger. philip here. Good luck today in longford. hope the race goes well for you. sure its only a third of distance we ran in connamara !

6 minute PB's all round in our house tonight! :D great run Digsie! Guys I've heard the report in full - it's a good one ;)

VaderMLK wrote: »
    Hello digger. philip here. Good luck today in longford. hope the race goes well for you. sure its only a third of distance we ran in connamara !

Cheers Philip, only seeing this now but the good wishes worked:-) How are you getting on?

claralara wrote: »
    6 minute PB's all round in our house tonight! :D great run Digsie! Guys I've heard the report in full - it's a good one ;)

Thanks champ! ;-)

• Advertisement

Thanks champ! ;-)

How'd you get on A?

Advertisement