Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Mr Slow wrote: »
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    Thanks champ! ;-)

How'd you get on A?

Did pretty well, a six minute pb, 1:30:30. I hear you set a new pb for hours slept ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Did pretty well, a six minute pb, 1:30:30. I hear you set a new pb for hours slept ;)

Well done Digger on the PB - A huge leap forward!
    Of course it was bad form on CL's part not to wait for you! ;)

And well done to you Mr.Slow on the marathon sleep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done Digger, great time.

Right so... A quick update on where I am with Berlin....

Training has been tough but good, missing quite a lot of sleep at the moment from work related stress... CL bought me a notebook so that when I wake up during the night I can write down the things that are on my mind and therefore free the head piece up to get back to sleep; It's not working as yet as I keep fretting about how to action the points I've written down. Feel I'm getting close to living from the land in a caravan whilst building my dream house made from stuff I find in the forest and freeing my mind of all of this sh1te ;)

Anyway, back to this weeks training....

Monday - 12 Miles - 3 reps of 3 @ 7.24/ 1 @ 8.45

Tuesday - 8 Miles @ 8.15

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - :eek::eek: 20 Miles - 8 @ 8.28, 6 @ 7.19, 1 @ 8.48, 2 @ 6.52, 3 warmdowns @ 8.36

So there we are, last night's run was a killer, I really thought The Road Runner and CL were going to have to chip in and get me a Stair Master :D

If I can get some half decent sleeps between now and the end of the month I should be in pretty good shape. Regarding my goal time, it was originally sub 3:30 but would probably look a bit more like sub 3:20 is possible at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Training has been tough but good, missing quite a lot of sleep at the moment from work related stress... CL bought me a notebook so that when I wake up during the night I can write down the things that are on my mind and therefore free the head piece up to get back to sleep; It's not working as yet as I keep fretting about how to action the points I've written down. Feel I'm getting close to living from the land in a caravan whilst building my dream house made from stuff I find in the forest and freeing my mind of all of this sh1te ;)

Tuesday - 8 Miles @ 8.15

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - :eek::eek: 20 Miles - 8 @ 8.28, 6 @ 7.19, 1 @ 8.48, 2 @ 6.52, 3 warmdowns @ 8.36

So there we are, last night's run was a killer, I really thought The Road Runner and CL were going to have to chip in and get me a Stair Master :D

If I can get some half decent sleeps between now and the end of the month I should be in pretty good shape. Regarding my goal time, it was originally sub 3:30 but would probably look a bit more like sub 3:20 is possible at this stage.

When I started in Sales I was thrown in at the deep end on a campaign for a large car brand and was sleep negotiating about units and discounts while Mrs Slow was trying to get me to shut up so she could get some sleep.:)

You know yourself, you go through these ****e phases, they do pass.

• Advertisement

That looks like a savage session there Digger! I'd say you did well to find the '2@6.52' after all that went before!
    3:20 sounds about right from that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Tuesday - 8 Miles @ 8.15

Wednesday - Rest

Was that you and your other half in the Irish Indo Running Magazine last week Digger...? Looking good and well done your other half for winning the womens race.

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You know yourself, you go through these ****e phases, they do pass.

This one has lasted 14 months though!

belcarra wrote: »
    That looks like a savage session there Digger! I'd say you did well to find the '2@6.52' after all that went before!
    3:20 sounds about right from that alright.

Yep, the two at 6.52 were... interesting to say the least ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

This one has lasted 14 months though!

Nuff said :o

• Advertisement

JEmily wrote: »
    Was that you and your other half in the Irish Indo Running Magazine last week Digger...? Looking good and well done your other half for winning the womens race.

Jaybus, a blast from the past!! Yes, that was us alright, I've always been a media hoor even if it is as a hanger on ;)

How are you getting on these days anyway...any running? How's the new business going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah yeah, Dig Dig has a new range of running singlets of his photoshoot that will be making their first appearance at the half next weekend.

All form an orderly line behind the non celeb 1.50 pacer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Jaybus, a blast from the past!! Yes, that was us alright, I've always been a media hoor even if it is as a hanger on ;)

How are you getting on these days anyway...any running? How's the new business going?

:) Well hanger on or not you both done great although i love it when a woman kicks a man's ass:P

Ohhhhhhh don't mention the "run" word...not too bad done a nice 10.5 miles last weekend am building back up at the mo. Would love to do DCM but left it too late i think! Mr. Slow might have got a cling on in his pace group but now he's gone i think i'll copy him!

Doing good bit of road racing on the bike and have 2 charity triathlons also coming up so am looking forward to those!

Pretty busy full stop. Won't complain:rolleyes:

Your times are looking good, i see you doing run splits now, HR monitors and the like...God things are so mod now!!!

BTW for all Base2Race fans they are having a 3 day sale starting today in their shop in Ballymount, Dublin 12. For anyone who wants a few running bits or the like...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Just seeing this now, great job taking a chunk out of your PB!

Saturday - 3 miles recovery @ 9.45
    Sunday - 6 recovery @ 8.58
    Monday - 5 easy @ 7.52 , 1 w/down at 8.30

All good, last week before taper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

All good, last week before taper :)

I just realised that it's going to taper INSANITY in our house... so if we could all just focus on me that wouldb be great :)

claralara wrote: »
    I just realised that it's going to taper INSANITY in our house... so if we could all just focus on me that wouldb be great :)

No need to change anything so ;)

Tuesday - 10 miles at 8.13 average. Good run this evening, last mile felt a bit heavy legged but splits for the last few were fast enough.

Wednesday - 10 Miles at CL's MP ;) .... I felt very strong during the middle of this but Monday and Tuesday's runs started to tell and I felt a bit 'leggy' for the last mile, that said, I flew by CL (who was on an easy 5 or 6) with 1.5 miles to go... rare feeling these days;)

All is good now for Berlin, I'm hoping the reduction in mileage and effort over the next 2 and a half weeks results in a burst of energy but who am I fooling... Taper just doesn't do that for me.

Legs feel soooo much better since I switched to running almost exclusively in Lunar Racers. I'm considering running with the Berlin 3.15 pace group (providing the organisers kindly move my start allocation) and stay with them for as long as I can. Bit of a scary though trying to run 26.2 miles at that pace but an even scarier thought trying to figure everything out in KM's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Legs feel soooo much better since I switched to running almost exclusively in Lunar Racers. I'm considering running with the Berlin 3.15 pace group (providing the organisers kindly move my start allocation) and stay with them for as long as I can. Bit of a scary though trying to run 26.2 miles at that pace but an even scarier thought trying to figure everything out in KM's :D

Good stuff. That's the kind of time I think you are capable of. Now go put it up on the Berlin thread so it's set in stone :pac:

If the organisers don't move your start position, just start on the left had side of the road (there is a kind of path seperating the two sides the road). Almost everyone lines up on the RHS as that is where the bag drop is...
    Last year I started on the LHS and I actually crossed the startline before Brianderunner who was in the sub 3 pen in front of me. Don't panic anyway. The start is on a very wide Rd and there are no real hold ups, the first mile and a half is staright through the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

3.15 is 4.37 a km says McMillan, so 23.05 per 5k... 23 minutes even for ease of calculation...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good work, 3.15 will be no bother to you. Just look after yourself that the two of you dont go insane not running 70 miles a week for the next two weeks :D

RayCun wrote: »
    3.15 is 4.37 a km says McMillan, so 23.05 per 5k... 23 minutes even for ease of calculation...

It's like having to learn a foreign language in 17 days :eek:

Good work, 3.15 will be no bother to you. Just look after yourself that the two of you dont go insane not running 70 miles a week for the next two weeks :D

I only said ''considering'' running with the 3.15 pace group ;)

Yep, there'll be double taper in the house:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

It's like having to learn a foreign language in 17 days :eek:
    ...of course if you knew you were doing a km base race you could have gotten prepared months ago :p

Anyway, your burd is educated, she will help you :D

It's like having to learn a foreign language in 1710.3 metric days :eek:

fyp!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm sure digdig can suggest other ways that they can expend their excess energy.

...of course if you knew you were doing a km base race you could have gotten prepared months ago :p

Anyway, your burd is educated, she will help you :D

Her math has me driven to subtraction ;)

I'm sure digdig can suggest other ways that they can expend their excess energy.

I think I'd rather have a nice cup of tea :D;)

• Advertisement

Update...

Took Thursday and Friday off..

Saturday - HM Phoenix Park - Was pacing this with Spag Bol and The Longford Express, 1:50 band, was all good, I couldn't be a4sed doing up a report (see CL's log) An excellent group and some very happy first time sub 1:50 runners!

Sunday - 4 recovery at 8:30 ish

Monday - 6 easy at 8.25, this was a mini progression run, first mile started out as 8:46 and gradually got to the last at 8:09. Interestingly, both myself and The Longford Express got hit with a feeling of indifference during this run at about 3 miles, almost like we just wanted to stop. It wasn't that the run was hard (it felt a little more taxing on achy legs) but made us both realise how much psychology goes on in all of this. We ploughed on and by mile 5 I was warmed up and all was good again.

Today's run is due to be 4-6 recovery

Advertisement