Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

showit wrote: »
    What heppened too, not going out - im off the Drink ?!?:(

That was last week.....This week I'm only drinking on days with a Y in them :D

mrslow wrote: »
    You've become very non-committal and evasive since your birthday, please see below and be honest, do you see yourself?

1. Outrageous purchases - (new runners etc)
    2. Flirting - (I felt you were running in Meno's personal space last week)
    3. Irresponsibility - (heading off on ski trips)
    4. Death-defying behaviour - (11 x 3 sets of press ups)
    5. Exercise frenzy - (Connemarathon anyone?)
    6. Excessive reminiscing - (going on about how cool the homo-erotic changing room scenes in Top Gun were)

Ha Ha:D

Longest run this evening since DCM.....13.2 MILES @ 9:37 pace. Felt quite tired before I headed out but started at 9:22 pace and was ok til about 9 miles where I hit my all too often flat spot. My pace slowed and I thought my legs were going to cramp up as per DCM at about 11 miles and my pace had slowed to make sure I kept running...I stepped it up for the last 1km and actually came home feeling quite strong but now I'm feeling quite stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Longest run this evening since DCM.....13.2 MILES @ 9:37 pace. Felt quite tired before I headed out but started at 9:22 pace and was ok til about 9 miles where I hit my all too often flat spot. My pace slowed and I thought my legs were going to cramp up as per DCM at about 11 miles and my pace had slowed to make sure I kept running...I stepped it up for the last 1km and actually came home feeling quite strong but now I'm feeling quite stiff.

Well done horse! Connemarathon will shake those ghosts off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Digger, you round Sunday for the group run til we sing you happy birthday?

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    Digger, you round Sunday for the group run til we sing you happy birthday?

Sunday is not good for me...Big brekkie with the kids and handing out the Newspaper supplements as we relax afterwards......:)

Saturday is much better for me as is an early start!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'm doing the Aware 10k so Saturday is out for me for the group run. We'll catch ya maybe next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on the run yesterday, great going! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

:D Yay, you finally started a log...deadly, this should be quite entertaining to say the least. I can see Mr.Slow appearing on here alot to keep things in check;)

Good for you with all the plans, i wish i had some on my log (as she leaves to try and FORCE herself to salvage her now old, decaying log...:()

JEmily wrote: »
    :D Yay, you finally started a log...deadly, this should be quite entertaining to say the least. I can see Mr.Slow appearing on here alot to keep things in check;)

Good for you with all the plans, i wish i had some on my log (as she leaves to try and FORCE herself to salvage her now old, decaying log...:()

Welcome back Boss!

• Advertisement

Well, look who's back in town.....Now don't start off on the wrong note by talking about your old decaying log :eek: What's the story with you....Have you been running?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Well, look who's back in town.....Now don't start off on the wrong note by talking about your old decaying log :eek: What's the story with you....Have you been running?

Yep, a bit here and there. Only 6/7/8 milers. Nothing too hectic, just keeping me fitish. Other than that horse-riding, hiking (during the snow) and now recently took up rock climbing and i love it.

Want to get back into some sort of routine for the running. Plan on getting back into peak fitness but not sure what races yet. Definitely plan on doing DCM again this year (i must be mad) but nothing else planned yet.

How about you?

Yep, a bit here and there. Only 6/7/8 milers. Nothing too hectic, just keeping me fitish. Other than that horse-riding, hiking (during the snow) and now recently took up rock climbing and i love it.

Want to get back into some sort of routine for the running. Plan on getting back into peak fitness but not sure what races yet. Definitely plan on doing DCM again this year (i must be mad) but nothing else planned yet.

How about you?

See you at the Raheny 5 mile?

How about you?

Well, I was just ticking over between DCM and early December but I upped my mileage since and although I'm not yet running to any particular plan I must be averaging 25 miles per week. I may run the Connemara Marathon in April and longer term is to also do Berlin!

So, following on from my longest run since the DCM on Wednesday of 13.2 miles, I headed out and did a short run of 3.12 at 7:52 pace which is the fastest I've run since the Rathfarnham 5k! I really do need to warm up prior to doing these quicker runs though as I was struggling a bit at about 3/4's of a mile.....By the completion of mile 2 I was fine and could have run at that pace for considerably longer than 3 miles.

Was quite happy with myself until I checked my DCM training chart and saw I ran the half in 7:59 x 13 of the freakin things :eek: Anyway, heading back in the right direction.....

Got special Sunday dispensation from my girls to run the first of the IMRA Winter League races in Howth on Sunday so that should be interesting....It's something I had as a general goal this year....If anyone else is doing the race on Sunday and wants a lift/car pool and lives in my direction let me know!?

Lastly, it's official, I'm off skiing on Feb 5th with the lads:D:D, I haven't booked it yet as I'm keeping an amateur weatherman eye on things over the alps as it's rainy and warm most places......Typical, we got hammered with snow and the alps are suffering with rain and unseasonally high temperatures!:(

Was quite happy with myself until I checked my DCM training chart and saw I ran the half in 7:59 x 13 of the freakin things :eek:

At the risk of being pedantic, did you not finish the half?

Maybe if you'd slowed down a bit you'd have had enough left to get across the line.:D Live and learn eh?

At the risk of being pedantic, did you not finish the half?

Maybe if you'd slowed down a bit you'd have had enough left to get across the line.:D Live and learn eh?

Yeh I did, I ran it in 1:45........The point I was making was I was surprised that I'd managed to put 13 of them together at that time.

So, headed out at 10.30 this morning in the crazy wind....I ran my usual 4:64 mile loop at 9:10 pace! When I turned at Morton's to head back up the Firhouse Rd it was as if someone had their hands pressing against my shoulders, mad windy Ted!

Hope the Waterford half was in better weather and all went well for everyone :)

So, tomorrow morning I run my first IMRA race....My plan is to take things reasonably easy and get the feel for the whole thing as opposed to scrambling down a stoney hill and falling on my boney a55 ;) Will report back during Sunday.

Yeh I did, I ran it in 1:45........The point I was making was I was surprised that I'd managed to put 13 of them together at that time.

I know dude! :D

So, whilst you guys were all down in Waterford setting PB's I ran my first IMRA race this morning in Howth.....And MY report is that it was fantastic and I would recommend to all of you......Jebas, there were some tough hills and one savage one that eventually wound it's way up to the mast at Howth head for any of you that know the area....I guess I only lost 4/5 places on the uphill bits altogether and made at least that back up on the flat in the last 1k. I forgot to stop my Garmin so will have to wait for the results online.....

Only downside to this morning was seeing the aftermath of a horse and rider being involved in a collision with a car, rider was fine but shocked, the horse, an absolutely beautiful big powerful grey had a leg injury and I could see a shard of bone on the ground and a bad wound so I fear the worst :(

Anyway, weekly mileage was 29:61

MTD 75:28

• Advertisement

LSR next Saturday? 10 am?

LSR next Saturday? 10 am?

I'm afraid not....Me and my filthy mucky Salomon's have a date that day...Next of the IMRA Winter League races and I have to do 3/5 races and will miss the third one as I'll be off skiing....:D How did you and the hot girlz get on today?

I'm afraid not....Me and my filthy mucky Salomon's have a date that day...Next of the IMRA Winter League races and I have to do 3/5 races and will miss the third one as I'll be off skiing....:D How did you and the hot girlz get on today?

You mean Meno and Chinguetti?

You mean Meno and Chinguetti?

Nah, if I was referring to them I'd have said ''The Cheeky Girls'' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

great running digger, hill running is brilliant fun - are you thinking of doing one of those mud races http://www.mudrun.ie/

showit wrote: »
    great running digger, hill running is brilliant fun - are you thinking of doing one of those mud races http://www.mudrun.ie/

No, but I hear it's very good for your complexion ;) Well, how's your couch to going? Did you get out on the bike??

So, in order to keep up the mileage (although I was carrying two slightly sore feet from running on the different terrain yesterday) I headed out this evening and did 6.69 miles at 9:22 pace.

I'm running the second of the IMRA winter league races this coming Saturday at Ticknock (Registration at Taylors Grange pub between 9.20 and 10.30....Race at 11) it's 10.2 k with a good degree of elevation.......So, if any of you around my way are interested I'll do the driving.....:)

So, in order to keep up the mileage (although I was carrying two slightly sore feet from running on the different terrain yesterday) I headed out this evening and did 6.69 miles at 9:22 pace.

I'm running the second of the IMRA winter league races this coming Saturday at Ticknock (Registration at Taylors Grange pub between 9.20 and 10.30....Race at 11) it's 10.2 k with a good degree of elevation.......So, if any of you around my way are interested I'll do the driving.....:)

Digger goes off road! Did you get the runners with the 4x4 option?

Digger goes off road! Did you get the runners with the 4x4 option?

AWD.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

No, but I hear it's very good for your complexion ;) Well, how's your couch to going? Did you get out on the bike??

thanks for asking - im up to 1mile ( without stopping )

Advertisement