Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

You slackers in Sportsworld must have got up very late - we were there until 10am and no sign of you:rolleyes:
    And that is why your "join our club for instant improvement" poster girl is going to lose to our "join our club for instant improvement" poster girl :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

RayCun wrote: »
    You slackers in Sportsworld must have got up very late - we were there until 10am and no sign of you:rolleyes:
    And that is why your "join our club for instant improvement" poster girl is going to lose to our "join our club for instant improvement" poster girl :cool:

Haha, if the last smack down our poster girls is anything to go by then your poster girl will pull out after 1/8 of the race ;)

It's on
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNAGYxapfdKsvQ_n7B1B2VIRLJUx_LWvqEaNpC3P0YR5lrfyy_ew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Belated well done on Berlin Digger (and also to CL)! Great runs by you both.
    I figured there was a bit of sandbagging going on with the 3:30 target ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Really looking forward to these races over the Winter, looks like they're pinning their Novice hopes on their new "join our club for instant improvement" poster girl CL.
    ...for one race anyway, after 1 race she will no longer be eligible for the novice if I read the rules right :)

• Advertisement

...for one race anyway, after 1 race she will no longer be eligible for the novice if I read the rules right :)

It looks like she's re-writing the rules as she goes along anyway ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nah only if she medals individually or as a team at novice level or higher. If you never medal you can run it every year.

Nah only if she medals individually or as a team at novice level or higher. If you never medal you can run it every year.

In fairness to him it's tough to get detail correct when you spend your evenings jumping off the top of the wardrobe ;):D

Monday - Easy 4 miles... No Garmin... Mental I am ;).... Pretty much 8:30's I think.... Legs a little dodgy after pushing it a bit at the cross country training, must use more discipline

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Your all a bit slow, I was hinting that she would medal in the first novice race she runs and therefore not get to run in another one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Your all a bit slow, I was hinting that she would medal in the first novice race she runs and therefore not get to run in another one :)

I got ya on that Vagga! ;)

Digs: I see the title has changed but what is the next couple of major goals?
    Another Marathon and any plans for ultras again in the Spring?
    Sure the 50km is just a stroll for you these days!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You did steal something. Poor CL's eyesight and common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

don't forget sense of smell and ability to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

belcarra wrote: »
    Digs: I see the title has changed

Did you move to the Northside Digger? :rolleyes:

TRR wrote: »
    don't forget sense of smell and ability to hear :)

I think it's fair to say that since CL met me she's developed the ability to sense a whole load of new smells :D

belcarra wrote: »

Digs: I see the title has changed but what is the next couple of major goals?
    Another Marathon and any plans for ultras again in the Spring?
    Sure the 50km is just a stroll for you these days!

My plan this evening is to answer those exact questions... Now, if only I could figure out how to do one of those tables or at least copy and paste someone elses....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I thought you stole her heart. ;)

Ok, don't know how to draw a table so I'll list the details below and try and put some table manners (get it) on it later ;)

Basically my plan over the next 12 months is to continue setting PB's. I'm still improving and with the help of God aka TRR and the club sessions etc. I intend to continue doing so. Some of my goals are a stretch, others maybe not so and some need to be filled in after further consideration (the shorter distances) as I've no idea but really like the thoughts of seeing how fast I can go in these...

Distance Current PB Target
    100 Metre n/a ?
    200 Metre n/a ?
    400 Metre n/a ?
    800 Metre n/a ?
    1 Mile Will have to check ?
    5k 18:47 sub 18
    5 Mile 34:06 sub 31
    10k n/a sub 39
    10 Mile 75:32 sub 68
    HM 90:28 sub 89
    Marathon 3:20:48 sub 3:10

There's no real science to this and onlt a little math so we shall see how they go.

Planned races at this stage are XC Novice \ DCM pacing \ Raheny 5 Mile-racing \ Donadea 50k-training slow run \ Boston Marathon-racing.

Ah balls, I tried to edit something and made a bigger boll1x of the 'table' than I already had :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

You've never run a 10K?

• Advertisement

Distance|Current PB|Target
    100m|n/a|?
    200m|n/a|?
    400m|n/a|?
    800m|n/a|?
    Mile|Will have to check|?
    5k|18:47|sub 18
    5 mile|34:06|sub 31
    10k|n/a|sub39
    10 mile|75:32|sub 68
    HM|90:28|sub 89
    Marathon|3:20:48|sub 3:10

pistol_75 wrote: »
    You've never run a 10K?

No, I ran what was meant to be a 10k but turned out to be an 8.9k :confused:

Distance|Current PB|Target
    100m|n/a|?
    200m|n/a|?
    400m|n/a|?
    800m|n/a|?
    5k|18:47|sub 18
    5 mile|34:06|sub 31
    10k|n/a|sub39
    10 mile|75:32|sub 68
    HM|90:28|sub 89
    Marathon|3:20:48|sub 3:10

Thanks Ray... You've got my vote for mod ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Distance|Current PB|Target|Brianderunners Odds
    100m|n/a|?
    200m|n/a|?
    400m|n/a|?
    800m|n/a|?
    5k|18:47|sub 18|2/1
    5 mile|34:06|sub 31|5/4
    10k|n/a|sub39|4/6
    10 mile|75:32|sub 68|1/5
    HM|90:28|sub 89|1/10
    Marathon|3:20:48|sub 3:10|6/4

Thanks Ray... You've got my vote for mod ;)

There you go :D

There you go :D

Haha, brilliant :D

Tuesday - Skipped club as I was hungry for Striploin and didn't want to wait, 4 mile sort of progression run, 7:56, 7:13, 7:12, 6:57

Wednesday - 4 miles easy - average pace 8:18

Starting to feel it in the legs after the fast enough XC session on Saturday and the progression run on Tuesday, especially seeing as they are all meant to be berlin recovery runs. Will ease off now until the XC Novice race this coming Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

digger2d2 wrote: »
    No, I ran what was meant to be a 10k but turned out to be an 8.9k :confused:

Oh, I hate that :mad:

Good job in Berlin btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Nice work in Berlin Digger. Impressive work despite the little bit of sandbagging that was going on here before you left. All the attention and pressure was on the other two which probably helped. Two PBs in one week is not to be sniffed at!

BTH wrote: »
    Nice work in Berlin Digger. Impressive work despite the little bit of sandbagging that was going on here before you left. All the attention and pressure was on the other two which probably helped. Two PBs in one week is not to be sniffed at!

Cheers, that's true :D How are you getting on?

• Advertisement

Thursday - Recovery run, 5.3 miles at about 8.55 pace. Did this with CL who fupped off every now and again to do fartlek and then trotted back to me. I showed remarkable discipline not to join her.

Tough, stressful week in work, have spent way too long crouched over the laptop so looking forward to a leisurely start to tomorrow morning. A nice breakfast followed by a trip to watch the Donadea 10k and then a couple of hours in Starbucks sounds like a good start to the day :)

Advertisement