Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Friday - Rest, Guinness

Is that not Cross? :pac:

It is in my rule book anyway!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

A lazy end to last week, was at the Leinster XC most of the day on Sunday and due to other committments later I didn't get a chance to run.

Monday - Work/family committments again meant I couldn't squeeze a run in.

Not worried at all about missing both days, I'm now incorporating three faster days into my week (one including God awful XC training) and it usually takes me a little longer to recover from the faster stuff so the two days of rest will likely benefit me. Club session tonight....

Tuesday - Club session - 2 mile w/up, 3 x .9 mile loops with 90 second recovery - 1 mile w/down. First part of this loop was downhill, then mainly flat and finally a 250m climb to the finish. times for the loops were as follows.... 5.30, 5.40, 5.35. Hamstrings really feeling it afterwards, nice easy session tonight and then some 600's, 400's and 200's on Thursday night.

Thursday - Headed out with CL to do as follows... 3 X 600m/400m/200m with 90 seconds between reps and 4 mins between sets. Times as follows...
    124/80/34
    124/77/34
    123/75/34

Throat was dry as a bone on the second set and developed a pretty bad headache, something I'd rarely suffer from.... Need to drink more water in general!

Friday - Rest

Saturday - Easy 3 miles at 9:08 pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thursday - Headed out with CL to do as follows... 3 X 600m/400m/200m with 90 seconds between reps and 4 mins between sets. Times as follows...
    124/80/34
    124/77/34
    123/75/34

God I'd almost forgotten about that 'a5s handed on plate' session...bleurgh!

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »

God I'd almost forgotten about that 'a5s handed on plate' session...bleurgh!

Yep, needed a serving plate too ;)

Tuesday - Club Session - 8 sets of hills and sprints.. Did this with the top group and was absolutely bollixed after it.

Wednesday - Rest, Guinness, popcorn and Champions League :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Wednesday - Rest, Guinness, popcorn and Champions League :D

Is Cecilia Ahern working away?

Thursday - Club session - 2 mile w/up and then 3 x 2 mile laps with minute on/ minute off. 1 mile w/down. Felt pretty strong during this session.

Friday - Rest, Guinness and too much popcorn.

Saturday - CL was doing the Parkrun 5k so I decided to do it too as a training run. Clearly not the best preparation on the Friday night and as we were unsure as to where the start was etc. we didn't really get a suitable w/up. CL wore a watch but didn't look at it so I pretty much kept the pace just under CL's pb. With 1km to go she felt strong and was duly sent on to finish in 19.40, a 17 second pb and the first lady finisher, next time she'll break the course record if it still stands at 19.26 :);)

I finished comfortably in 19.48, funny to think how hard it was to run sub 20 initially and here I am rocking up with a hangover and a belly full of popcorn and easing to a sub 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Thursday - Club session - 2 mile w/up and then 3 x 2 mile laps with minute on/ minute off. 1 mile w/down. Felt pretty strong during this session.

Saturday - CL was doing the Parkrun 5k so I decided to do it too as a training run. Clearly not the best preparation on the Friday night and as we were unsure as to where the start was etc. we didn't really get a suitable w/up. CL wore a watch but didn't look at it so I pretty much kept the pace just under CL's pb. With 1km to go she felt strong and was duly sent on to finish in 19.40, a 17 second pb and the first lady finisher, next time she'll break the course record if it still stands at 19.26 :);)

I finished comfortably in 19.48, funny to think how hard it was to run sub 20 initially and here I am rocking up with a hangover and a belly full of popcorn and easing to a sub 20.

You forgot to mention how good the guns looked as you crossed the line:)
    I'd imagine the only reason CL didn't break the course record this time is that she was distracted by Officer Dignam and his guns:rolleyes:

(Am I forgiven for not mentioning your guns in my last race report? In reality it was the thoughts of your guns that kept me going throughout the race;))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TLDR; Digger got chicked :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

menoscemo wrote: »
    TLDR; Digger got chicked again :p

FYP

Marthastew wrote: »
    [/B]

You forgot to mention how good the guns looked as you crossed the line:)
    I'd imagine the only reason CL didn't break the course record this time is that she was distracted by Officer Dignam and his guns:rolleyes:

(Am I forgiven for not mentioning your guns in my last race report? In reality it was the thoughts of your guns that kept me going throughout the race;))

Haha, duly forgiven ;)

TLDR; Digger got chicked :p

Don't know what TLDR means but I hope you've had since some decent sessions since you got your ar5e fixed or you'll be looking at CL's ar5e disappear into the distance next week! ;)

Don't know what TLDR means

Get with the times old man.
    They have this invention nowadays, it's called google ;)

Get with the times old man.
    They have this invention nowadays, it's called google ;)

foync.... I'm still trying to figure out how they get the files into the computer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

foync.... I'm still trying to figure out how they get the files into the computer ;)

ha ha, that gave me a little chuckle to myself and i didn't need to google it!!!!! (Sorry Meno)

Younganne wrote: »
    ha ha, that gave me a little chuckle to myself and i didn't need to google it!!!!! (Sorry Meno)

Showing good investigative skills there ;):D

Younganne wrote: »
    i didn't need to google it!!!!! (Sorry Meno)

Either did I :mad:
    @ Digger: foyoc ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Things are getting hostile here. Where's Brian with the odds?

• Advertisement

I'm an m45c :D

Would love to start this post all marthastew..."Well, following a 90 minute Bikram session and a 45 minute extreme body pumping classs, I met a friend for a Mocha Choca Frappucino and toasted fruit bed followed by a dip in the 40 Foot with dolphins"... Instead it's a bit more Racoon Queen... "Sunday afternoon my eye was sore and by Monday morning I had two small styes on my eye lid and two big boil-like spots between my eyes" :D;)...

In fact, I looked a little bit like Woogie from Something About Mary....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoq_uzQVRqa5be8Lv97kJ7mgLkw5lCKc4I2QFRJqv-5GhYBeDXMKyWiQ

Anyway, having been given the news that I'm run down I took Monday off.

Tuesday - 6 x 400 reps with 90 second recovery. Was meant to do 8 x but was just too bollixed. Times were 5 x 76 seconds and 1 x 79 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Never mind the boils and styes, how are the guns Officer? Tell me the guns aren't affected by this malaise:)

And if you're run down should you really be doing a session young man? Would you not be better off taking a few days off?
    this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm taking a break

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

And if you're run down should you really be doing a session young man? Would you not be better off taking a few days off?
    this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm taking a break

There's nothing like subliminal suggestion followed by reverse psychology to try and get someone to do as you do to reduce the guilt of idleness :cool:

Never mind the boils and styes, how are the guns Officer? Tell me the guns aren't affected by this malaise:)

[SIZE="1"]this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm taking a break[/SIZE]

Well, I took yesterday off as well if that's any good teacher ;) The guns feel good, damn it, they still look good!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Cheeky bollocks

Cheeky bollocks

Like yourself, a short and sweet reply ;)

Thursday - Reluctantly I went out for a short session yesterday, 1 mile warm up/ 1 mile warm down and 2 x 300,200,150.... Times were 54,32,24 - 54,32,25. Hamstrings were tight and low energy levels. Not sure what to do re; Jingle Bells, I might have to do it just as a decent training run as trying to push for a PB whilst I'm run down might set me back a bit.

Friday - Got an easy few miles in, 3 @ 8.30 pace with 6 sets of strides at the end. Left hamstring not great, not near as bad as CL or TRR's respective foot injuries, nothing career threatening as they were but not looking good for Jingle Bells.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Friday - Got an easy few miles in, 3 @ 8.30 pace with 6 sets of strides at the end. Left hamstring not great, not near as bad as CL or TRR's respective foot injuries, nothing career threatening as they were but not looking good for Jingle Bells.

At least mine was a real injury

Advertisement