Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

TRR wrote: »
    At least mine was a real injury

Haha - He's getting the excuses in early for another sandbagging attempt tomorrow. I heard Meno is running with wing mirrors ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Haha - He's getting the excuses in early for another sandbagging attempt tomorrow. I heard Meno is running with wing mirrors ;)

Oh no digger is fecked, age, rockstar lifestyle and STDs have caught up with him. His moth on the other hand has phantom injuries.

Anyway meno might be better served looking forward than behind him ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Friday - Got an easy few miles in, 3 @ 8.30 pace with 6 sets of strides at the end. Left hamstring not great, not near as bad as CL or TRR's respective foot injuries, nothing career threatening as they were but not looking good for Jingle Bells.

So not even on the same scale as her brain and eyesight injuries then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yeah, you are right. I have a few clubmates I want to hang on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Start at the back Digs, mess with their heads and ease by then while asking how they are and ask them if they're going for tea and cake later. People do love that from what i've been told.

• Advertisement

Well, that didn't work out too well for your Protegés ;)
    They were so far behind I thought they must have stopped to wait for a bus :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Well, that didn't work out too well for your Protegés ;)
    They were so far behind I thought they must have stopped to wait for a bus :pac:

Not a bad day for them really digger ran a training run well under 20 minutes run down with a belly full of porter. Today wasn't a day to run his PB so didn't risk it, am I right in still thinking he has run faster than you?

CL ran a 10 second PB and has already banked a sub 3.10 marathon this year ;) with the view to running faster than you next April :) Not the worst day fir the two twits.

Not a bad day for them really digger ran a training run well under 20 minutes run down with a belly full of porter. Today wasn't a day to run his PB so didn't risk it, am I right in still thinking he has run faster than you?

CL ran a 10 second PB and has already banked a sub 3.10 marathon this year ;) with the view to running faster than you next April :) Not the worst day fir the two twits.

I won't be racing next April cos I don't want to lay it on the line only for Brian to get the credit.
    We'll have to wait till June to see my Marathon time.

P.S. A belly full of porter is hardly an excuse for Digger, he has one of those more often than not ;)

P.P.S. I was getting called out early in the week, now the excuses are flowing :D I have plenty of excuses myself I just don't have to use them because your boys took a hell of a beating :pac:

Ah no fair play to you, ye beat them fair and square. I'll just have to make sure they set you a decent marathon target for June so :) think about it both of them could have eclipsed you marathOn time come the middle of April. That has to be in the back of your mind :) for anyone reading this I'd like to point out myself and meno compete for the same club while the twits run for a rival club, I think I need to get my priorities right :)

think about it both of them could have eclipsed you marathOn time come the middle of April. That has to be in the back of your mind :)

Well if that happens, I might have to revise my target for London just to stop digger gloating.
    In fairness I told Brian I'd go sub 3:10 anyway to keep his GFA open for next year. Hopefully the sub 3 will come in the summer (thinking Portumna).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

At least mine was a real injury

True

Saturday - Jingle Bells 5k - This had originally been a goal race but a combination of factors had me pretty run down and at best the plan was to trot around as a training run. We'd been invited to a prizegiving at the sailing club on the Friday night and I took the opportunity to enjoy the gorgeous food and drink on offer, Guinness, red wine and port, what a pre-race combination ;)

Saturday morning, myself and CL arrived in the park and I didn't even want to bother doing a warm up such was my malaise. Really was 50/50 as to whether I'd even bother running with 30 mins to the gun.

Anyway, gave myself a kick in the h0le and lined up at the start. The quickly concocted plan was to do nip in just under 20 mins. Headed off okay but up Chesterfield Avenue I just didn't have it mentally and found my average pace dropping to 4:02 and then 4:03. Turned the corner, literally, off Chesterfield Avenue and upped my effort. I ended up feeling strong enough and passed quite a lot of runners in the last 2.5k, crossing the line in 19:36.

Pretty straight forward run and recovery was instant but I'm just not feeling the love for running at the moment :(

Monday - 6 miles easy, no Garmin.

Sunday - Jingle Bells 5k - This had originally been a goal race but a combination of factors had me pretty run down and at best the plan was to trot around as a training run. We'd been invited to a prizegiving at the sailing club on the Saturday night and I took the opportunity to enjoy the gorgeous food and drink on offer, Guinness, red wine and port, what a pre-race combination ;)

Sunday morning, myself and CL arrived in the park and I didn't even want to bother doing a warm up such was my malaise. Really was 50/50 as to whether I'd even bother running with 30 mins to the gun.

Anyway, gave myself a kick in the h0le and lined up at the start. The quickly concocted plan was to do nip in just under 20 mins. Headed off okay but up Chesterfield Avenue I just didn't have it mentally and found my average pace dropping to 4:02 and then 4:03. Turned the corner, literally, off Chesterfield Avenue and upped my effort. I ended up feeling strong enough and passed quite a lot of runners in the last 2.5k, crossing the line in 19:36.

Pretty straight forward run and recovery was instant but I'm just not feeling the love for running at the moment :(

Monday - 6 miles easy, no Garmin.

You are rally losing the plot these days man.

What day was Jingle bells again?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Really was 50/50 as to whether I'd even bother running with 30 mins to the gun.
    plan was to do nip in just under 20 mins.
    crossing the line in 19:36.

Oh look at you all relaxed and casual with your 19:36 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ummm Jingle Bells was on Saturday.

Edit: Ha, you know you're an idiot when 3 people post on your log at the exact same time. :D

You are rally losing the plot these days man.

What day was Jingle bells again?? ;)
    Ummm Jingle Bells was on Saturday.

Edit: Ha, you know you're an idiot when 3 people post on your log at the exact same time. :D

Jaysus, I am run down ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh look at you all relaxed and casual with your 19:36 :rolleyes:

Yeh, well, not all of us need a wheelchair when we cross a finish line ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

slackers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Like I've told you before..... you need some new material! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

**Note to self ---- To go sub 20, Drink lots of wine & beer the night before and skip the warm up ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

The sailing club no less ;)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    The sailing club no less ;)

One must do what one must do...... ;)

Aimman wrote: »
    **Note to self ---- To go sub 20, Drink lots of wine & beer the night before and skip the warm up ****

Well, it's worked for Meno, so I thought, do as your hero does ;)

Tuesday - 1 mile w/up and w/down - 6 X 400m with 90 second recovery .... Times between 75 and 82 secs.

Wednesday - 3 miles at 7.19 pace, cold and slippy! - Have a hot date in town so got home early, brisk run, shower and then off to meet the hen for some festive cheer ;)

Thursday - I ran can't remember what I did though and couldn't be arsed looking at the Garmin.

Friday - I did nothing as I was planning to do the Park Run 5k on the Saturday morning, that didn't happen though and took the opportunity of lazy Saturday morning. A late change of plans on Saturday night meant I couldn't go to Spag Bols 40th, ended up back in the house at 10'ish so we put the Christmas tree and decorations up and had a few nice beers.

Sunday - Woke up and thought "I'll do the BHAA XC".... Went up early and registered, came home for an hour and went back up. Had a good warm up but the calfs were a bit tight. Saw some clubmates and jcsmum and got myself close enough to the front at the start line. As per usual there was no real plan other than this was a training run. Off we went quite fast and as we were turning up at the top of the course on the first lap, where the worst of the mud was, my legs started to go on me and on checking my watch I was at sub 18 min 5k pace :eek:

The following 2.5 laps really were a bit of a struggle really. I sometimes find it hard to push myself if there's no real goal and this was very much the case here. There was no PB to aim at, no placings (it made no real difference if I was 51st or 71st), no fellow competitor that I was on a smack-down with:D

The last part of lap 2 saw me passed by at least 10 runners but I just didn't have it in me to dig in. The only good thing about the race was the kick I had at the finish and that was only because I saw the opportunity to gain 3/4 places. The speed I had in the last 50 metres left me thinking if I had been taking it too easy during the race. That said, my legs were tired and lacticky afterwards.... I finished in 20.44.....Anyway, I'm looking forward to get backing to some structure for Donadea and then Boston.

Monday - 4.5 miles at an easy 8:53... This is possibly the first run in ages that I enjoyed. I'm not at all like CL or Marthastew, who just seem to love, love, love running. There are times when I just really don't have any desire to run at all.

Finally - What a morning on Sunday for Fionnula Britton and the rest of the girls in the European XC in Budapest... Fantastic stuff....:D

Seems you may be to gets your own smackdown in order. Now I know you basically own meno's ass already with you having a faster 5k PB than his and your wan having a better marathon pb but maybe you should let him have a shot at the title. He is a bit of a laughing stock down in tallaght if I'm honest. He was goldencoupleballed this year and should be given the chance of redemption. Raheny 5 mile, Msb5k and respective marathons. I think it's on

Seems you may be to gets your own smackdown in order. Now I know you basically own meno's ass already with you having a faster 5k PB than his and your wan having a better marathon pb but maybe you should let him have a shot at the title. He is a bit of a laughing stock down in tallaght if I'm honest. He was goldencoupleballed this year and should be given the chance of redemption. Raheny 5 mile, Msb5k and respective marathons. I think it's on

Haha, sure I only beat the two of them last week :)
    I have already challenged digger to the Tom Brennan 5k but he chickened out. I can't do Raheny, but I reckon 5 mile would be too far for him so there is not much point anyway :p

Haha, sure I only beat the two of them last week :)

Ah that didn't count (I like to move the goal posts as I see fit :)). CL was sitting on your shoulder until her foot went, she was ready to pounce and unleash her new killer kick. Digger was on the caviar and champagne the night before and with his rock 'n' roll lifestyle a 5k on new years day just won't happen. MSB 5k should be the designated showdown.

Are you going to this club party on Saturday?

• Advertisement

Ah that didn't count (I like to move the goal posts as I see fit :)). CL was sitting on your shoulder until her foot went, she was ready to pounce and unleash her new killer kick. Digger was on the caviar and champagne the night before and with his rock 'n' roll lifestyle a 5k on new years day just won't happen. MSB 5k should be the designated showdown.

Are you going to this club party on Saturday?

Yep, and MSB is fine with me, though I would also be delighted to give him another whooping at Donadea 50k, Bohermeen Half and more.

The way you talk you would think he regularly beats me or something :rolleyes:

Advertisement