Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    The way you talk you would think he regularly beats me or something :rolleyes:

Did you hear that Digger, he's goading ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »
    Did you hear that Digger, he's goading ye.

I believe the grand total of his victories is 1 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    I believe the grand total of his victories is 1 ;)

We are counting your Berlin DNF as a victory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »

We are counting your Berlin DNF as a victory :)
    In that case, I beat Haile in 2011 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Right, following on from that "Boys will be boys" exchange between TRR and Six Counties I'll resume with what my log was intended for ;)

Monday - Easy - 4.5 miles at 8:52 pace... This felt good but the legs tied up a bit toward the end.

Tuesday - Progression - 4.5 miles in total - Mile 1 @ 8:27, Mile 2 @ 7:48, Mile 3 @ 7:25 followed by 1.5 mile w/down @ 8:14. Similar pattern to Tuesday, it all felt really good but legs tied up toward the second part of the w/down.

I think it's fair to say that the XC really does take it out of your legs, that was my second one last Sunday. I'm sure wearing the spikes is a factor but the minute bits of twisting/turning/re-adjusting etc. must be using muscles/tendons in slightly new and different ways. Well, at least I hope that's it, otherwise it's "Pass the Zimmer Frame MarthaStew"!! :D

• Advertisement

Wednesday - 10 miles easy - 10 @ 8:34. Did 5 on my own and was joined by Meno for the second 5. Afaik this was my first double digit run since DCM.

Lazy end to last week. Again had half planned to do the parkrun on Saturday but instead opted for a three miler on my own.... Mile 1 at 7.28, 2 at 6:50 and 3 at 6:43 with a .5 mile w/down.

Week beginning 17/12/12 - Start of more structured longer stuff, time to get hard edges again :)

Monday - 5-6 Easy - 6 miles at 7:57. I really enjoyed this run but am looking forward to getting my usual running partner off the treatment table and back on the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this run but am looking forward to getting my usual running partner off the treatment table and back on the roads!

Be careful what you wish for!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Lazy end to last week. Again had half planned to do the parkrun on Saturday but instead opted for a three miler on my own.... Mile 1 at 7.28, 2 at 6:50 and 3 at 6:43 with a .5 mile w/down.

Week beginning 17/12/12 - Start of more structured longer stuff, time to get hard edges again :)

Monday - 5-6 Easy - 6 miles at 7:57. I really enjoyed this run but am looking forward to getting my usual running partner off the treatment table and back on the roads!

The treatment table is looking forward to getting rid of your usual running partner and watching her get her party season rear end back on the roads :)

I look forward to you dragging me around some runs for a while... for a change ;)

blockic wrote: »

Be careful what you wish for!;)

Jaysus where's all the high fiving love gone now?! Fair weather supporters if ever i saw it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Digs - What time are you looking at for Donadea?
    Will you be using it as a training run or will you be putting a bit of effort in?
    We had a good group last year running around the 4h45m pace for the majority of the race last year and with the improvements across the board I'd be expecting that group time would be between sub 4 (CL, Meno and VaderMLK possibly) and sub 4:20 (probably myself and hopefully a bunch of others!).
    I suppose I should migrate this to the Donadea thread really...

belcarra wrote: »
    Digs - What time are you looking at for Donadea?
    Will you be using it as a training run or will you be putting a bit of effort in?
    We had a good group last year running around the 4h45m pace for the majority of the race last year and with the improvements across the board I'd be expecting that group time would be between sub 4 (CL, Meno and VaderMLK possibly) and sub 4:20 (probably myself and hopefully a bunch of others!).
    I suppose I should migrate this to the Donadea thread really...

I haven't given it much thought John but it will likely be only a training run... Maybe something like.... Heads off to do a mile to km conversion.... 4:30! That said, if there's a group going at 4:20 I'd be happy to tag along.

I haven't given it much thought John but it will likely be only a training run... Maybe something like.... Heads off to do a mile to km conversion.... 4:30! That said, if there's a group going at 4:20 I'd be happy to tag along.

I was am wary of km pace vs race time nomenclature...so when you say 4:30 do you mean 4mins30secs/km or 4h30m to complete the race??
    I meant 4h20m to complete the race and therefore 5mins12secs/km (or just over 8mins20secs/mile for the older generation!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I was am wary of km pace vs race time nomenclature...so when you say 4:30 do you mean 4mins30secs/km or 4h30m to complete the race??
    I meant 4h20m to complete the race and therefore 5mins12secs/km (or just over 8mins20secs/mile for the older generation!)...[/QUOTE]

Have some manners young man:D

Mr Stew and I are also signed up, belcarra how does 4.14.59 (finish time) sound ? That's within our LSR ranges for Spring marathons, although Officer D has probably beeen using this time while his missus is injured to get lots of sneaky super dooper training in so he might not want to join us;)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Mr Stew and I are also signed up, belcarra how does 4.14.59 (finish time) sound ? That's within our LSR ranges for Spring marathons, although Officer D has probably beeen using this time while his missus is injured to get lots of sneaky super dooper training in so he might not want to join us;)

That could be just the trick...possibly!
    I can aim for that time so and revisit closer to the event. I'm planning to race Bohermeen 1/2 in early March and then do Tralee marathon on Paddy's Day as an easy-ish run so don't want to have to take too long recovering from Donadea. On the flip side it would be nice to beat last year's time by a half hour and get a better World Ranking!!

That's it decided so - Digger you are doing sub-4h15m!!

That's it decided so - Digger you are doing sub-4h15m!!

Ok, myself and my guns will go for that so ;)

Tuesday - 1 mile w/up, 1 mile w/down. 8 hill repeats with recovery run between each. I think the place I chose to do these is where Bros Pearse/Knocklyon runners do them.... Not a bad little spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Stocking Lane, running up to and over the bridge over the M50?

RayCun wrote: »
    Stocking Lane, running up to and over the bridge over the M50?

Yep, but my repeats went from the bottom of stocking lane on.the right hand side up to the fence at the top... I didn't go over the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Used to live in Ballyboden a couple years back. I know that beast of a hill pretty well. Never ran up it but it's ideal for hill reps alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yep, but my repeats went from the bottom of stocking lane on.the right hand side up to the fence at the top... I didn't go over the M50.

Slacker

jcsmum wrote: »

Slacker

I was waiting for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I was waiting for that ;)

Ah no, does that mean I'm getting to be as predictable as you? :(

jcsmum wrote: »

Ah no, does that mean I'm getting to be as predictable as you? :(

I hope not, I wanted the monopoly on that and I'm not playing games ;)

Thursday - 5 miles at 8.08 pace - Met up with Meno for this one

Saturday - 11 miles at 8:33, legs absolutely wrecked after this.

I find it more fun to go under it.

Monday - 8 miles @ 7:20

Wednesday - 3 miles @ 7:45, great way to clear the head and collect the car ;)

Thursday - 4 miles at 7.55, this felt rotten, breathing like a cornered nun. I need a few days of H2o rather than booze.

• Advertisement

Saturday - 12 miles at 7.57 - Nice run today. Headed off up to and into the Waterworks, up to the end of the second reservoir and back home.

I had earlier treated myself to a pair of INOV 8's, X Talons. With these bad boys I aim to do a few IMRA races again.

These will fit into the training plan and the undulating nature of those races should help develop the legs better for Boston.

Advertisement