Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Sunday - A little recovery 2 miler with claralara, her first run back from injury after a month out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Sunday - A little recovery 2 miler with claralara, her first run back from injury after a month out!!

:D:D:D

Monday - 6 miles easy - 8.27 pace.

Tuesday - Awoke with a dry mouth and sore head
    ;) Up and out quickly and went into the park with CL to watch the Tom Brennan memorial 5k. Starbucks after that and the rest of the day was spent on the couch, just couldn't find the motivation to get out and do the 4 recovery miles. As a result I have a double up tomorrow.

Wednesday - 8 Miles easy - 8@8:28 - Grade 6.5/10. This felt tougher than it should have been, guess that's down to Christmas food and drink.

Over the last couple of weeks I've felt a little soreness in my right heel that seems to go after a couple of miles. Same again last night but this time it returned at the 6 mile mark with a burning sensation. Heel is sore now on the lateral side.... Some icing to do tonight and new shoes needed as both pairs of Lunar Racers must be at the 500-600 mile mark and they are not renowned for their longevity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Are the lunar racers racing flats? I was just wondering myself the other day how many miles you'd expect to get from a pair of flats. I know the rule of thumb is 500 for training shoes.

Hopefully "the foot" syndrome isn't another thing you've contracted from your moth ;)

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    Are the lunar racers racing flats? I was just wondering myself the other day how many miles you'd expect to get from a pair of flats. I know the rule of thumb is 500 for training shoes.

Hopefully "the foot" syndrome isn't another thing you've contracted from your moth ;)

Well, I wouldn't see them as flats, they have a fair bit of cushioning. Yeh, I don't mind the fact that she gave me Polish Mickey but a foot injury is not acceptable.... Anyway, out to test same in my shiny new I couldn't resist them at €27 Puma Faas 500's.... Later

Thursday - Plan was for a club session but I'm out for a meal at 6.15 so did 4 miles at 7:54 pace, grade 6/10.

Wore the Pumas.... Interesting that they make very little footfall sound, I'm hoping it's because of the midfoot transition and rolling forward. Anyway, too early to say if they are any good but they were certainly easier on the foot niggle. They are probably a half size too big but a pair of twin skins should help with that.

Friday - 4 Miles Easy - 4 @ 8:34 - Grade 6/10

Jebas, this felt awful, breathing quite heavily and perspiring quite a lot. I hope it's due to dehydration, if not, the B12 and Iron issues may have to be addressed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Thursday - Plan was for a club session but I'm out for a meal at 6.15 so did 4 miles at 7:54 pace, grade 6/10.

Wore the Pumas.... Interesting that they make very little footfall sound, I'm hoping it's because of the midfoot transition and rolling forward. Anyway, too early to say if they are any good but they were certainly easier on the foot niggle. They are probably a half size too big but a pair of twin skins should help with that.

That will suit you for your MS stalking! ;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    That will suit you for your MS stalking! ;)

Haha, I swear that wasn't my Zimmer Frame out her back garden!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Nice addition to the log title! :D

Are you planning to race Boston or just run and enjoy it?

blockic wrote: »
    Nice addition to the log title! :D

Are you planning to race Boston or just run and enjoy it?

Feels appropriate at the moment....;)

I'm racing the fook out of Boston.... I'll run them for fun when I get older :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

older

Ahem....

Saturday 12 Mile lsr - 12 @ 8:24, grade 6.5/10. All good for the first 8/9 miles but felt tough for the last few, granted they were into the wind but should have been comfortable.

Monday - 6 Easy - 6 @ 8:25 - Grade 8/10. The only way to sum this run up is that I'm bollixed! Awful, awful run. Heavy breathing, heavy achy legs...Blah, blah, blah...

So, I have a touch of manflu but it's not only that, I went out this evening to buy some more Ferrograd and Dioralyte as I'm feeling run down as I was before when I got the blood tests.

I've been reading some stuff on the logs/threads and other sources about what a 5/6/7 day a week runner eats and what is clear is that I'm 1. Not eating enough 2. Not eating anywhere near the correct stuff... The glass half full view of this is that if I get my act together it should allow me to train better/harder and go faster :D

Tuesday - 4 Mile Recovery - 4 @ 8.30 - Grade 6/10.

This was meant to be 30 seconds a mile slower but I was keen to see how the run compared with the disaster yesterday. Breathing felt a good deal better, the legs were better but still heavy and under powered. The man flu still has me by the nads...

You'd want to see some of the
    snock rockets coming out of my left nostril!
    :eek:

Wednesday - 4 Miles - 3 progression and 1 warm down..Grade 5/10
    1. 8.33
    2. 7.44
    3. 7.20

4. 8.33

Right, despite the snot I dropped on this run, I felt a good deal better :) Was meant to be 9/10 miles tonight and a club session tomorrow but did this tonight instead as I want do a longer night time/mountain run thing with lads from Johnnie Foxes tomorrow.

Thursday - 10 Miles - Trail Run - Circa 9 min pace - Grade 5/10

Met up with a bunch of the nightime trail running lads and did a run from Johnny Foxes. I'd say it was 80% uphill to the point where we turned around (4 miles) and we took a slightly different route back to the car to give us 8.5 miles so I tagged another 1.5 on to round off at the 10. This was a really enjoyable run, interesting terrain, bobbing head torch lights and loads of wonderful fresh air!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You still doing Donadea? Whats the plan for Boston?

You still doing Donadea? Whats the plan for Boston?

Nope, taking the advice I'm given (for once) and concentrating on Boston. Will be at Donadea supporting and having bottles of Lucozade fooked at me like last year :) Plan for Boston is sub 3:10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I'll wait until this becomes a bad habit but I will, at some stage, have to voice my concern about you disappearing off up the mountains in the dark with strange men!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

claralara wrote: »
    I'll wait until this becomes a bad habit but I will, at some stage, have to voice my concern about you disappearing off up the mountains in the dark with strange men!!

We weren't strangers coming back down!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

belcarra wrote: »
    We weren't strangers coming back down!;)

Agreed. And it wasn't like he was taking a spin up there in the back of a van with Nidge and Dardin

Agreed. And it wasn't like he was taking a spin up there in the back of a van with Nidge and Dardin

So, take a chill pill claralara, it's gonna be alreet now so go home, good girl. Meself and Tommy have some runnin' to do ;)

Nope, taking the advice I'm given (for once) and concentrating on Boston.

correction, taking bits of it and disregarding the rest.
    Will be at Donadea supporting and having bottles of Lucozade fooked at me like last year :)

Might head down myself to throw a bottle or two at you :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nope, taking the advice I'm given (for once) and concentrating on Boston. Will be at Donadea supporting and having bottles of Lucozade fooked at me like last year :) Plan for Boston is sub 3:10

Racing was a good excuse to throw things at you. It'll be rocks this year if I run it/get an entry ;)

Edit: besides my maybe marathon is a week after yours, you'll be letting me know what I've to beat :pac:

correction, taking bits of it and disregarding the rest.

Well, if you knew everything you'd be God ;)

Might head down myself to throw a bottle or two at you :)

I heard you fancied your chances at winning the women's race :D

Well, if you knew everything you'd be God ;)

When it comes to you, even God has to close his eyes and filter out some of your daily shenanigans to save himself from psychological damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Racing was a good excuse to throw things at you. It'll be rocks this year if I run it/get an entry ;)
    you usually have to enter to get an entry,,,

• Advertisement

ultraman1 wrote: »
    you usually have to enter to get an entry,,,

ha ha. Reminds me of a girl I went to school with. She couldn't understand why she didn't get an offer from the CAO after her leaving cert even though she never filled in the form :)

Advertisement