Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

any thoughts of a comeback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I havent ran since July. Howzat for misery :rolleyes:

That's what you get for throwing the gob on mono-meno!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »

No, I think Digger is finished. That Manflu is a career ending illlness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

RayCun wrote: »

I have non functional overtraining syndrome aka parasympathetic overtraining (the worst kind where your body shuts down indefinitely). Means i'm out for 6 months - 2 years. It's been 6 months already so here's hoping.

Starting graded exercise therapy this week with the goal of being back by the summer. Been out so long i no longer think of myself as a runner. Scary stuff.
    TRR wrote: »
    That's what you get for throwing the gob on mono-meno!!!!

Nah it wasnt glandular fever at all. Test showed i had it at some point in my life thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I havent ran since July. Howzat for misery :rolleyes:

Well, that shut me up. :o
    What's happening with you? Any sign of running soon?

• Advertisement

I have non functional overtraining syndrome aka parasympathetic overtraining (the worst kind where your body shuts down indefinitely). Means i'm out for 6 months - 2 years. It's been 6 months already so here's hoping.

Starting graded exercise therapy this week with the goal of being back by the summer. Been out so long i no longer think of myself as a runner. Scary stuff.

Nah it wasnt glandular fever at all. Test showed i had it at some point in my life thats all.

I'll take my cough and shuffle away quietly. :o Really sorry to hear that Brian, I had no idea things were so serious with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Starting graded exercise therapy this week with the goal of being back by the summer.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

jcsmum wrote: »
    I'll take my cough and shuffle away quietly. :o Really sorry to hear that Brian, I had no idea things were so serious with you.

Well its not exactly cocktail party conversation. Kept it largely quiet to avoid depressing people. Overall things are improving though which is the important thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I have non functional overtraining syndrome aka parasympathetic overtraining .

I have never heard of it, therefore, like labour pain, it doesn't exist. Man Flu however is REAL ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Brianderunner - Im sure yourself and J are getting in some cross training, keeping yourselves match fit :P

Digger - Should we be getting the mass cards ready? Nothing worse than the dreadded man flu :eek:

• Advertisement

The door opened, just slightly. The winter sun caught the gap and illuminated the hallway and through the dusty rays emerged I. It was 2 degrees and I was in shorts but I hit the Garmin and strode out for my first recovery run since Jesus was a boy!

4 glorious miles at 7.47 pace. Grade 5/10

Legs still fooked - Snot rockets a minor issue now.

Thanks to all of you that prayed for me.

Thanks to Claralara for her perseverance in the kitchen, an area previously unfamiliar to her unless uncorking a bottle of wine.

I'm overcome with emotion, my eyes haven't been like this since Meno farted on Saturday night.

God bless you all :)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    The door opened, just slightly. The winter sun caught the gap and illuminated the hallway and through the dusty rays emerged I. It was 2 degrees and I was in shorts but I hit the Garmin and strode out for my first recovery run since Jesus was a boy!

4 glorious miles at 7.47 pace.

Legs still fooked - Snot rockets a minor issue now.

Thanks to all of you that prayed for me.

Thanks to Claralara for her perseverance in the kitchen, an area previously unfamiliar to her unless uncorking a bottle of wine.

I'm overcome with emotion, my eyes haven't been like this since Meno farted on Saturday night.

God bless you all :)

Praise the Lord!
    (your comeback miles were 7:47 :rolleyes:)

jcsmum wrote: »
    (your comeback miles were 7:47 :rolleyes:)

Hmmm...Depends on your perspective....

dig dig = There was method in my madness!

CL & TRR = There was madness in his method!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

CL = There was madness in his method!

I believe it was more along the lines of "YOU are a DIPSTICK and I do NOT want to discuss with you any FURTHER!!"

claralara wrote: »
    I believe it was more along the lines of "YOU are a DIPSTICK and I do NOT want to discuss with you any FURTHER!!"

Ha ha you will notice I didn't even bother commenting. In fairness to digger he's unpredictable like the Irish weather. You just don't know what mentalness he is going to try next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Ha ha you will notice I didn't even bother commenting. In fairness to digger he's unpredictable like the Irish weather. You just don't know what mentalness he is going to try next.

I just arrived home from work to an empty house and I'm genuinely shuddering at the thought of what he's doing out there!!

I just arrived home from work to an empty house and I'm genuinely shuddering at the thought of what he's doing out there!!

He's either running too far too fast or doing his nightly Jack the ripper recce. Both lead to tears :)

Wednesday - 8 Miles at 8:01 pace, breathing great, legs very tired in the last 2 miles. Grade 6/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Is the rating system gone? You entered Raheny?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Is the rating system gone? You entered Raheny?

Still rating them, just haven't been putting it on my lob but I'll go back an edit for you Pete! No, haven't entered Raheny and will be doing an LSR on Saturday so I'll be on cheering duty!

• Advertisement

Did you say that? I wasn't really listening as I was more interested in Bradford getting to Wembley.

A leader not a follower....

I was more worried about how you'd manage in the house alone what with not knowing where the cooker is or how to turn on the heating.
    He's either running too far too fast or doing his nightly Jack the ripper recce. Both lead to tears :)

Dear God, what must you think of me? Those sixteen women had it coming to them :D

Still rating them, just haven't been putting it on my lob but I'll go back an edit for you Pete! No, haven't entered Raheny and will be doing an LSR on Saturday so I'll be on cheering duty!

Your lob? Semi or full? Freudian slip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Surely you are missing the most important discovery of the research -

"Men suffer more with coughs and colds because they have extra temperature receptors in the brain and so experience worse symptoms"

;)

Your lob? Semi or full? Freudian slip?

Goblobknobler ;)

Friday - Recovery - 4 miles @ 8:48, very easy run but legs still feeling hammered. Grade 4/10

Saturday - 15 miles at 8:27 pace - Grade 6/10

Right so, considering how bad the legs have felt and missing 6/7 days recently I set off this evening at a sensible pace as it was really important I hit the 15 mile mark. It was really windy and I had a couple of "what the fcuk am I doing this for"? moments, but, I kept plodding on. At about the 10 mile mark I realised I was ok to complete the distance so stepped the pace up a little. All in all I'm happy to have completed it. Legs again are pretty shattered, breathing was grand as you would expect at that pace but had to work harder on the uphill bits into that gusty wind.

Sunday - 4 mile recovery, very windy and legs still fooked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

What are you planning on doing about these fooked legs?

I mean, what kind of fooked are they, age?

Joint replacement maybe the solution? :D

How are you getting on with Marthastew and her "yoga" classes she is giving you? ;)

That should be doing them the world of good!:)

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »
    What are you planning on doing about these fooked legs?

I mean, what kind of fooked are they, age?

Joint replacement maybe the solution? :D

How are you getting on with Marthastew and her "yoga" classes she is giving you? ;)

That should be doing them the world of good!:)

Last time I had a joint replaced I was in Amsterdam ;)

Advertisement