Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Monday - 8 miles @ 7:56 - Grade 6/10

Man It's windy out there tonight!

Tuesday - 10 miles at 8:23 - Grade 5/10

Thursday - Recovery - 6 Miles @ 8.51 - Grade 4/10

Very easy run but legs still not right, they were the same this time last year so maybe my legs are affected by SADS ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

What's the scoring system Digger? How's it work

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thats how he rates CL's housekeeping skills for that day.

• Advertisement

Friday - 5.30 A.M. 17 Miles at 8:34 pace - Grade 5/10

Who in the name of God would regularly go running at 5.30 AM?? :eek: This is what I did this morning! Almost all of me recent runs have been solo efforts so it was nice to have the company of Clara ‘lympian for this. Out toward Dundrun Town Centre, Clonskeagh, Donnybrook and Eglington Terrace, the first 10 miles passed easily enough , apart from the tool in the car that stood on the horn near Leeson Street because he was a jealous fat a55 practically fused to his car seat. Anyway, that was nothing that a hand signal straight into his windscreen didn’t sort out!;)

Heading out of town along the Canal and back up toward Rathmines/Rathgar and we started to hit the headwind but it was no big deal. We parted ways at Bushy Park, 13 mile point as the ‘lympian headed back toward her office. About a minute later I passed raycun bouncing along at sub 30 min 5 mile pace, headphones on, volume too loud and clearly audible was “I am a strong independent woman” :D Last 4 miles were largely uneventful but could have been catastrophic if I didn’t get to the house and especially the toilet….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

As always, thanks for sharing your adventures Digs!!

It's based on a bunch of things such as how easy/difficult the run felt, If I could have run at that pace for another x amount of miles, If I feel after the run I could run again later in the day etc. etc.

chinguetti wrote: »
    As always, thanks for sharing your adventures Digs!!

Warts and all Spagbol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I was halfway through my empowerment mantra when I saw the coalminer in compression gear coming towards me. Had to start all over again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

You've gone up in my estimation (wouldn't be hard ;)) after that run. If you hit a bad patch in Boston think of this morning's run and heartbreak hill etc will feel like a piece of piss compared to a 5.30 am, 17 mile run in cold February.

RayCun wrote: »
    I was halfway through my empowerment mantra when I saw the coalminer in compression gear coming towards me. Had to start all over again :rolleyes:

:D

TRR wrote: »
    You've gone up in my estimation (wouldn't be hard ;)) after that run..

I usually have more of an immediate impact on younger, more female types ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I usually have more of an immediate impact on younger, more female types ;)

Yes but I have an iq greater than 70 unlike your recent conquest ;)

wouldn't be hard
    Yes but I have an iq greater than 70 unlike your recent conquest ;)

So, only one of your heads is bulbous! :D

Sunday - 3 cold fresh miles by the lake in Zell am See, Austria with The Foot for company :)

Monday - 5 miles at 8:53 - We did this after a full day of skiing so the legs were a little tired. The run itself was interesting as there had been a lot of snow so it was quite doing an XC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Monday - 5 miles at 8:53 - We did this after a full day of skiing so the legs were a little tired. The run itself was interesting as there had been a lot of snow so it was quite doing an XC.

I managed 64km of running over 4 runs last week in Ischgl so that's your target for this week!
    True about it being like cross-country running on the snow. Also, fairly sure the altitude was a factor too (Ischgl is at 1,400m) as the HR appeared to be approx 5-10bpm higher than normal.

Discovered yesterday evening that due to a fall the previous Monday I actually fractured my forearm but it's only a nick and I still have full functionability.
    So, be careful out there kids!!:cool:

Tuesday - 4 miles at 8.28

Wednesday - 7 miles at 8.40 - There's a route around the lake with about 60% covered by a purpose made trail for runners/walkers/cyclists. One end of the lake resembles a nature reserve and it's absolutely beautiful with the snow and the backdrop of a frozen lake.

Skiing going well, lots of snow which makes things challenging come the PM. We took a day trip to the glacier at Kaprun yesterday and found ourselves skiing at close to 3,000 metres (note how bilingual I am with imperial/metric) :) No falls yet for either of us so Boston prep is currently running smoothly ;)

Sunday - Long run - 17 miles at 8 min/mile

Legs were pretty tired after a week's skiing but I found myself agreeing to becoming "Gunsstew" and at 9 AM myself and "Footstew" headed out and met up with Mum, Dad, Meno and pauliec.

7 at 8.20, 7 at 7.40 (where we parted from the realstews & wannastews) and a did a final 3 at 8 min/mile.

Good to be in.a group run again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Was today More of a coddle than a Stew?

Was today More of a coddle than a Stew?

Well, there were a few wet sausages floating around alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Sunday - Long run - 17 miles at 8 min/mile

Legs were pretty tired after a week's skiing but I found myself agreeing to becoming "Gunsstew" and at 9 AM myself and "Footstew" headed out and met up with Mum, Dad, Meno and pauliec.

7 at 8.20, 7 at 7.40 (where we parted from the realstews & wannastews) and a did a final 3 at 8 min/mile.

Good to be in.a group run again :)

How were your last few miles ? Fair play for having the discipline to keep to the plan given 1) the weather b) a week skiing and iii) everyone else bailing at 14 :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    How were your last few miles ? Fair play for having the discipline to keep to the plan given 1) the weather b) a week skiing and iii) everyone else bailing at 14 :D

Yeah, they were tough alright. For some reason we found ourselves running out to the end of Dunlaoghaire pier and back....As if we weren't wet enough already! Good character building run though.

Monday - Recovery - 6 miles at 8:40 pace. Legs a little knackered from the 17 on Sunday but once they warmed up the run felt better than I thought it would be. Currently contemplating 5 miles easy or 5 miles tempo for today.....

Tuesday - Tempo - 4 miles at 6:54 average followed by a 1.5 mile w/down at 8:05 pace. The tempo part felt tough, by mile 3 the legs were feeling dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Tuesday - Tempo - 4 miles at 6:54 average followed by a 1.5 mile w/down at 8:05 pace. The tempo part felt tough, by mile 3 the legs were feeling dead.

No time for a warm up or just don't bother with that sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

pistol_75 wrote: »

The guns are permanently warmed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

pistol_75 wrote: »

so many jokes :pac:

• Advertisement

Wednesday - MLR - 10 miles at 7:54.

First 4 were a doddle, mile 5 took ages to click over. Next few were okay despite the weather getting worse. The last 1.5 were into the teeth of the wind and rain...

Advertisement