Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

"the Dort" :D

Correct ;) and MS even forced us to buy tickets for 4 bleedin euro one way!!.... Nobody even bothered to check if we had tickets which is alien to me as I'm used to the stab vest wearing, sub automatic machine gun carrying clampers on the Luas Red Line ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Mighty running there digger. Legs bound to be still a bit jaded after Bohermeen so I wouldn't worry about the slower pace. See how the next long one goes next week, I suspect it will be much better.

I'd grab that right now if I could but unfortunately I have to face my longen tomorrow!

5 weeks!:eek:

Edit: Any PMP miles in the LSRs planned?

blockic wrote: »

Edit: Any PMP miles in the LSRs planned?

I suspect the next 3 weeks will see some PMP and HMP thrown into the LSR's..... God help me! :eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done A, sounded like a tough one for you, super pace though. Are you called 'the Foot 2' now?

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done A, sounded like a tough one for you, super pace though. Are you called 'the Foot 2' now?

Le pied part deux ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You nearly sabotaged my long run with that report. I was DREADING it after reading that.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Le pied part deux ;)

You're a long way from Tallaght now! :rolleyes::D

Monday - MLR - 13.5 Miles @ 8:19 pace

So, in true digdig style I set out to do this run a day before the plan and following on from Saturday's awfully tough 22 mile run. I'm a sucker for a run in strange weather so I headed up to the Waterworks and did the duck egg loop and back to the house again. Quite a lot of uphills and downhills in this run and whilst the legs were very tired I'm glad it's done. The foot is no better or worse than the weekend.... Planning on booking an hour with C Fitz to revive the legs and get him to take a look at the injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

FYP ;)
    I'm a sucker for some strange so I headed up to the Waterworks

You are a space cadet. After Saturday I was expecting the last rites rather than a good MLR today on a tough loop. That run has positives and possible negatives. Positives is that it shows your stamina and strength has improved significantly recently. Possible negatives...... well I guess you can list them yourself :)

TRR wrote: »
    FYP ;)

You are a space cadet. After Saturday I was expecting the last rites rather than a good MLR today on a tough loop. That run has positives and possible negatives. Positives is that it shows your stamina and strength has improved significantly recently. Possible negatives...... well I guess you can list them yourself :)

No negatives... PMA ALL THE WAY!! ;)

• Advertisement

The week gone by has been pretty sh1te.... Legs weren't right after the 22 with the gang on the Saturday and the hilly 13.5 on Monday didn't help. A couple of easy 4 milers on the Tuesday and Wednesday before a trip to the physio to try sort the legs out and have a look at the niggle in the foot on the Thursday. Friday was a progression run over 5 miles and Friday night saw a problem with the back of my knee (had felt a little strained at times over the last few weeks)

I skipped the long run on Saturday and went in to take a few snaps at the MSB 5k, well done to the Stew Family ;) Tried an easy 4 miles after that and with the way the legs felt during that I made the decision not to do 20 yesterday. Sunday arrived with the legs still aching and slightly swollen glands again so I set out for 10-13, I managed 9 before curtailing due to the foot issue... The tongue on the Lunar Racers is wafer thin at the top and therefore the laces continue to aggravate the problem (inflammed tendon) .... Anyway, as I said, sh1te week way too close to the big day but that's life.... I'll just get on with things and hope for the best!

Monday - 40-60 mins easy - 6.35 miles at 8.15.

Not going to dwell on wrecked legs/niggles.... Will report on them when they are sorted! This run was ok, I wore a pair of Asics, 2160'S I think so as to relieve the lace pressure. I have to say that it felt like I was running with two bricks on my feet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Monday - 40-60 mins easy - 6.35 miles at 8.15.

Not going to dwell on wrecked legs/niggles.... Will report on them when they are sorted! This run was ok, I wore a pair of Asics, 2160'S I think so as to relieve the lace pressure. I have to say that it felt like I was running with two bricks on my feet :eek:

Have you tried wearing a second/thicker pair of socks to avoid the pressure of the laces?

Also, given that you appreciate the heavy asics are an impediment to myself and others who permanently reside in Kayanos, what handicap are you offering us for the big day??;)

belcarra wrote: »
    Have you tried wearing a second/thicker pair of socks to avoid the pressure of the laces?

Also, given that you appreciate the heavy asics are an impediment to myself and others who permanently reside in Kayanos, what handicap are you offering us for the big day??;)

I wear the Lunar Racers in two different sizes, 8.5 and 9.... Ideally what I need is an 8.75 :D Anyway, the current ones are an 8.5 and don't have room for thick socks let alone two pairs... I'm going to look at socks today and get a pair of 9's if I can find helpful socks...

Re; Handicap, how about I give you 11 years!!?? :D;)

Feel like I've stepped into a geriatric centre reading about all these 'niggles'

Oh......

Feel like I've stepped into a geriatric centre reading about all these 'niggles'

Oh......

You are an honourary member ;)

You are an honourary member ;)

Feck off, I'm like 30 years younger than you!

Feck off, I'm like 30 years younger than you!

At least! :D

Sorry to hear that A, hope everything sorts itself out and you're back to your winning form soon!

Tuesday - 8-10 Miles easy - 10 Miles at 8:03 pace... Tough, weather crap, done now though :)

• Advertisement

Wednesday - Easy run - 6 miles at 7.55....Meh

Wednesday - Easy run - 6 miles at 7.55....Meh

too bloody fast ;)

I don't know what you're mehing about. Go back to August/September in your log and see what sort of pace you were averaging for these runs. Fooking progress.

:D
    too bloody fast ;)

I don't know what you're mehing about. Go back to August/September in your log and see what sort of pace you were averaging for these runs. Fooking progress.

I meant "meh" in an " I felt meh" way.... It was still too tough, breathing too hard and man I sweated like Pageant Messiah awaiting another complaining post on the novice thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

did u get the package....

ultraman1 wrote: »
    did u get the package....

Yes I did, most kind of you Anthony ;) I'll add the mixing agents today, it should hit the streets by Saturday :)

Thursday - 8 Miles - 8 @ 8:13, weather absolutely sh1te but this 8 definitely felt better than the 10 earlier in the week.

too bloody fast wink.png

I actually went back to 2011 by mistake yesterday and was amazed to see how faster you are running now. A lot of your runs were mid 9 minute miles.

I meant "meh" in an " I felt meh" way.... It was still too tough, breathing too hard and man I sweated like Pageant Messiah awaiting another complaining post on the novice thread! :D

You are an awful man digger but based on what I've written above you'd be a great man to show novices how it is possible to go from running 9ish minute miles to 7ish minute miles. More impressive considering your advanced years ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

you'd be a great man to show novices how it is possible to go from running 9ish minute miles to 7ish minute miles.

hhhmmmm interesting - quick, wheres Ecoli......

hhhmmmm interesting - quick, wheres Ecoli......

Problem with digger is while other mentors would read training plans like HH or P&D in bed he'd be flicking through his well thumbed copy of the karma sutra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

You are an awful man digger but based on what I've written above you'd be a great man to show novices how it is possible to go from running 9ish minute miles to 7ish minute miles. More impressive considering your advanced years ;)

Wouldn't work. It's like the cardinals who can't vote in the conclave,too old!! :pac:

Advertisement