Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Saturday - Long Run - 20 Miles at 8:04 pace

I did this with CL, my instructions were 18-20 and absolutely no more. CL's were 22-24. We did loops of Marlay....First couple of miles were quite tough, breathing was too laboured but had improved by the time the tendonitis kicked in at the 5 mile point. That soon cleared and for the first time in this training cycle I felt strong and comfortable on a long run. Unfortunately it reared it's head again at mile 17 which helped me to obey the orders I had not to go any further than the 20. CL went on to do another 4 whilst I got fresh bread from the Farmer's Market and then some nice hot coffee to have in the car when the Longford Express finished her 24.

Legs tired today but I'm planning a few looseners before the fillet steaks tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Saturday - Long Run - 20 Miles at 8:04 pace

I did this with CL, my instructions were 18-20 and absolutely no more. CL's were 22-24. We did loops of Marlay....First couple of miles were quite tough, breathing was too laboured but had improved by the time the tendonitis kicked in at the 5 mile point. That soon cleared and for the first time in this training cycle I felt strong and comfortable on a long run. Unfortunately it reared it's head again at mile 17 which helped me to obey the orders I had not to go any further than the 20. CL went on to do another 4 whilst I got fresh bread from the Farmer's Market and then some nice hot coffee to have in the car when the Longford Express finished her 24.

Legs tired today but I'm planning a few looseners before the fillet steaks tonight :D

Thats interesting about your Tendonitis, I've had it myself and wonder if it ever went away. I wasn't aware that you can run on and then it goes away and comes back during the run?

rasher_m wrote: »
    Thats interesting about your Tendonitis, I've had it myself and wonder if it ever went away. I wasn't aware that you can run on and then it goes away and comes back during the run?

The issue I'm having was caused/ is being caused by lace pressure. The shoes I'm wearing have a very slim tongue. If I tie the laces tight the tongue stays in place but the tight laces are causing me problems... If I tie the laces a little looser the tongue slips to the side and the laces are against my upper foot through only the sock. I'm only having the issue on my right foot btw. Insofar as the issue happening at the 17 mile mark yesterday, I'm guessing that at that stage my feet were warm/swollen and therefore pressing against the laces more.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

So why are you still wearing those shoes?

D
    RayCun wrote: »
    So why are you still wearing those shoes?

Because in every other way they are perfect for me. I'm now on my 3rd or 4th pair and the issue was caused originally by a lace opening early in a 20 mile run and I then tied it way too tightly but instead of stopping to resolve the issue, like a sensible person, I ran on and on....

• Advertisement

Seems like an important disadvantage though. There are probably other shoes that are nearly as good every other way, and don't start hurting after 5 miles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Seems like an important disadvantage though. There are probably other shoes that are nearly as good every other way, and don't start hurting after 5 miles...

I'm taking tomorrow off work to come up and burn those poxy lunars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

TRR wrote: »
    I'm taking tomorrow off work to come up and burn those poxy lunars.

Or just tell him to stick with them and he'll get rid of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Problem with digger is while other mentors would read training plans like HH or P&D in bed he'd be flicking through his well thumbed copy of the karma sutra.

You'd also need a warning in red on every page of the thread along the lines of -
    'Please do not use the words long, hard, tight, pressed, hot, sweaty, massage, groin, thigh, etc etc'. :D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You'd also need a warning in red on every page of the thread along the lines of -
    'Please do not use the words long, hard, tight, pressed, hot, sweaty, massage, groin, thigh, etc etc'. :D

Ahh.... Welcome back ;)

• Advertisement

They normally don't... Anyway, I'm off to buy another pair :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Here digger, I have a genious solution to your Lunar problem:
    Don't tie the laces so tight :rolleyes:

If I tie the laces a little looser the tongue slips to the side and the laces are against my upper foot through only the sock.

dear internet,
    when I punch myself in the face, I bruise my knuckles, but when I slap myself instead I get a shiny red sore patch. Other than that, the hitting myself is going well. Any suggestions?

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think you should continue to wear the shoes that hurt you no matter what way you wear them.

Also, all of a sudden glad that all I have to do is put plasters on my achilles while wearing these heroic shoes.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Here digger, I have a genious solution to your Lunar problem:
    Don't tie the laces so tight :rolleyes:

Do you not read my posts in detail youngstew? Tongue moves more easily.if the laces are looser loser ;)

Do you not read my posts in detail youngstew? Tongue moves more easily.if the laces are looser loser ;)

There is always a happy medium.

You could always staple the tongue to the shoe and tie the laces a bit looser :pac:

Otherwise why not take a pair of those lunarspeeds I have been telling you about. No problems with those I promise.

Monday - 6 Miles Easy - 6 Miles at 7:58

IN THE LUNARACERS! :D

3 out, 3 back.... Latter 3 into a gusty wind.

There is always a happy medium.

You could always staple the tongue to the shoe and tie the laces a bit looser :pac:

Otherwise why not take a pair of those lunarspeeds I have been telling you about. No problems with those I promise.

It's difficult to take shoe advice from someone who took a scissors to new shoes and removed the manufacturers logo for comfort :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

It's difficult to take shoe advice from someone who took a scissors to new shoes and removed the manufacturers logo for comfort :confused::D

Those shoes read 'Michael Guineys'...he was just saying it was for comfort

IN THE LUNARACERS! :D

Houston Boston we may have a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Tongue moves more easily.if the laces are looser loser ;)

Are you still talking about the lunars by any chance?

Jesus man I had a mizuno sign imprinted into the side of my Foot. What did you expect me to do?

Tuesday - 13 Mile Session - 2 x w/up, 3 x PMP, 1 x Rec, 3 x PMP, 1 x Rec, 3 x PMP (with last 1-2 at HMP if possible).

So, I went a little a la carte as I felt good and wanted to push the times a little. PMP should be 7:10 - 7:15 and HMP should be around 6:40 - 6:45.

2 x w/up .... 8:29, 8:27

3 x PMP
    6:57
    7:08
    7:14

1 Rec....8:31

3 x PMP
    7:01
    7:02
    6:58

1 Rec....8:32

3 x PMP (with last 1-2 at HMP if possible)
    6:55
    6:23
    6:19

[
    2 x w/up .... 8:29, 8:27

3 x PMP
    6:57
    7:08
    7:14

1 Rec....8:31

3 x PMP
    7:01
    7:02
    6:58

1 Rec....8:32

3 x PMP (with last 1-2 at HMP if possible)
    6:55
    6:23
    6:19

Great stuff Digger. Gonna be a right dustup between yourself and CL in Boston. I'll be eagerly checking the live updates.

Looks like 2013 might be the year that the men come back out of the dust ;)

So PMP is 7 minute miles? :eek:

might as well make it 6.52 :)

might as well make it 6.52 :)

6.50 to be sure

6.50 to be sure

6:50 could leave you with egg on your face and a 3:00:xx time. ;)

6.50 to be sure

Could his old ticker handle that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Great stuff Digger. Gonna be a right dustup between yourself and CL in Boston. I'll be eagerly checking the live updates.

+1 I'll have popcorn at the ready. :) Great session there. Nice to see you are getting the finger out for Limerick Boston. :pac:

Advertisement