Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Could his old ticker handle that?

Well i'ld never doubt the great Dig Dig is all i'll say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looks like 2013 might be the year that the men come back out of the dust ;)

Meno just make sure digger doesn't emerge from the dust and you end up taking his place ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Wednesday - Rest or 4 Mile recovery - I decided on rest as although I felt fine after the session yesterday I decided it was the smart choice.

Thursday - 8 Miles Easy - 8 Miles at 8:01 pace

Friday - 18 Long Run - 18 Miles at 8:00 min pace

Myself and CL met up with MenoStew in the Phoenix Park for this. Good run and chats, although Meno's awful generalisations about our excellent An Garda Siochana were a bit surprising ;) Glad to have this out of the way as the legs began to feel very tired in the last 5/6 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Friday - 18 Long Run - 18 Miles at 8:00 min pace

Myself and CL met up with MenoStew in the Phoenix Park for this. Good run and chats, although Meno's awful generalisations about our excellent An Garda Siochana were a bit surprising ;)

haha you are a cheeky fecker :D

• Advertisement

haha you are a cheeky fecker :D

Cheeky....Me?..... Only when I wear short shorts ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Cheeky....Me?..... Only when I wear short shorts ;):D

Jeez dig, I come over here to check on how your doing and first thing I'm faced with is that mental picture! :eek:

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Jeez dig, I come over here to check on how your doing and first thing I'm faced with is that mental picture! :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Imagine how I feel EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!! :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

claralara wrote: »

:D Lucky girl!

:D Lucky girl!

Ok, note to self... No more first thing downward dogs in the bedroom :D;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

NO THANK YOU

Ugh my thoughts will never be clean again. It's nearly bedtime, did I have to read that now?! Ugh.

NO THANK YOU

Yeh right......

Sunday - 6 Miles Easy - 6 @ 7:56

The legs were tired after the 18 on Friday but yesterday's rest did the job. As the stiffness in the legs I've had fopr the last 4 weeks eases I'm actually starting to feel the areas which are a little sore, sinews and stuff... Nothing too bad at all though. Not sure what to report about this evening's run, felt great, felt sh1te, felt good, felt okay, felt great :confused:

Spent this morning with the camera up at a pretty windy Fr Murphy's 5 Mile in Kildalkey Co. Meath where CL set a new PB on very heavy legs :D.... I reckon there's close enough to a sub 30 there in the Summer :eek: There were a sprinkling of clubmates running and I bumped into beedyoube and Tang as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Pleasure to meet you today, best of luck in Boston in two weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tang1 wrote: »
    Pleasure to meet you today, best of luck in Boston in two weeks.

:confused::confused:

:confused::confused:

Hardly going to call him a w***ker the first time i met him, give me a chance:P.

tang1 wrote: »
    Hardly going to call him a w***ker the first time i met him, give me a chance:P.

I bet you he was perving on Mrs Tang1 and possibly tang1 Jnr :eek:

He had a camera taking pictures, wont say anymore.

• Advertisement

Here, that's a bit smug coming from someone else who had a good go at a fellow boardsie :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Here, that's a bit smug coming from someone else who had a good go at a fellow boardsie :-)

tell us more!!!!

Monday - 6 Miles Easy - 6 @ 8:03....

Tuesday - Session - 2 Mile w/up - 4 x 1KM reps at 4 min pace with 90 second recovery - 1 Mile w/down

2 x 8 min w/up miles

4 x 1Km's... 3:55, 3:53, 3:51, 3:45

1 Mile w/down at 7:52

Did all this on the inner loop of Marlay, almost exactly 1k.... All good but legs certainly felt full of lactic come the fourth rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Thank god you're the man with the guns because I just placed a huge chocolate order from my favorite New York Chocolatier that will certainly be too heavy for your darling to carry. ;):D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Thank god you're the man with the guns because I just placed a huge chocolate order from my favorite New York Chocolatier that will certainly be too heavy for your darling to carry. ;):D

Jeez DD, I'll spend all May listening to a boney girlfriend saying '' Oh God..... I'm sooooo fat''!! ;):D

Tuesday - Session - 2 Mile w/up - 4 x 1KM reps at 4 min pace with 90 second recovery - 1 Mile w/down

2 x 8 min w/up miles

4 x 1Km's... 3:55, 3:53, 3:51, 3:45

1 Mile w/down at 7:52

Did all this on the inner loop of Marlay, almost exactly 1k.... All good but legs certainly felt full of lactic come the fourth rep.

What time were you doing this? I was doing those 1k loops after work today. Could have done with a bit of Moral support :rolleyes:

What time were you doing this? I was doing those 1k loops after work today. Could have done with a bit of Moral support :rolleyes:

About 3.15... You were right, those loops are bang on a KM!

About 3.15... You were right, those loops are bang on a KM!

I'm always right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wednesday - Rest or 5 Miles Recovery - 5 Miles at 8:44, body a bit creaky after yesterday's session and I ran this early this morning (which I normally don't do) to start adjusting the the start time of Boston. Nothing much else to report about this run.

Advertisement