Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Thursday - Session - 2 x PMP, 1 x Rec, 1 x PMP, 1 x Rec, 1 x HMP

Note; HMP is 6:44, PMP is 7:14

2 x PMP, 7:09, 7:10

1 x Rec, 8:53

1 x PMP, 7:09

1 x Rec, 8:35

1 x HMP, 6:34

This felt tough and all the way through I thought ''How the fook am I gonna run 26 x 7:14's in a row'' :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Looks like a nice session to keep the mind and body ticking over.
    Might steal it for tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Super running there A, it seems like everything is looking good in your household for Boston.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This felt tough and all the way through I thought ''How the fook am I gonna run 26 x 7:14's in a row''

Mad how two miles at that pace can be a killer today and 26 miles at that pace will be a breeze on the day. Taper crazies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Mad how two miles at that pace can be a killer today and 26 miles at that pace will be a breeze on the day. Taper crazies.

For most of us it's taper madness, poor old Digger it's senility though!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Thursday - Session - 2 x PMP, 1 x Rec, 1 x PMP, 1 x Rec, 1 x HMP

Note; HMP is 6:44, PMP is 7:14

2 x PMP, 7:09, 7:10

1 x Rec, 8:53

1 x PMP, 7:09

1 x Rec, 8:35

1 x HMP, 6:34

This felt tough and all the way through I thought ''How the fook am I gonna run 26 x 7:14's in a row'' :eek::confused:

Great session A. Yourself and O are going well so fingers crossed now.
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Because if you don't, there'll be no personal cheerleader at the finish line for you! ;)

I'll be staying as long as it should take you to run 7:13s and no longer!

claralara wrote: »
    Because if you don't, there'll be no personal cheerleader at the finish line for you! ;)

I'll be staying as long as it should take you to run 7:13s and no longer!

Well hopefully you don't blow up and he overtakes you even though you have a 20 minute head start :) Just saying, it's something to think/worry about. My work here is done, hope the taper is going well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

TRR wrote: »
    Well hopefully you don't blow up and he overtakes you even though you have a 20 minute head start :) Just saying, it's something to think/worry about. My work here is done, hope the taper is going well :D

Hopefully. Because if I do blow up it'll be a result.of sub-standard coaching and there will be no framed photographs or thank you presents coming home from Beantown!!

claralara wrote: »
    Hopefully. Because if I do blow up it'll be a result.of sub-standard coaching and there will be no framed photographs or thank you presents coming home from Beantown!!

Regardless of result, even if you break the world record, I don't want a framed picture of either of you.

• Advertisement

Regardless of result, even if you break the world record, I don't want a framed picture of either of you.

I know... The frame is a bit harsh to bring to bed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

I know... The frame is a bit harsh to bring to bed ;)

Is TRR bi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

rasher_m wrote: »
    Is TRR bi?

:eek: I thought you had to be a subscriber to get to these threads!! :pac:

Is TRR bi?

Let's just say I'm adventurous. Having said that I have standards so nothing to see here.

Is TRR bi?
    Let's just say I'm adventurous. Having said that I have standards so nothing to see here.

I don't think ''labels'' matter anymore, what with people jumping ship willy nilly :pac:

Saturday - BHAA 4 Mile Race - Training Progression - 7.10, 6.50, 6.30 and sub 6.30 - 2 Mile w/up at 8.30's... Race - Mile 1 @ 7:05, Mile 2 @ 6:52, Mile 3 @ 6:32 and Mile 4 @ 6:04.

This run was a tune up for Boston, mindful not to wreck the legs like I did in the Rathfarnham 5k the week before Berlin and also an exercise in self discipline for the first mile in Boston. It worked, heading off at 7:10 in a 4 mile race practically whilstling tunes as half the field ran by me wasn't easy but I pretty much hit the splits I wanted. CL had earlier finished 3rd in the 2 mile race and won her company race so we have another big silver cup in the gaff :D I'm glad I've decided not to win sh1t anymore or we'd need a bigger house ;)

Sunday - 4 Mile Recovery - 12 miles at 8:22.... Swapped Monday and Sunday around and headed off with CL into a headwind for the first 3 miles.... This run was tough.... My legs feel like I've done one of my first ever 20 milers! 3 laps of Marlay during this run....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

heading off at 7:10 in a 4 mile race practically whilstling tunes as half the field ran by me wasn't easy but I pretty much hit the splits I wanted.

You must have been passing scores on the back end though, that must have felt good? ;)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You must have been passing scores on the back end though, that must have felt good? ;)

Yeh, it was a strange one, particularly as we hit mile 1.... Guys that had gone by me in the previous 50 metres were suddenly looking at me running by them again, bouncing along. The 3rd mile at 6:30 had my concentration though... No whilstling was being done ;)

Feeling domsy and jaded today so a rest day is in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Saturday - BHAA 4 Mile Race - Training Progression - CL had earlier finished 3rd in the 2 mile race and won her company race so we have another big silver cup in the gaff :D

Emmm - Just for clarification, she won the female company race:D. A legend won the men's company race;)

Lucky you chucked the smoke before the finish line snap was taken:)

Best of luck in Boston.

• Advertisement

Pronator wrote: »
    Emmm - Just for clarification, she won the female company race:D. A legend won the men's company race;)

Lucky you chucked the smoke before the finish line snap was taken:)

Best of luck in Boston.

:D

Cheers, thanks!

Pronator wrote: »

who was that? Digger told me some skinny a$$hole won it!

Monday - Rest - I actually went for a walk in Marlay just to stretch the legs ( so this is what it's like to train for the mini MARATHON) ;) . Legs felt a good deal better last night but a bit bockety again this morning, CL said hers feel the same but I think that's just a phantom thing, like when she thinks she has the flu :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Legs felt a good deal better last night but a bit bockety again this morning, CL said hers feel the same but I think that's just a phantom thing

I'm not the only one so! What day are ya off on your holidays? ;)

FYI
    blockic wrote: »
    What day are ya off on your mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Monday - Rest - I actually went for a walk in Marlay just to stretch the legs ( so this is what it's like to train for the mini MARATHON) ;) . Legs felt a good deal better last night but a bit bockety again this morning, CL said hers feel the same but I think that's just a phantom thing, like when she thinks she has the flu :)

Meow! :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

bockety

Excellent use of a very under-appreciated word. Well done.

blockic wrote: »
    I'm not the only one so! What day are ya off on your holidays? ;)

Friday!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Excellent use of a very under-appreciated word. Well done.

Always the cunning linguist ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Even though you said cunning linguist.... I read it as something else!! Bravo good sir... BRAVO! :p

Advertisement