Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Tuesday - 4 Mile Recovery - 4 Miles at 8:30... This definitely helped loosen the legs up and was an absolute doddle until I hit the incline for the last mile and the legs felt dead again. Still a positive run though.

Wednesday - Pyramid Session - 1 Mile w/up at 8 min...Then 1/2/3/4/5/4/3/2/1 x minutes hard running with 60 second recovery jog in between each. I read this session wrong, was only meant to do 1/2/3/4/3/2/1.... And the 5th one was the worst as well as the extra 4 minute one!!! Anyway, average pace for the pyramid session was 7:03 which was pretty tasty as the 8 x 1 min recovery jogs were done very slowly.

Boston update.... All on track as long as the legs freshen up over the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of Luck for Monday...Digger...have a blast!!:D

Younganne wrote: »
    Best of Luck for Sunday Digger...have a blast!!:D

If I start on Sunday Anne I'm pretty sure I'll cross the line first (it starts on Monday ;) ) thanks for the good wishes anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

digger2d2 wrote: »
    If I start on Sunday Anne I'm pretty sure I'll cross the line first (it starts on Monday ;) ) thanks for the good wishes anyway :)

D'oh :o:o:o:o you don't need a head start...:D
    i though it was 15th alright, but thought i must have made a mistake!!!
    Must be mixing up with Rotterdam so!!! (that is Sunday isn't it??)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Best of luck at the weekend. Enjoy the experience and hopefully you'll get the reward for your hard miles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

There's a guy going to be on the expo in Boston, promoting the Dublin Marathon - Gerry Carr - he actually organises the Dub Marathon.
    Say hello to him!! - He'll be running as well.

& best of luck in the race itself, amazing experience I'm sure. Looking fwd to the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Good luck with it chief....Also must find out who your coach is cause having read your blog the training has been impressive to say the least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Also must find out who your coach is cause having read your blog the training has been impressive to say the least!

He'll love this!! :D

Although to be fair, the plan and what digger does are two totally different things!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck on Monday digger. You'll kill that 3:10 with the serious work you have put in. There is life in the old dog yet!!

Just mind that you don't kill all the people running behind ya while you're at it! :pac: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck Monday, go do us auld fellas justice & enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good luck A - have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

blockic wrote: »
    Best of luck on Monday digger. You'll kill that 3:10 with the serious work you have put in. There is life in theold dog yet!!

Just mind that you don't kill all the people running behind ya while you're at it! :pac: ;)

Just want to put extra emphasis on the old...... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Just want to put extra emphasis on the old...... ;)

Digger is so old he was the official starter for the first Boston marathon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good luck and have a great time, the men of Ireland will be cheering you on in our very own battle of the sexes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck A - you'll do great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

for pensioners everywhere! We look to you for inspiration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Best of luck on Monday A. Make sure you have enough energy in the tank to fight off the wellesley girls :D or else just have enough in the tank :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Best of luck in Boston Digger. Any chance you can bring me back an

Iphone
    Ipad
    Itouch
    Mac Air
    Few pairs of Asics
    and a twinkie :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

The mass quantities of chocolate has been packed....which begs the question, are your guns ready? See you in Boston! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Very, very best of luck in Boston, you will run an amazing race (a black cat told me that today;))
    Have you sent an advance warning to those girls in Wellesley? They tend to get a little over excited and I'm worried you will cause even more mass hysteria when Officer Digger arrives flexing his guns:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Marthastew wrote: »
    Very, very best of luck in Boston, you will run an amazing race (a black cat told me that today;))
    Have you sent an advance warning to those girls in Wellesley? They tend to get a little over excited and I'm worried you will cause even more mass hysteria when Officer Digger arrives flexing his guns:)
    Probably best to keep the guns covered up, or you'll cause a build-up in traffic before the half-way mark. Best of luck! Chalk up another one for the upper-middle-aged athletes. Give us younger men a time to aim for in 10 years time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Best of Luck on Monday Digger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Best of luck Monday, hope yourself and OH have great races!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck on Monday. I'll be glued to the live updates.
    Go Prove that win in the Bohermeen half was no fluke. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck old man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Good luck on Monday :D

Hey all.... Thanks a lot for all the good wishes... Too many to reply to individually as I'm busy watching the first day of the Masters ;):D

I'm really looking forward to the race, there's been no taper madness, perhaps experience helps with that. Trying not to think about the race too much as my weekend in Boston will be interrupted with having to push myself so so hard to get 26.3 x 7:14

For those of you looking for me to eclipse my bird I'm afraid that's not going to happen unless she has a problem and although I'm very competitive, I obviously don't want that to happen. There was a 12 minute gap in Berlin, I think if I go sub 3.10 and cut that gap to 6 minutes that will make for a very happy glamour couple ;):D

Bottom line of it is that myself and CL feel very fortunate to be going to Boston and no matter what, we are going to have a freakin' awesome blast!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

best of luck to both of ya. Looking forward to the reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Good luck!

Advertisement