Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

belcarra wrote: »
    What ya do with the other 10%??;)

You really think his half splits were that positive because he had a blow out?

Bad choice of words there.....Freudian slip you might say.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Excellent report Alan, poignant and sincere.

For once ;)

blockic wrote: »
    +1 to that. Well done on grinding it out when the going got tough. A super effort and shows great character. Boston Marathoner...not many can say that. See ya in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, I'm glad I hadn't set the bar slightly higher or I could have done a blocky ;)

tang1 wrote: »
    Well done Monday, i know the time didn't go your way but as you said yourself you can run again. Hundreds never will again, you should be very proud of your efforts. The time will come.

Thanks for that

Younganne wrote: »
    Lovely report digger and so well written....congrats on sticking it out though the going got tough and finishing such a tough course...(now i have to wipe my tears and head to a meeting!!!):o

Thanks Anne

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Well done on a tough day. And so wonderful to meet you and your guns. :)

Thanks DD, lovely to meet you too and well done on your time, I must have a look at your log if I can find it over there on the dark tri side ;):D

Ah feck it I'm crying again :o

It's usually my feet that causes that with women ;):D

belcarra wrote: »
    What ya do with the other 10%??;)

I brought them home for Rolf Harris TRR :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »

I know I'm going to regret this but what's with Rolf Harris?

JEmily wrote: »
    That's some history you witnessed...well done on the running, your making me want to do another marathon:(

Jaysus, can't believe my report rattled the foundations enough for you to come out of the woodwork ;)

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    I know I'm going to regret this but what's with Rolf Harris?

He's been brought in for questioning, think it's part of the whole Jimmy Saville thing... Not sure whether it was with girls or two little boys...

I'll get my coat....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ah A, you come on here with a lovely poignant race report and then you go and ruin it with this :rolleyes:

Well done on the marathon - tough run for you, but still a super time and lovely report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Not sure whether it was with girls or two little boys...

I'll get my coat....;)

That's terrible and very funny at the same time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Thanks for the report Dig. Brought tears just like dory's did. Well done on getting to the end, still a fantastic time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

well done digs,,......

It's usually my feet that causes that with women ;):D

Sorted: http://www.odor-eaters.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Great report Officer and a great run, not even close to the time you deserved but as we've all been reminded in the past week; there are no guarantees in marathons or in life:(.
    As I reminded Dory, at least you still have the guns to wow us ladies with;)

Monday - 2 Miles recovery - 2 at about 9 min pace

As the title says, this was my first run since Boston which well and truly broke my legs.... Middle of this week the stifness began to disappear and I could feel the real areas that had taken a specific battering. The lower quads and hamstrings in particular felt quite sore. The weekend arrived and the legs were definitely feeling much better but in a rare act of self discipline I decided to hold back until today.

In the first half mile I was almost patting myself on the back for the patience I'd shown as the legs felt absolutely great but by the end of the first mile they were getting tired, mile 1.5 lifeless and mile 2 strained. I can't remember if this is how they felt after Berlin etc. but in any event they'll need some time to get fixed I suspect.

Monday - 2 Miles recovery - 2 at about 9 min pace

As the title says, this was my first run since Boston which well and truly broke my legs.... Middle of this week the stifness began to disappear and I could feel the real areas that had taken a specific battering. The lower quads and hamstrings in particular felt quite sore. The weekend arrived and the legs were definitely feeling much better but in a rare act of self discipline I decided to hold back until today.

In the first half mile I was almost patting myself on the back for the patience I'd shown as the legs felt absolutely great but by the end of the first mile they were getting tired, mile 1.5 lifeless and mile 2 strained. I can't remember if this is how they felt after Berlin etc. but in any event they'll need some time to get fixed I suspect.

Softly softly catchy monkey dude, what's next for you? DCM?

Softly softly catchy monkey dude, what's next for you? DCM?

Carefully considering the Portumna marathon to get the London GFA.... Would be a pretty risky timeframe so will think long and hard (which I'm not used to :D)

• Advertisement

long and hard which I'm not used to

Told you before dude, your personal business is your own.

June is a quick turnaround alright, you around for coffee during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Digs, go to a beach and stand in the sea for 30 minutes a time, a few days in a row. Your legs will thank you and help make the turnaround possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

chinguetti wrote: »
    Digs, go to a beach and stand in the sea for 30 minutes a time, a few days in a row. Your legs will thank you and help make the turnaround possible.

You could come swimming in the 40 Foot:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Carefully considering the Portumna )

If our going to portumna,u mite as well do the 50k,,,,,,,,,,,u shud do at least one in your lifetime..........

June is a quick turnaround alright, you around for coffee during the week?

Yep, call my people

Not my middle leg though spag bol :eek:

Marthastew wrote: »
    You could come swimming in the 40 Foot:)

Thanks, but as I've already told Mr Stew, I'm not a throw the keys in a bowl type ;):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Turnaround to what? What you trying to turn him into?

ultraman1 wrote: »
    If our going to portumna,u mite as well do the 50k,,,,,,,,,,,u shud do at least one in your lifetime..........

Now that Anto, as the kids would say, made me LOL ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Not my middle leg though spag bol :eek:

Man up Digs. I here its good for the guns too!

Advertisement