Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

jcsmum wrote: »
    She's only typing what we're all thinking!

On second thoughts if you have contracted the deadly man-flu virus you really should cancel your skiing trip. :rolleyes:;)

I am capable of skiing on one foot, can ski backwards, can ski with a serious hangover and will no doubt manage to ski even if I do, as suspected, have man-flu ;)

I do feel a little better today (maybe it's the tablets) so to celebrate this I think I'll head out to 53 Degrees North and take a look at what's in their 3 day sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I am capable of skiing on one foot, can ski backwards, can ski with a serious hangover and will no doubt manage to ski even if I do, as suspected, have man-flu ;)

I do feel a little better today (maybe it's the tablets) so to celebrate this I think I'll head out to 53 Degrees North and take a look at what's in their 3 day sale :)

You must have the less deadlier strain of the virus so :rolleyes::D

You must have the less deadlier strain of the virus so :rolleyes::D

No, it's a deadly strain alright but us men just have to get on with things....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »
    Tough life. With the likes of you and meno acting like cowboys, this country is never gonna get back on it's feet!

Withdraw madam, withdraw.

Tough life. With the likes of you and meno acting like cowboys, this country is never gonna get back on it's feet!
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Withdraw madam, withdraw.

Yeh, mrslow gives her a load of grief about her running aura and she decides to take it out on the two of us....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Yeh, mrslow gives her a load of grief about her running aura and she decides to take it out on the two of us....:rolleyes:

I've decided the only way to take down this empire is to attack the foundations. Say hello to your incoming ruler ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

digger

Many thanks for meeting me for a coffee today

I hope i didn't annoy you with the Questions i had for you - im really thankful for your help and im hoping to use your advise from first thing tomorrow morning

Will keep you updated & lets do it again soon

Cheers

S:)

showit wrote: »
    digger

Many thanks for meeting me for a coffee today

I hope i didn't annoy you with the Questions i had for you - im really thankful for your help and im hoping to use your advise from first thing tomorrow morning

Will keep you updated & lets do it again soon

Cheers

S:)

That's not a problem.......Maybe I've a future as a personal trainer ;)

I've decided the only way to take down this empire is to attack the foundations. Say hello to your incoming ruler ;)

You're not gonna be the boss of me..........:D

That's not a problem.......Maybe I've a future as a personal trainer ;)

You should consider it

I bought that self help book on itunes that you were talking about - i listen too it before i went out this morning - it seems to have done the trick today

I ran 1.75 miles ( only stopped the once )

• Advertisement

A little bit late but the last week in January proved to be a difficult one for me between the pulled muscle in my back and man flu...So, detail as follows...

WTD (last week in Jan) 18.03 Miles - 2 runs

MTD 120.38 Miles - 17 runs

174 cms, 68.75 Kg's 22.21 BMI

So, onto February....I was really happy to kick the man flu and get out today, did 5.07 miles (some of it cross country) at 8:44 pace....:)

Went out again yesterday, needed to go in to town and was strongly considering running in and out but felt I'd look like a bit of a tool walking around The Great Outdoors and TK Maxx in a pair of shorts in February. So, later on just went out and did 4.66 miles at 9.22 pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

but felt I'd look like a bit of a tool walking around The Great Outdoors and TK Maxx in a pair of shorts in February

It doesn't normally concern you, why today?;)

Went out again yesterday, needed to go in to town and was strongly considering running in and out but felt I'd look like a bit of a tool walking around The Great Outdoors and TK Maxx in a pair of shorts in February. So, later on just went out and did 4.66 miles at 9.22 pace.

Wuss! :p

Wuss! :p

Ha ha.....Can you picture it though, being in TK Maxx and seeing this guy in shorts with a big red face sweating his way through the 'Snowsports' rail.....:D

i know a man from Dubai who would find that very excitable dude ! :D

Ha ha.....Can you picture it though, being in TK Maxx and seeing this guy in shorts with a big red face sweating his way through the 'Snowsports' rail.....:D

Hey that didn't stop me showing up at the consular section of an embassy yesterday, red face, sweat a'dripping and water bottle in my hand.

Although having said that, a few times dropping off J to school during the Winter, me in my running gear and the other parents in hats, gloves, coats and the odd pair of ugg boots (dahling!), I felt like an idiot.
    But then zoooooooom, I'm gone in a flash. :D:D

showit wrote: »
    i know a man from Dubai who would find that very excitable dude ! :D

What is it? Between that French dude in the park and the Dubai lad almost jumping me for doing 200 crunches????...

Hey that didn't stop me showing up at the consular section of an embassy yesterday, red face, sweat a'dripping and water bottle in my hand.

Although having said that, a few times dropping off J to school during the Winter, me in my running gear and the other parents in hats, gloves, coats and the odd pair of ugg boots (dahling!), I felt like an idiot.
    But then zoooooooom, I'm gone in a flash. :D:D

You mean you didn't have a tray of Ferrero Rocher to hand? :D

I hope they weren't wearing PJ's tucked into their Ugg's like the way they do up where Rainbow Kirby lives :D;);)

• Advertisement

You mean you didn't have a tray of Ferrero Rocher to hand? :D

I hope they weren't wearing PJ's tucked into their Ugg's like the way they do up where Rainbow Kirby lives :D;);)

How dare you even suggest that? I'm appalled.... :(;)

How dare you even suggest that? I'm appalled.... :(;)

Ha ha, just don't wear them on your next LSR :D

Right girls and boys...Banana man is off skiing:D:D...In fact, I'm heading to the Airport in 4 hours so I better try get some sleep....I'm bringing the running gear with me and will try get a few 3 mile morning runs in but let's face it..It's highly unlikely;) Anyway, enjoy your running whilst I'm gone and stay injury free :)

Jaybus....12 days since I last ran :eek:

Went out today and despite a week of skiing in the legs I felt pretty tired toward the end of my run - I did 5.48 miles at 8:26 pace.

Oh yeh, lads...in case you forgot, it's Valentine's Day ;)

Jaybus....12 days since I last ran :eek:

Went out today and despite a week of skiing in the legs I felt pretty tired toward the end of my run - I did 5.48 miles at 8:26 pace.

Are you surprising the missus with a bunch of bananas as opposed to roses.
    :D;) (sorry couldn't resist!)

Are you surprising the missus with a bunch of bananas as opposed to roses.
    :D;) (sorry couldn't resist!)

ha ha...v funny....A banana and two kiwis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

ha ha...v funny....A banana and two kiwis :D

Aren't we very generous to ourselves?

mrslow wrote: »
    Aren't we very generous to ourselves?

I felt I was being self deprecating:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

It is?! I'm very concerned about the wellbeing of my postman now...something dreadful must have happened..:eek:

• Advertisement

It is?! I'm very concerned about the wellbeing of my postman now...something dreadful must have happened..:eek:

Sh1t....Did I get your address wrong?

Advertisement