Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Tuesday - Whatever I want - Recovery pace - 5 miles at 8:40

Myself and CL ran down to club to say hello and prove we were safe after our trip stateside (we hadn't been down since we got stuck into Boston training) Have to say we got a lovely welcome and genuine hugs from Paddy and Emily, yes, even I got a couple of hugs!!!!

Ran back home then. Legs still boll1xed and although at a slow pace I felt my breathing was heavier than it normally would be, maybe that's the body having to work harder to make up for the lack of power in my legs at the moment:confused:

I've all but decided to knock the Portuma Marathon idea on the head, it just seems to me that based on the way the legs are there's a lot of injury risk involved with the timeframe. Also, if I'm honest, getting through the last 16 miles of Boston was mentally draining as well so a bit of pressure off the shoulders might be a good thing.

Interestingly, I feel a little more enthused at the thoughts of running at the moment. I always struggle toward the end of a marathon training cycle as it all gets to become a bit of a chore. A couple of weeks of easy running and the pacing gigs at Limerick and Kildare should have me spot on to get stuck into some shorter, faster training and hopefully feed a certain someone a little dust over the Summer :);)

Thursday - Trev - Recovery - 3 Miles @ 7:45

Joined CL in the middle of her run for the outer loop of Marlay and then threw in Meno's inner loop (sounds wrong in so many ways) :eek: Pace was higher than intended thanks to the 15 year old but legs felt ok... Couldn't say the same about my stomach compliments of a Supermacs chicken box an hour and a half beforehand... I'd need at least 3 hours usually after that sort of stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Thursday - Trev - Recovery - 3 Miles @ 7:45

That's never your recovery pace digger. It's faster than your Marathon pace ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's never your recovery pace digger. It's faster than your Marathon pace ;)

I'm glad to see your attendance at my comedy workshop is paying off ;)

Feeling pretty tired since the Boston trip and the foot injury was still niggling away so decided to take off Fri/Sat/Sun.... Back to running tomorrow and looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Feeling pretty tired since the Boston trip and the foot injury was still niggling away so decided to take off Fri/Sat/Sun.... Back to running tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Is this still the foot injury from the shoelaces or what? :confused:

Is this still the foot injury from the shoelaces or what? :confused:

Yup!

Yup!

Have you been to physio? You've been talking about this for ages...doesn't seem right that you'd still be having problems if its related to the shoe laces. Could be stemming from something completely different and the shoe laces just aggravated it.

Have you been to physio? You've been talking about this for ages...doesn't seem right that you'd still be having problems if its related to the shoe laces. Could be stemming from something completely different and the shoe laces just aggravated it.

No, I'm not great for seeking professional help :confused: I'd say I've broken my foot which would at least make the 3.33 in Boston seem a little better ;)

Now that Boston is over and you have no short term A goals...probably time to get it sorted Digs. Otherwise it'll probably just continue to hang over you when you start kicking things off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

or get runners with velcro

Monday - Easy - 6 at 8:07 pace

Glad to be back out but my legs are bollixed.... No pain thankfully, just totes underpowered. Anyway, hopefully that blow out will help revive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Monday - Easy - 6 at 8:07 pace

Glad to be back out but my legs are bollixed.... No pain thankfully, just totes underpowered. Anyway, hopefully that blow out will help revive them.

Seriously? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

jcsmum wrote: »

I picked up on the same thing!
    I think there must be some kind of Benjamin Button thing going on with Ol' Digger!
    :D

jcsmum wrote: »
    belcarra wrote: »
    I picked up on the same thing!
    I think there must be some kind of Benjamin Button thing going on with Ol' Digger!
    :D

Tongue in cheek guys YOLO ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Tongue in cheek guys YOLO ;)
    Jeez it's bad when I have to google your posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Jeez it's bad when I have to google your posts :rolleyes:

+1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Digger is soooooooooo down with the kids ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Digger is soooooooooo down with the kids ;)

OMG, he is like totes amazeballs.

That's what happens when one hangs around play grounds long enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Digger totally hates when Claralara goes out, nothing worse than being left on your tobler.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Digger totally hates when Claralara goes out, nothing worse than being left on your tobler.:)

It's alright, apparently neighbours call around to him to make sure he's warm and ok for food, just like those community care adverts you see in winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Aimman wrote: »
    It's alright, apparently neighbours call around to him to make sure he's warm and ok for food, .
    they're called hookers,not neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I knew he was into rugby but thats very good of professionals to call in and visit a regular fan. Sure Rory Best has the summer off so he could visit too.

ultraman1 wrote: »
    they're called hookers,not neighbours

I like to look after the neighbours when CL is home and away ;)

Tuesday - Easy - 4 miles at 8.29

Got a late notice of a 60 minute massage today which was a pleasant surprise but not as pleasant as the surprise I got when the therapist in "Pink" turned out to be female. I really thought CL had set me up for a prison rub. Anyway, it turns out that the whole left side of my body is full of knots. That is of course the opposite side to where my broken foot is so has no doubt been taking an extra burden. The therapist had to call another girl in to help cover the guns ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well done bud...I would have post earlier but I went MIA myself the last couple of weeks...Whats next for you???

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Well done bud...I would have post earlier but I went MIA myself the last couple of weeks...Whats next for you???

Thanks Perky, I'm pacing the HM's in Limerick, Kildare and Enniscorthy and then it's 10km training for a couple of months. No longer term plans yet.

Wednesday - 3.33 miles at 7:41

Got home from work and ran up to Tallaght AC to watch the graded meet where CL was running the 800m, met up with Menotherunner and TRR, unfortunately couldn't hang around for ecoli's 800m. Didn't want to run in the graded event itself as I wouldn't trust myself to tale it handy if I'd been lining up on a track with others!! Beautiful evening for a run and I wanted to see how the legs felt when pushing a little harder so happy enough with the outcome.

I'm entered in the Leixlip 5k on Saturday morning so will run this on the way down to Limerick for the pacing gig. No target for the 5k other than a sensible "not risk an injury" pace!

I'm entered in the Leixlip 5k on Saturday morning so will run this on the way down to Limerick for the pacing gig. No target for the 5k other than a sensible "not risk an injury" pace!

PB attempt then?

• Advertisement

PB attempt then?

:) Was thinking more along the lines of finding someone who wants to be paced to a sub 21

Advertisement