Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Don't race it digger, you'll never be fit for a half the next day if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

menoscemo wrote: »

Yeah, what he said!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

blockic wrote: »

what he said, he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

what he said, he said

No way am I racing it, enjoyed it last year so just wanted to support it. In fact, think I'll have a few cans tonight to be sure to be sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »
    No way am I racing it, enjoyed it last year so just wanted to support it. In fact, think I'll have a few cans tonight to be sure to be sure!

Red alert: Note to all runners in the vicinity of digger's arse tomorrow. Don't stand down wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

TRR wrote: »
    Red alert: Note to all runners in the vicinity of digger's arse tomorrow. Don't stand down wind

I'd have said 'Shield your eyes' :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck with tomorrows pb attempt :)

Best of luck with tomorrows pb attempt :)

Genuinely am not racing it.... I'm actually considering running at the pace I need to run for the 1:50 HM tomorrow. Then again, it might be fun to run a 7:45/7:15/6:45 progression. ;) Anyway I've been knackered this week and am a little hungover this morning :pac:

La Cheile 5k - Windy but bright morning in Leixlip. I managed to stick to a disciplined plan and ran mile splits of 6:59, 6:53, 6:48 and 6:04 for the last 10th. Me bird got a new PB of 19:09 despite the wind so I need to set a stronger target for her to aim at as Menostewtherunner's PB is just a formality ;)

In Limerick now and heading out for dinner with some boardsies later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Send a report of the dinner shennanigans will ya!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

La Cheile 5k - Windy but bright morning in Leixlip. I managed to stick to a disciplined plan and ran mile splits of 6:59, 6:53, 6:48 and 6:04 for the last 10th. Me bird got a new PB of 19:09 despite the wind so I need to set a stronger target for her to aim at as Menostewtherunner's PB is just a formality ;)

In Limerick now and heading out for dinner with some boardsies later.

6:04 is a bit slow for .10 :eek:

Cheers for showing me the ropes on Sunday! :cool:

That spot yesterday morning was a great find by ye too. Definitely one to remember on the next visit to Limerick.

Cheers for showing me the ropes on Sunday! :cool:

That spot yesterday morning was a great find by ye too. Definitely one to remember on the next visit to Limerick.

No worries and no bother to you at all! Did you have the full Irish there?

No worries and no bother to you at all! Did you have the full Irish there?

Went for the mini and was pretty good, the stomach wasn't in the form for the full! ;) Loved that 15 reasons to run thing but forgot to take a snap of it!:rolleyes:

Went for the mini and was pretty good, the stomach wasn't in the form for the full! ;) Loved that 15 reasons to run thing but forgot to take a snap of it!:rolleyes:

Don't worry, I took a photo on my phone, will send it on now!

Sunday - Half Marathon - 1.50 pacer - 13.1 miles in 1.49.40

Really good weekend in Limerick, CL drew the short straw and had to pace 1.40 with meno-stew-i-love-gary-ohanlon-therunner whilst I had the pleasure of helping blockic pop his pacing cherry. The weather was lovely and we had a decent group, we sent on a good few runners at the 11-12 mile point and they went on to their targets or better. Unfortunately a lot of our group struggled around the Gaelic Grounds and ended up between.1.52 and 1.54 but still pb's for some. It was a pleasure to run with blockic and I'd wholeheartedly recommend him for future gigs.

Had great craic on the Sunday night, especially in Jerryy Flannery's pub, thanks for.the heads up on that dev. Also great to see Gary O'Hanlon finally fulfill a dream and meet Meno (i have a picture to prove it ;) )

Finally, thanks to runningcoach for all the organising and to meno for picking up the pacers packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

meno-stew-i-love-gary-ohanlon-therunner. Also great to see Gary O'Hanlon finally fulfill a dream and meet Meno (i have a picture to prove it ;) )

Haha there can't be many more names we can fit into his title. I'll see Gary at training this evening and ask him which was his highlight of the weekend, the win or meeting Meno :D

No running since the HM last Sunday, I've started a new job and was travelling during the week so I'll need to come up with a new strategy of lunchtime runs or rush hour avoidance runs!

Right so, thought it wise to at least move the legs as it's been all sitting in meetings/sitting on regional aircraft and sitting in restaurants etc. this week. So, this morning, myself and the Knocklyon Stalker went out and did 4 at 9:02..... Hopefully that will loosen them up for the 1:45 pacing gig at Kildare in the morning!

Hopefully that will loosen them up for the 1:45 pacing gig at Kildare in the morning!

I know she is not as cool as your last pacer so take it easy on her tomorrow! ;)

• Advertisement

Sunday - Kildare HM 1:45 pacing - 13.1 in 1:44:37

Coupled up for this with CL, race went great, loads of boardsies there, well looked after by Anto, he even stoked up the sauna for me and my guns ;)

Also got to meet The Boy Blunder and return some of his underwear and post ;)

Tuesday - 4 miles easy - 4 @ 8:25

Still feeling a bit broken and dehydrated if the colour of my pi55 is anything to go by :eek:
    Looked at both the graded meet and the IMRA uphill race for tonight but things have been non stop for the two of us recently so a nice dinner and relaxed night opted for instead. Hope to get out for a run later though and might try a quick 3 miler. Tomorrow will be a club session.

Thursday - Club Session - holyfook.com

First club session in ages, 1 mile w/up - 6 x 600m with 90 second recovery - 2 mile w/down. I found the 6 x 6's very tough and my breathing was ridiculous.... Looking and sounding like low iron again unfortunately.

Friday - All about Les Bleus in the Amlin...... Great evening.....

Saturday - Recovered from Friday and now heading to the H Cup Final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Are you racing the 5M tomorrow or are you on marshalling duties?

Aimman wrote: »
    Are you racing the 5M tomorrow or are you on marshalling duties?

The latter thankfully!

No running since Thursday, this is partially due to life/work getting in the way and me not being used to planning/preparing for runs at lunchtime or runs to/from work. There's also a bit of me that's not especially motivated to run anyway as I have no goal races and therefore no current plan. I don't think this is such a bad thing as I was pretty battered by Boston.

I'm going to run the 5k tonight (whatever it's called and wherever it is) I'm definitely not in shape to run fast but I'll run hard and it will serve two purposes - 1. It will indicate my fitness level and 2. It will give me a better idea if the iron is low. Blood test is due in any event, I probably should have gotten one when I returned from Boston but I found myself in the midst of a media frenzy ;)

No running since Thursday, this is partially due to life/work getting in the way and me not being used to planning/preparing for runs at lunchtime or runs to/from work. There's also a bit of me that's not especially motivated to run anyway as I have no goal races and therefore no current plan. I don't think this is such a bad thing as I was pretty battered by Boston.

I'm going to run the 5k tonight (whatever it's called and wherever it is) I'm definitely not in shape to run fast but I'll run hard and it will serve two purposes - 1. It will indicate my fitness level and 2. It will give me a better idea if the iron is low. Blood test is due in any event, I probably should have gotten one when I returned from Boston but I found myself in the midst of a media frenzy ;)

Gonna get chicked tonight?

No doubt! Unless Vagga is around to trip her up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Are you going to get chicked tonight ;)

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    Are you going to get chicked tonight ;)

Depends who turns up ;)

Advertisement