Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

DCM specific training begins!

Monday - 4 Easy - 4 at 9 pace - Racecourse loop - Legs were struggling on the long uphill section of this which also happened to be into a stiff breeze. All was fine after that and felt quite strong in the last mile.

DCM Specific day 2

Tuesday - 8 Miles easy - 8.31 @ 8:41

All good this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

digger2d2 wrote: »
    DCM Specific day 2

Tuesday - 8 Miles easy - 8.31 @ 8:41

All good this evening :)

Are you going to be doing your PMP miles at 9mins? :D

blockic wrote: »
    Are you going to be doing your PMP miles at 9mins? :D

Not far off that ;)

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday 6 Easy - 5 @ 8.03
    My watch wasn't picking up a satellite and it was lashing so I headed off, watch kicked in after about. 7 of a mile and my pace was too quick. Found it hard to keep the pace down so I made the decision to cut to 5 miles as pace was meant to be 8.45 ish.

All in all I'm regaining my strength, pretty sure i could have cranked out 5 x 7 min miles yesterday which was not remotely possible a couple of weeks ago. So, for now, I will build the mileage back up and leave sessions off the plan until I'm sure I'm back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Couldn't have been too 'easy' in that rain last night!
    Good to see you getting back to strength. Catch ya tomorrow in the PP.

Saturday - LSR - 12 @ 9:19

Met up with a few usual suspects and a few DCM novices in the Phoenix Park for this.

Tuesday 4-6 Easy - 4 @ 8:33

So, to frame my little report, let me start by saying that I was back at the doctor on Friday and have medication to take for a month. So, this morning's run was like watching a box set.... Shart, the will he or won't he saga.

Disc One - Episode One - Crazy Hour - This episode sees dig and CL head out at 6 am for a largely uneventful first mile.

Disc One - Episode Two - Jungle Rumble - This episode follows the duo on their second mile, they are at 8.22 pace and our hero starts to feel some stomach cramping and sends his partner on ahead.

Disc One - Episode Three - Every Which Way - Our hero battles away as his concerns grow that an accident is waiting to happen. As if this is not bad enough he gets a gag reflex out of nowhere quickly followed by another that stops him in his tracks and has him bent over making strange sounds.

Disc Two - Episode One - Running The Gauntlet - Hero status diminished our star considers his accident prevention options and in one of the best lines in this episode is heard exclaiming "cop on digdig, it's Foxrock, you can't take a dump on Torquay Road. He then invents a new style of running as he keeps the cheeks of his arse together whilst upping the pace urgently... He's half a mile from salvation.

Disc Two - Episode Two - Touch-cloth 'n' Go - Our by now desperate leading man punches the code for the electric gates to the manor. The sounds emanating from his stomach are now making him think of Alien the movie. Like watching a kettle boil the gates seem to take an eternity to allow enough room for him to squeeze through. Taking three steps at a time and bounding into the bathroom whilst reefing down his shorts he pulls the handbrake and skids to a halt. The resultant sounds our hero makes are really not of this world but he's safe now which iscmore than can be said for CL's poor family who will not quickly forget the smells wafting around the landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Oooh, feeling your pain Digger. Had a similar situation on Saturday but thankfully a) I was on the North Circular Road and taking a dump, while not actively encouraged, isn't a big problem, and b) I found a shop with a very nice woman who let me use the loo in the back. Hope you're feeling better now (and the fumigators have been in ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Time for a nappy I reckon.... you are hitting that age now anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Tuesday 4-6 Easy - 4 @ 8:33

So, to frame my little report, let me start by saying that I was back at the doctor on Friday and have medication to take for a month. So, this morning's run was like watching a box set.... Shart, the will he or won't he saga.

Disc One - Episode One - Crazy Hour - This episode sees dig and CL head out at 6 am for a largely uneventful first mile.

Disc One - Episode Two - Jungle Rumble - This episode follows the duo on their second mile, they are at 8.22 pace and our hero starts to feel some stomach cramping and sends his partner on ahead.

Disc One - Episode Three - Every Which Way - Our hero battles away as his concerns grow that an accident is waiting to happen. As if this is not bad enough he gets a gag reflex out of nowhere quickly followed by another that stops him in his tracks and has him bent over making strange sounds.

Disc Two - Episode One - Running The Gauntlet - Hero status diminished our star considers his accident prevention options and in one of the best lines in this episode is heard exclaiming "cop on digdig, it's Foxrock, you can't take a dump on Torquay Road. He then invents a new style of running as he keeps the cheeks of his arse together whilst upping the pace urgently... He's half a mile from salvation.

Disc Two - Episode Two - Touch-cloth 'n' Go - Our by now desperate leading man punches the code for the electric gates to the manor. The sounds emanating from his stomach are now making him think of Alien the movie. Like watching a kettle boil the gates seem to take an eternity to allow enough room for him to squeeze through. Taking three steps at a time and bounding into the bathroom whilst reefing down his shorts he pulls the handbrake and skids to a halt. The resultant sounds our hero makes are really not of this world but he's safe now which iscmore than can be said for CL's poor family who will not quickly forget the smells wafting around the landing.

if you ever started posting actual running updates, no one would read your log

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The poor chambermaid :(

blockic wrote: »
    Time for a nappy I reckon.... you are hitting that age now anyway...
    RayCun wrote: »
    The poor chambermaid :(

:D I have Benny Hill music ringing in my ears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Omfg... i cannot believe what Ive just read. And just before lunch too. Ugh.

Ps shame on you Rachel for encouraging this sort of talk... i have to live with this overally vocal dirtbird!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

claralara wrote: »
    Omfg... i cannot believe what Ive just read. And just before lunch too. Ugh.

Ps shame on you Rachel for encouraging this sort of talk... i have to live with this overally vocal dirtbird!!

Love is blind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

*unfollowed*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I think CL needs to bring out a handful of doggy poo bags in future or she might get a fine if she doesn't clean up after you.

Bet you still managed to stop the garmin when you got to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oh my god...I am laughing so hard I am crying. Wait til I share this at work tomorrow.

Love is blind...

I think your eyesight is good and you were all over me like a rash on Saturday! ;)

Aimman wrote: »
    I think CL needs to bring out a handful of doggy poo bags in future or she might get a fine if she doesn't clean up after you.

Bet you still managed to stop the garmin when you got to the door.

It didn't matter aimmo, the smell stopped every clock in the house :)

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Oh my god...I am laughing so hard I am crying. Wait til I share this at work tomorrow.

How far have i fallen? Virginia used to hear about my amazing guns, now they get tales of my ar5e issues! :);)

I think your eyesight is good and you were all over me like a rash on Saturday! ;)

I was highly offended at being ignored by a minion like yourself. What gives??

I was highly offended at being ignored by a minion like yourself. What gives??

I gave you a sly thumbs up as i din't want my new internet weirdo friends to know i knew you as you were running soooooo slow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I gave you a sly thumbs up as i din't want my new internet weirdo friends to know i knew you as you were running soooooo slow ;)

Geez thanks.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Geez thanks.

Bit hypocrtitial innit? Since he was the predator who posted the meet up thread...

Bit hypocrtitial innit? Since he was the predator who posted the meet up thread...

Have you been hanging out with big log?

Wednesday - MLR - 8.25 miles at 8:41.

This went a little better than expected. Legs still feel a bit wrecked but used the foam roller and I didn't have any real areas that were sore etc.

Have you been hanging out with big log?

Who is big log?

Who is big log?

Big Logger

• Advertisement

Friday - 4 miles at 8:41

Saturday - Camera duty at the 10 mile. Some great runs out there, CL's new pb being my favourite ;)

Sunday - LSR - This was meant to be 14 miles but i cut it short to 10 due to a couple of niggles. It's starting to get a little frustrating but going to organise a rub down, so will see how that goes.

Advertisement