Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

digger2d2 wrote: »

I'm starting to get a little frustrating but going to organise a rub down, so will see how that goes.

Biting my virtual tongue ..........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

kit3 wrote: »
    Biting my virtual tongue ..........:rolleyes:

Sounds dodgy alright ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Saturday - Camera duty at the 10 mile. Some great runs out there, CL's new pb being my favourite ;)

:D

I ren as fast as i could like I learned in the school for kids who can't run good coz I just missed you so much and had to get back to hear one of your jokes before the withdrawal got real real bad!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

claralara wrote: »
    :D

I ren as fast as i could like I learned in the school for kids who can't run good coz I just missed you so much and had to get back to hear one of your jokes before the withdrawal got real real bad!! ;)

Puke

Monday - 4 Miles recovery - 3 at 9 minute pace followed by a slow 1 mile

• Advertisement

Tuesday - MLR - 10

10 @ 8:35

Did laps of Bushy Park for this (about 12.5). Felt very strong until about the 7/8 mile mark when the legs began to stiffen a bit and I started to get some heel pain again. Booking a session with a PT to see what the issue is.

Thursday - 3 Mile recovery - 3 at 8:53

Early run, not good.... Stiffer than Justin Bobby at a pool party and breathing like meno in the Meanies factory :eek:;):D

Saturday - 14 Mile LSR - 14 @ 8:50

Was meant to meet up with a group in the park for this but I went to bed with a runny nose on Friday night and woke up with a head cold.... No point in snezzing my germs over others! Although the legs, again, were dead in the last few miles I actually enjoyed this run more than I have most in the last couple of months.

I decided to head toward Dun Laoighaire and stalk the stalker so to speak ;) Despite continuing through Glasthule, Sandycove, Cloiemore Road and eventually the Vico Road I didn't spot meno'stalk or his quarry marthastew! :D

Sunday - Recovery - 2.5 at 9:10

Not a huge amount to say about this, tried to run into town to pick up the car with CL but was told in her, now legendary, gentle manner, to cop the fcuk on!! So I headed out the lossen up the bandy ole legs. :D

Monday - 4 miles easy - 4 @ 8:14

Stepped this up a little pace-wise just to see how the lungs would feel. Glad I did but I've got some work to do to get back to where I was. The guns are looking a little neglected so I'll be giving them some work over the next few weeks. Waiting for TRR to send on some workouts but I'll be using both arms..... He has a serious bicep on that right arm but sorely lacking on the left, not quite sure how he's managed that ;)

Monday - 4 miles easy - 4 @ 8:14

Stepped this up a little pace-wise just to see how the lungs would feel. Glad I did but I've got some work to do to get back to where I was. The guns are looking a little neglected so I'll be giving them some work over the next few weeks. Waiting for TRR to send on some workouts but I'll be using both arms..... He has a serious bicep on that right arm but sorely lacking on the left, not quite sure how he's managed that ;)

I actually strained a muscle in my right bicep two weeks back and it's been killing me. Don't know how I did it actually!!!!!

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    I actually strained a muscle in my right bicep two weeks back and it's been killing me. Don't know how I did it actually!!!!!

I heard Peter M. takes a bit of warming up alright ;)

I heard Peter M. takes a bit of warming up alright ;)

Between this and your emails today you are on fire. I feel violated :)

Recent report....

In an effort to help the legs recover I did zero running Tuesday through Saturday. I did however play golf on Friday for the second time in 18 months and my legs were shattered afterwards. Got up on Saturday and had DOMS city!! Went along to the BHAA 10k and met up with a few of the regulars as well as Slogger Jogger who I don't think I'd seen since last year's DCM pacers dinner! CL again put in a great (and very comfortable) performance with 2nd place in a new PB of 39:30 ish..!!??

Sunday - Got up again feeling creaky/domsy/lacticky etc. etc. and went out with The Foot and The Nordie... My observations of this run were - Miles 1-4 legs creaky, hamstrings tight, heel ok..... Miles 5 - 7 legs a little better, hamstrings fine, heel a little sore, do I have my right shoe tied too tightly... Mile 8 - Ouch, my instep, shoe too tight, heel sore... Mile 9 - Better stop, kneel down and loosen the lace... Sh1t, not easy to get back up.... Miles 10 - 12... Legs dead, heel sore, instep sore. Finished this a very unhappy digdig...

Sunday night, beers with CL, Meno and Marthastew and then later got to watch Meno giving it loads as he scabbed smokes off a Cork girl.... He's quite the smoothie when he needs to be :D;)

Monday, a new week - I'll rest today and then it's time to do more miles at aerobic pace and see how I get on. I will get the foot thing looked at but with regards to the constant aching and lack of power in the legs I just think I'll wake up some morning soon and it will have gone away (a little like CL hopes with me) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I just think I'll wake up some morning soon and it will have gone away (a little like CL hopes with me) ;)

:D Your legs might be gone but your humour is not! ;)

Sent my congrats to the missus on the sub 40!

You walking saturday? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

She can do a lot better than that.

The race time I mean, not you. :D

blockic wrote: »
    :D Your legs might be gone but your humour is not! ;)

Sent my congrats to the missus on the sub 40!

You walking saturday? :D

Every day I'm shuffling...... ;)

She can do a lot better than that.

The race time I mean, not you. :D

Well.... OBVIOUSLY on both counts ;)

She actually did the first lap (5k) in 19:30 and she was yapping to the guy running beside her. There's a sub 37:xx there soon I think.....

Only a matter of time before I lose my last household PB

Tuesday - Early run - 4 @ 8:55 - Actually wore the HRM for the first time in about a year but although I could see the heart symbol on the watch it didn't actually give me a HR reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Tuesday - Early run - 4 @ 8:55 - Actually wore the HRM for the first time in about a year but although I could see the heart symbol on the watch it didn't actually give me a HR reading.

You're obviously heartless so! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Was the pacemaker interfering? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Only a matter of time before I lose my last household PB

What's that? 5k? ;);)

menoscemo wrote: »
    What's that? 5k? ;);)

Yes, it was....

She broke it last night, 10k PB Saturday, LSR Sunday, 5K PB Tuesday.... Oh to be young again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Yes, it was....

She broke it last night, 10k PB Saturday, LSR Sunday, 5K PB Tuesday.... Oh to be young again ;)

I didn't realise you lived with a Bernie?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I was 100% focused around 3.5km into the race when I heard some piercing voice shouting above all others. I thought nothing of it at first, but a few seconds later when I heard the words "Oh, come on Orna!" I realised Marthastew was shouting to my left and Claralara was running on my right (on her way back to the finish line) and I actually saw neither of them!
    Thought I was hearing things then when I couldn't find her name in the results...but now I see she was running incognito!

claralara wrote: »
    I didn't realise you lived with a Bernie?! ;)

They say variety is the spice of life ;)

belcarra wrote: »
    I was 100% focused around 3.5km into the race when I heard some piercing voice shouting above all others. I thought nothing of it at first, but a few seconds later when I heard the words "Oh, come on Orna!" I realised Marthastew was shouting to my left and Claralara was running on my right (on her way back to the finish line) and I actually saw neither of them!
    Thought I was hearing things then when I couldn't find her name in the results...but now I see she was running incognito!

I shouted for you first time down the North Side of the quays and you sort of turned your head in a very slow fashion (the way 100 mile runners do) ;) but you were too late to see me, your loss big-time!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I shouted for you first time down the North Side of the quays and you sort of turned your head in a very slow fashion (the way 100 mile runners do) ;) but you were too late to see me, your loss big-time!! ;):D

I heard you!!
    I just didn't see you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

belcarra wrote: »

What a pity I didn't see you J, it was VERY busy and very hard to spot people, plus I didn't know you we're running, I would have definitely given you a big shout out. It was a great evening for a race, I really enjoyed my stint as Marshallstew.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday (where CL is sure to make it 3 PBs in one week)
    Auntie Stew is making Rice Krispie buns, an extra incentive for everyone
    to run fast:):)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday (where CL is sure to make it 3 PBs in one week)

Well if she doesn't run a BIG pb it was because of her shenanigans last night! Bernie is a bad influence on her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

TRR wrote: »
    Well if she doesn't run a BIG pb it was because of her shenanigans last night! Bernie is a bad influence on her!!!

She bloody better be ready for Saturday after the abuse she has given me. And a BIG pb will be needed to cover for me not reaching target :rolleyes:

Advertisement