Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Sh1t....Did I get your address wrong?

Surely not. Not with the amount of time you spend creeping around my property?! By the way, don't give up the day job..the neighbours are starting to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    Not with the amount of time you spend creeping around my property?!.

I have so many ways to answer this......:eek:

I have so many ways to answer this......:eek:

Be careful now. Your parole officer is keeping tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And the local vigilantes. :pac:

And the local vigilantes. :pac:

Oh oh...They are ganging up......

• Advertisement

Went out today and did 5.57 miles at 8:51 pace.....Still feeling quite tough and legs have a bit of lactic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

come on dude - there is a lack of movement on your blog -

Sometimes when you go on holiday you can find it hard to get back into the swing of things again. You have got to get back into your zone, get out and make those runs even if you are not feeling up to it.

Dont let all your hard work go to waste - come on ...

"You are never a loser until you quit trying" - Mike Ditka;)

showit wrote: »
    come on dude - there is a lack of movement on your blog -

Sometimes when you go on holiday you can find it hard to get back into the swing of things again. You have got to get back into your zone, get out and make those runs even if you are not feeling up to it.

Dont let all your hard work go to waste - come on ...

"You are never a loser until you quit trying" - Mike Ditka;)

Wise words indeed showit.....It's the house hunting that's taking up all my time!

Heading off to the IMRA race in Trooperston in Wicklow in the next 10 mins....Absolutely exhausted, haven't slept well recently. Setting no goals for this race other than to get some fresh air in my lungs and try not fall over...Report later!

Dear God, I found this morning's race very tough. I set off quickly enough thinking it was a bit uphill and then flattened out, I was wrong!! I was breathing like a....(No, I won't say).... after a mile or so and by mile 2/3 my HR was pretty high....I had a good spell at about 4 miles and made up a good few places but an uphill bit again took the wind out of my sails and lungs !! and the serious descent at mile 5-ish was really tough on the legs to try keep the speed under control...nearly fell once or twice.

So, 6.45 miles at 9.55 pace...Results not yet up so don't know how I fared but considering that last night I went out drinking as had decided I was too wrecked to run this race I'm happy enough with my effort and 100% the right decision to run it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

well done on that mountain run today digger. From reading the tread on the main forum it looks like a tough race.

I was looking through the pictures of the race and found a nice one of you:

digger.png

menoscemo wrote: »
    well done on that mountain run today digger. From reading the tread on the main forum it looks like a tough race.

I was looking through the pictures of the race and found a nice one of you:

digger.png

:D:D.....That was in the first 100 metres so I looked ok!! I've just signed up for Mallow so I must PM you re; booking the train!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

You're looking well there horse, have you been moisturing?

mrslow wrote: »
    You're looking well there horse, have you been moisturing?

Yep, some expensive stuff I got in BT's...Great for my face but made my hands drop off!!

Update from yesterday's IMRA race in Trooperstown....I finished 109th which is an improvement from my 127th place finish in my one and only previous mountain race...

Oh, I finished 12th in the M40 category which sounds better until the reality of being M40 kicks in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

proud of you man - fair play :)

Update from yesterday's IMRA race in Trooperstown....I finished 109th which is an improvement from my 127th place finish in my one and only previous mountain race...

Oh, I finished 12th in the M40 category which sounds better until the reality of being M40 kicks in ;)

They don't have a male 45 category then? :D

They don't have a male 45 category then? :D

Afraid not...Otherwise I'd join you in it next year ;)

Afraid not...Otherwise I'd join you in it next year ;)

Chuckle chuckle, I won't kick you when you're down.

Nice racing Dad!:P:pac:

• Advertisement

Right...I should have done a short recovery run on Monday or Tuesday but I was just too sore...Went out today and did 4.64 miles at 8:55 pace.

Leg muscles still sore, knees, ankles and feet still sore....I think I may have run my last Mountain Race as my road LSR recovery time is typically 24 hours and my IMRA recovery time is looking more like 72 plus hours and is just eating into my normal running :confused:

Right...I should have done a short recovery run on Monday or Tuesday but I was just too sore...Went out today and did 4.64 miles at 8:55 pace.

Leg muscles still sore, knees, ankles and feet still sore....I think I may have run my last Mountain Race as my road LSR recovery time is typically 24 hours and my IMRA recovery time is looking more like 72 plus hours and is just eating into my normal running :confused:

Forget about those mountains chief, they're bad for you.

Forget about those mountains chief, they're bad for you.

In fairness and so as not to put anyone else off....I did zero mountain training....There's no doubt that your legs/ankles are exposed to additional twisting and turning etc. and it would make sense to prepare accordingly. Any residual sports injuries I carry would also be more susceptible to the rigors of the off road stuff....

I would encourage anyone to try it though as they are a great bunch of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I kinda feel the same about the hill running I did at the weekend (well unofficial hill running!). It made my last 2 runs very sluggish. I think I'll just stick to the flat and maybe do the odd hill every so often or hill reps.
    I'm sure the hill running is great for building up strength and stamima but they sure hurt the following few days. :(

You might find these a useful aid to recovery? Centrum-Select50-new.jpg

Low blow!

Very funny.....Smart as5 ;)
    Low blow!

Well, I guess a low blow is better than no blow at all :D

So you're funny, smart and have a great as5 ;)

Why thank you! *blush* :D

So you're funny, smart and have a great as5;)
    Why thank you! *blush* :D

Pillow case full of Gremlins mean anything to you?

• Advertisement

Right so, yesterday consisted of a round of golf in Druids Glen and I carried my clubs so I'm taking that as a reasonable cross training session :)

Went out this morning and did a form of tempo running or Fartlek or something like that...First mile at 9:15 pace and second at sub 8 pace...and continued to alternate for the 6.33 mile distance. It was tough when I turned back into the headwind on the Firhouse Rd. and my pace dropped a bit but I ended up doing the 6.33 miles at an average pace of 8:35 - I must learn to use the 'Lap' function on my Garmin!!

Legs still feeling it from last weeks race and I won't be running the last Winter League race tomorrow...There, sensible decision made for once!

Advertisement