Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Monday - 3 recovery - 3 @ 9.15

Legs seem to have recovered well from yesterday's 20 miler which is quite surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What's the race course loop, digger?

What's the race course loop, digger?

Starts outside Downton Abbey ;) on Torquay Rd, head up Brighton, turn at Glenamuck Rd North, down the hill toward the Luas , turn right and climb to tge rounabout, head up the slip Rd toward Westwood, continue right through the racecourse out onto Leopardstown Rd and down to Torquay again. The outer loop ignores the racecourse and heads up the road that sub4 is on past the Glencairn? Luas and back over the M50 and down by Mountainview etc.

We swap direction occasionaly, I had that hill at Glenamuck Rd. Nth to go up at about 18 miles the other day, good prep for Clonskeagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Starts outside Downton Abbey ;) on Torquay Rd, head up Brighton, turn at Glenamuck Rd North, down the hill toward the Luas , turn right and climb to tge rounabout, head up the slip Rd toward Westwood, continue right through the racecourse out onto Leopardstown Rd and down to Torquay again. The outer loop ignores the racecourse and heads up the road that sub4 is on past the Glencairn? Luas and back over the M50 and down by Mountainview etc.

We swap direction occasionaly, I had that hill at Glenamuck Rd. Nth to go up at about 18 miles the other day, good prep for Clonskeagh!

I usually run part of that loop when running during working hours. Add a couple of miles to the inner loop by heading up to the Leopardstown Road, down to the Stillorgan road and back up Westminster road. It takes away the terrible boredom of the Ballyogan Road.

BTW, that shop, Sub4 or Irishfit, or whatever, is moving (or has moved) to a new premises in Sandyford Ind. Estate, close to the Beacon. Luckily I only get Bodyglide there. If they improve their range, I'll be fcuked with it being so close to work :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

PaulieC wrote: »
    BTW, that shop, Sub4 or Irishfit, or whatever, is moving (or has moved) to a new premises in Sandyford Ind. Estate, close to the Beacon. Luckily I only get Bodyglide there. If they improve their range, I'll be fcuked with it being so close to work :P

Where abouts?

For research...

• Advertisement

Where abouts?

For research...

Sandyford Ind. Estate, close to the Beacon :D

That's as much as I know. Their site still lists their location as ballyogan road so maybe they've not moved yet.

I usually run part of that loop when running during working hours. Add a couple of miles to the inner loop by heading up to the Leopardstown Road, down to the Stillorgan road and back up Westminster road. It takes away the terrible boredom of the Ballyogan Road.

Sub4 and IrishFit are seperate entities. Sub4 is in the same Business Park as my workplace, while Irishfit was next door. Sub4 seems to have become sub4sport.com, but still list their address as Ballyogan. IrishFit still list the same address on their website? Like you, I wouldn't go in there for anything but Bodyglide (and even that's a rip-off).

Thanks Digs. Thought the race-course loop might include the actual race-course. I know Pronator has run it before, just wondering if anyone else was brave enough?!

That's as much as I know. Their site still lists their location as ballyogan road so maybe they've not moved yet.

If it's Irish Fit that has moved I'm not interested. Close to the Beacon here and very curious if it's sub4...

Where abouts?

For research...

I'm sure someone has knocked her off her bike there at least once :D

Sub4 and IrishFit are seperate entities. Sub4 is in the same Business Park as my workplace, while Irishfit was next door. Sub4 seems to have become sub4sport.com, but still list their address as Ballyogan. IrishFit still list the same address on their website? Like you, I wouldn't go in there for anything but Bodyglide (and even that's a rip-off).

Thanks Digs. Thought the race-course loop might include the actual race-course. I know Pronator has run it before, just wondering if anyone else was brave enough?!

Maybe that's where the confusion arose, them being so close. I know one of the guys who runs Sub4, he's a runner himself.
    I still am fascinated at the level of antipathy shown towards irishfit on these boards. They don't have a great selection of gear which is why I never go in there and the Bodyglide is no more expensive than the only other shop I bought it in (Rock+Snow)

Sorry Dig for the tangent btw

• Advertisement

Maybe that's where the confusion arose, them being so close. I know one of the guys who runs Sub4, he's a runner himself.
    I still am fascinated at the level of antipathy shown towards irishfit on these boards. They don't have a great selection of gear which is why I never go in there and the Bodyglide is no more expensive than the only other shop I bought it in (Rock+Snow)
    I've been visiting them for years (since they were located in Dun Laoghaire). Always reminds me of this, when I call in. Bodyglide was €16 when I last bought it from them (IIRC). €12 in Amphibian King. Anyway, they seem to be as 'ever present' as they have always been, and doesn't look like they have moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Some years ago I went to run there, and was run off the premises sharpish by security men in a van. There was (of course) no horse-race on, and there's a nice loop of access track outside the course - but not for the likes of uz, it seems. Maybe things have changed (?).

The reservoirs on Brewery Road were the other attractive place to run back then, but again it was verboten due to health and safety or some such sh1te. Dunno if that's feasible these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sorry Dig for the tangent btw

I dislike them because they run ripoff races that are badly organised, badly measured and generally cost a fortune. They also have had a few 'shill' accounts here on boards before which has put me off them. These accounts only used to post things about how great their shop/race/online service was. Caught one of their accounts once, reported it and got it banned; was delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    I dislike them because they run ripoff races that are badly organised, badly measured and generally cost a fortune. They also have had a few 'shill' accounts here on boards before which has put me off them. These accounts only used to post things about how great their shop/race/online service was. Caught one of their accounts once, reported it and got it banned; was delighted :D

The fcukers were supposed to chip time a race I organised a few years ago and after confirming everything on the Friday they stopped taking my calls! Add to that their **** delivery and rip off prices.

Thursday - 2.5 miles at 7:30 pace.... Liven up the legs time..... Didn't look at my watch until about 2 miles and felt I was flying along circa 6:30's...... Not the case!

Very disappointed to find it's Irish Fit that has moved to the Sandyford Industrial Estate

Very disappointed to find it's Irish Fit that has moved to the Sandyford Industrial Estate
    I'm a little happier. :)

I'm a little happier. :)

You are or your credit card is? :D

Friday - 11 miles @ 9.02 pace - All good

Although I did the 11 miles last night I had the Marlay Parkrun in mind this morning if I felt ok.... I did, so, off we went. I ran at about 90% effort and felt quite good until we turned and hit that short sharp incline, the legs emptied but I gathered myself together and had a decent last mile to finish in 20:15 which I'm quite happy with considering 7:30 miles is the fastest I've run in ages. CL had a great run and won the ladies race in 18:47 :)

• Advertisement

CL had a great run and was first finisher in the ladies division

FYP ;)

FYP ;)

Is that Parkrun lingo are are you being a knob?

Is that Parkrun lingo are are you being a knob?

Both

Is that Parkrun lingo or are you being a knob?

FYP

TRR wrote: »
    Both

Haha why? That's the offical Parkrun lingo as there are no winners and there are actually no races ;)

Looking at the results today seems like the logs on here had winners first finishers in Griffeen, Westport, Marlay and Malahide.
    Some going!!

Haha why? That's the offical Parkrun lingo as there are no winners and there are actually no races ;)

Looking at the results today seems like the logs on here had winners first finishers in Griffeen, Westport, Marlay and Malahide.
    Some going!!

And course records in 2 ;)

Feel fine this morning after immersing my inner spirit in the Marlay Parkrun yesterday. The feeling of being able to gather with like-minded human beings and push both mind and body whilst not actually racing I find somewhat perplexing. Anyway, both myself and CL lit a fire on the beach last night, nibbled on tofu and sang Kumbaya ;)

TRR wrote: »
    And course records in 2 ;)

And the WINNER of the Ladies' RACE in Marlay ;):)

Sunday - Went into watch the Gerry Farnan XC and then did 4 recovery miles afterwards with CL..... She's actually starting to widen the gap between us whilst running... A real sign that her TM has begun ;):D

• Advertisement

Sunday - Went into watch the Gerry Farnan XC and then did 4 recovery miles afterwards with CL..... She's actually starting to widen the gap between us whilst running... A real sign that her TM has begun ;):D

Great pictures of the women on Facebook you dirty dog. Still no pics of moi from Donadea I see!!!!!

Advertisement