Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

TRR wrote: »
    Great pictures of the women on Facebook you dirty dog. Still no pics of moi from Donadea I see!!!!!

:D....

I goy a lesson last night in setting up photo ''albums''.... Donadea to follow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »
    :D....

I goy a lesson last night in setting up photo ''albums''.... Donadea to follow ;)

Will that contain women exclusively as well?

Will that contain women exclusively as well?

They are certainly kinder on the camera ;)

Monday and Tuesday - No runs, travelling with work

Wednesday - Early 3 mile easy run (well, easy actually being faster than my PMP :D)

Thursday - 5 and a bit miles of easy progression - 9:34, 9:08, 8:55, 8:49, 8:18 and 6:51 for the last few hundred metres to stretch the legs out

• Advertisement

Saturday - Early start with CL - 3 Miles easy with a few sets of strides. Heading over to volunteer at the Marlay Parkrun now.

Got a leg rub on Thursday evening, first one in nearly a year!! Went to a new guy connected with the club. Takes no prisoners but works his socks off on the legs... Well worth it! As expected, I have some issues on the outside of my left calf and tightness in my lower right calf which is causing my heel issues. Stretching and icing to do.

Sunday - Early, 20 mins with some strides followed by breakfast and a trip to marthastews for some savage coffee served in a china cup for the Officer. Headed in then to the Expo to do a couple of hours on the pacer's stand.

The keys on the laptop are worn through as a result of CL's epic report...

So, this will be brief....

4:10 group - Enjoyed every moment of it, thanks to my fellow pacer's Ruthann and Dave. We started together, daisy-chained the group out after 6/7 miles and eventually finished together, chip time of 4:09:45..... Nice! ;):D Got loads of people home inside their goal and had great craic along the way. Thanks also to Kurt Godel and Hard Worker for all the organisation!

Have taken a week off running and will be back in sneakers today. Plan is to effectively do a 10k training spell and planning the following... the Goal Mile on Christmas Day, a training Marathon on New Year's Eve, Raheny 5 Mile at the end of January (going to give this a right go and if training goes well it will be a sub 30 attempt) and then the goal race of the year... The London Marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Have taken a week off

Did you take a week off in Fantasy Football too? :P:D

blockic wrote: »
    Did you take a week off in Fantasy Football too? :P:D

I'd love to say I did... Bad choices... Desperate week for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd love to say I did... Bad choices... Desperate week for me!

Jesus, you'd an even worse week than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

The keys on the laptop are worn through as a result of CL's epic report...

So, this will be brief....

4:10 group - Enjoyed every moment of it, thanks to my fellow pacer's Ruthann and Dave. We started together, daisy-chained the group out after 6/7 miles and eventually finished together, chip time of 4:09:45..... Nice! ;):D Got loads of people home inside their goal and had great craic along the way. Thanks also to Kurt Godel and Hard Worker for all the organisation!

Have taken a week off running and will be back in sneakers today. Plan is to effectively do a 10k training spell and planning the following... the Goal Mile on Christmas Day, a training Marathon on New Year's Eve, Raheny 5 Mile at the end of January (going to give this a right go and if training goes well it will be a sub 30 attempt) and then the goal race of the year... The London Marathon.

A training marathon on New Year's Eve? Did you just slot that in there to see if we're actually paying attention while reading your log?;) Did Aimann get you drunk in McGrattans and sign you up? I've seen photos of you in a tux you should be partying on New Year's Eve :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

:eek: Come again?? you aren't doing that one out in Kilcock are you? Pretty much all trail and pretty mucky from what I hear...

Marthastew wrote: »
    A training marathon on New Year's Eve? Did you just slot that in there to see if we're actually paying attention while reading your log?;) Did Aimann get you drunk in McGrattans and sign you up? I've seen photos of you in a tux you should be partying on New Year's Eve :)

I might run in a tux ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    :eek: Come again?? you aren't doing that one out in Kilcock are you? Pretty much all trail and pretty mucky from what I hear...

Sounds like you're going a bit soft since you moved out of Clondalkin ;)

Monday - DCM Recovery run - 2.5 miles at 8:45 pace

After a mile of this I thought I had no leftovers fro DCM but coming into the latter half I could start to feel tight hamstrings and a litle tenderness around the ankles. Good to get back out though!

yep it's all basically trail but there are only two spots that could be messy and would require a fair bit of rain.

yep it's all basically trail but there are only two spots that could be messy and would require a fair bit of rain.

I know that the lads doing it last year were over an hour outside their normal times....

I know that the lads doing it last year were over an hour outside their normal times....

must have been fat after Christmas ;) I think most people used it as a training run rather than for a time. I'm doing it myself and will juts tip around in 3.20 or so

must have been fat after Christmas ;) I think most people used it as a training run rather than for a time. I'm doing it myself and will juts tip around in 3.20 or so

So we've lost another from the Howth-Greystones run list :o
    I would have considered that one in Kilcock too but hoping to do the 5k on New Years day. Maybe this year I'll finish it ;)

• Advertisement

I would have considered that one in Kilcock too but hoping to do the 5k on New Years day. Maybe this year I'll finish it ;)

They won't have Auntie Stew's Rice Krispie buns in Kilcock; Howth to Greystones wins hands down:)

Howth to greystones is the 27th and there is a 15 mile option is there not? Can't see why both can't be done. Not as if they are the same day!
    They won't have Auntie Stew's Rice Krispie buns in Kilcock; Howth to Greystones wins hands downsmile.png

I'm sure you hadn't one ear marked for me anyway as apparently I'm "bold"

Wednesday - 3 Mile Progression - 9:12, 8:18, 7:28

This felt quite good, glad to get out and I felt great in the last mile. Now if only coach would allow CL back out running then my life would be easier ;)
    Met up with Meno for the Arsenal match and a pint afterwards, The Lep Inn is very easy on the eye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Wednesday - 3 Mile Progression - 9:12, 8:18, 7:28

This felt quite good, glad to get out and I felt great in the last mile. Now if only coach would allow CL back out running then my life would be easier ;)
    Met up with Meno for the Arsenal match and a pint afterwards, The Lep Inn is very easy on the eye :D

As a rabid Arsenal fan, I was delighted to see them get absolutely hammered, but still win 1 - 0.

Didn't know you had a fetish for pub architecture...oh wait...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A bit young for you, I'd have thought? You need to get yourself down to the Galloping Green for some proper old man pints. :)

A bit young for you, I'd have thought? :)

I await the comments to the contrary ;)

Izoard wrote: »
    As a rabid Arsenal fan, I was delighted to see them get absolutely hammered, but still win 1 - 0.

Didn't know you had a fetish for pub architecture...oh wait...:)

The game looked completely different after Arsenal scored. Prior to that I thought it was only a matter of time for BD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

The game looked completely different after Arsenal scored. Prior to that I thought it was only a matter of time for BD

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think Arsenal are the real deal just yet - aside from Sagna, the back 4 always seem moments away from calamity.

Still, doing over Man U this weekend, will be a nice bonus....

Howth to greystones is the 27th and there is a 15 mile option is there not? Can't see why both can't be done. Not as if they are the same day!

I'm sure you hadn't one ear marked for me anyway as apparently I'm "bold"

That's a lot of slow miles in one week, has DrQuirky finally convinced you to run an Ultra;)

Quote from the rant thread;)
    hate people who always have smiles on their faces. They are just asking for a punch
    You are indeed 'bold' but we love you anyway (said with a smile on my face:D) of course I'll have you a Rice Krispie bun with your name on it

• Advertisement

That's a lot of slow miles in one week, has DrQuirky finally convinced you to run an Ultra;)

Quote from the rant thread;)
    hate people who always have smiles on their faces. They are just asking for a punch
    You are indeed 'bold' but we love you anyway (said with a smile on my face:D) of course I'll have you a Rice Krispie bun with your name on it

who said they would be slow ;)

Smiles accompanied with rice krispie buns are allowed :)

Advertisement