Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Friday - 3 Mile Progression - 8:11, 7:27 & 6:44

Woke up feeling a little ropey, was fookin freezing yesterday, anyway, went out for the run.... Felt hard enough and am pretty sure the heart rate was higher than normal but glad to get out.

So, that's the end of the structure-less DCM recovery and now I'm back into something with a bit more routine. It will still be easy-ish running for the next two weeks.

Monday - 4 miles easy - 4 @ 8:17 - What was slightly interesting about this run was that although it wasn't intended it was a 4 mile progression with times of - 8:36, 8:26, 8:22, 7:54.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Digger - Are you doing both Raheny 5 miler and Donadea 50km by any chance?
    If so, how are you intending to combine short fast training with the long stuff?
    Stuck in a bit of a quandary regarding this myself...

belcarra wrote: »
    Digger - Are you doing both Raheny 5 miler and Donadea 50km by any chance?
    If so, how are you intending to combine short fast training with the long stuff?
    Stuck in a bit of a quandary regarding this myself...

I'm racing Raheny but most likely crewing Donadea..... The plan (although highly subject to change ;)) is to race the fook out of the London Marathon and I don't think the 50k in Feb would do me any favours with regard to that. Currently I'm miles off where I need to be regarding a sub 30 in Raheny but if the training goes well between now and then I am capable of it. So, will be doing lots of sessions, fartlek etc. but will still keep a decent weekly longer run in the routine.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I'm racing Raheny but most likely crewing Donadea..... The plan (although highly subject to change ;)) is to race the fook out of the London Marathon and I don't think the 50k in Feb would do me any favours with regard to that. Currently I'm miles off where I need to be regarding a sub 30 in Raheny but if the training goes well between now and then I am capable of it. So, will be doing lots of sessions, fartlek etc. but will still keep a decent weekly longer run in the routine.

Cheers Digger.
    My plan during xmas and the new year will be focused on Raheny (and Tuam 8km the week before).
    However, I plan on running Donadea too but have given up on my aim to hit sub 4hrs there and just use it as an LSR instead.
    Not sure if I will go to Barca or Manchester for main Spring marathon yet. If Barca then the 50km 4 weeks beforehand will have to be extremely easy pace...hmmm, decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Cheers Digger.
    My plan during xmas and the new year will be focused on Raheny (and Tuam 8km the week before).
    However, I plan on running Donadea too but have given up on my aim to hit sub 4hrs there and just use it as an LSR instead.
    Not sure if I will go to Barca or Manchester for main Spring marathon yet. If Barca then the 50km 4 weeks beforehand will have to be extremely easy pace...hmmm, decisions, decisions!

think I'm sold on Manchester over Barcelona - timing more than anything else is the main factor.
    But with regard to Marathons in April, Manchester seems like a really good option.

think I'm sold on Manchester over Barcelona - timing more than anything else is the main factor.
    But with regard to Marathons in April, Manchester seems like a really good option.

Cool, drop me a PM if you go ahead and book it.
    Main attraction to Manchester is that it's a week before London so great opportunity to put it up to that gang! See how many people beat Meno to sub 3!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Cool, drop me a PM if you go ahead and book it.
    Main attraction to Manchester is that it's a week before London so great opportunity to put it up to that gang! See how many people beat Meno to sub 3!!:D

:rolleyes:

Same day as manchester and just up the road. This is the fastest Marathon I ever did. Maybe worth considering as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

thanks Meno - great to have a choice!

The attraction with Manchester is:
    * April suits me better, personally.
    * I was looking for something with a 'big city' feel.
    * Pacers
    * Decent number of people going for sub 3.
    * Flat.
    * Lower chance of very warm weather or wind.

Manchester ticks these boxes (for now).

Sorry for the intrusion Digger (probably not the 1st time you've heard that line)

thanks Meno - great to have a choice!

The attraction with Manchester is:
    * April suits me better, personally.
    Blackpool is on the same day as G.Manchester
    * I was looking for something with a 'big city' feel.
    Doubt you'll get that here. G.Manchester is not the manchester marathon: it doesn't go near the city and is run around country roads, calling in a few towns. Blackpool is 2 laps of the city (admittedly a dull city!!)
    * Pacers
    * Decent number of people going for sub 3.
    Check out last years results in Blackpool 20 runners between 2:58 and 3:02, they must have had a pacer too, if not plenty to work with
    * Flat.
    Blackpool is dead flat
    * Lower chance of very warm weather or wind.
    Same

Manchester ticks these boxes (for now).

Sorry for the intrusion Digger (probably not the 1st time you've heard that line)

fair enough, G.Mannchester is a bigger race but that's about it...

• Advertisement

63 between 2:58 and 3:02 in Manchester.
    162 people went sub 3 in Manchester, only 25 in Blackpool.
    Everything about them looks like Manchester would be quicker.
    Also, course profile has Blackpool with 104m elevation gain and Manchester as 54m.

I know you ran a really good time in Blackpool, but just imagine how much quicker you'd have been in Manchester!:p

Having said all that, first female home in Blackpool was 3:21 - Claralara & Marthastew: Get thyselves there!!

63 between 2:58 and 3:02 in Manchester.
    162 people went sub 3 in Manchester, only 25 in Blackpool.
    Everything about them looks like Manchester would be quicker.
    Also, course profile has Blackpool with 104m elevation gain and Manchester as 54m.

I know you ran a really good time in Blackpool, but just imagine how much quicker you'd have been in Manchester!:p

Having said all that, first female home in Blackpool was 3:21 - Claralara & Marthastew: Get thyselves there!!

I got less than that: 214ft or about 60m?? http://connect.garmin.com/activity/157329956. I don't see any Garmin Profile of the Manchester route the Mapmyrun route looks bumpy enough, I'd have to be shown more evidence of a 54m gain...(apparently they advertised the Yorkshire Marathon as the flattest Uk marathon this year but the runners said it was not the case!!
    Also 25/641 went sub 3 in B'Pool (3.9%) 162/5087 went sub 3 in G.Manchester ( 3.1%) so Blackpool is clearly faster :p

Gonna quit now (i'd probably pick Manchester too but I am an argumentative fecker :cool:)

menoscemo wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Same day as manchester and just up the road. This is the fastest Marathon I ever did under my own name. Maybe worth considering as well?

FYP ;)

Tuesday - 5 Miles Easy - 5 @ 8:18

There is a trend (can you call it that after a few days) where I'm doing progression runs unintentionally. 8:58, 8:32, 8:21, 8:07, 7:32. I'll be doing some speed work and fartleks with CL over the next 6 weeks so I wonder if it's my subconcious telling me to get a fookin move on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

ould lads like us, it takes a few miles to warm up to our natural normal speed ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tuesday - 5 Miles Easy - 5 @ 8:18

There is a trend (can you call it that after a few days) where I'm doing progression runs unintentionally. 8:58, 8:32, 8:21, 8:07, 7:32. I'll be doing some speed work and fartleks with CL over the next 6 weeks so I wonder if it's my subconcious telling me to get a fookin move on ;)

Jesus, she's doing ANOTHER 6 weeks of recovery runs?! :eek:

Thursday - 4.5 Miles Easy - Wore the compression socks for this and figured they are just too tight around my feet. Have only run in them maybe three times but have worn them post long runs and always put the sore feet down to that. Anyway, will do an easy few today and providing there's no issue I'll give the Marlay Parkrun a bash in the morning.

Fell into bad company on Friday night for the soccer so the Marlay Parkrun went out the window. Ran on Sunday but the legs were really feeling crampy due in part no doubt to the dehydration!

Monday - 5 Miles Easy - 5 @ 8:25 - Wasn't what I'd call easy but ran with CL at her recovery pace. Club session tonight!

No club session last night, too late leaving work, got to Sportsworld at 8 ish... Collected fluorescent CL and managed to get chipper on the way back to the manor... Think I'm getting a little more sleep but still always feeling tired.... In fact, I seem to be the only one in Munchies who is constantly yawning :confused:

Thursday - Fartlek session - 3.5 miles of fartlek, haven't done it in a while so it was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Thursday - Fartlek session - 3.5 miles of fartlek, haven't done it in a while so it was good.

Jasis. I know I'm in trouble when digger starts doing more miles than me! :pac:

blockic wrote: »

Looks like he is going for the big one this week (20 mile week ;)).

blockic wrote: »

I'll only get to 20 if I start doubling up ;):D

Busy few days for me resulted in a major lack of running...

Sunday - 5 @ 8.30 ish
    Monday - Nothing
    Tuesday - Nada
    Wednesday - Zilch
    Thursday - Finally I got my ar5e into gear... Sort of! 2.5 miles at 8:13 pace

Moving house so the urge to get up very early and run or sneak one in much later is just not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Moving house so the urge to get up very early and run or sneak one in much later is just not there.

Finally got kicked out! ;)

Unlucky digs, you didn't make it :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jesus. What do you two be doing to your neighbours for ye to keep getting kicked our of your homes so you have to move?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Jesus. What do you two be doing to your neighbours for ye to keep getting kicked our of your homes so you have to move?!

This is digger. Do you really have to ask?

RayCun wrote: »
    This is digger. Do you really have to ask?

Be careful Ray, you and your family will be the new stalkees :pac:

• Advertisement

Be careful Ray, you and your family will be the new stalkees :pac:

Don't worry Digger, if ye are getting seriously p1ssed off with constantly being told to move on there's always support there for you...

Advertisement