Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Hey dig, did you have family doing the goal mile in Tallaght? just looking through the Tallaght echo and I saw a pic of two ladies with matching surnames to you and your better half.

Yep, first time on a track for both the girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Yep, first time on a track for both the girls

26 years running with a club and I've never got my beautiful face into that weekly paper. Fecking blow ins!

TRR wrote: »
    26 years running with 124 different clubs and I've never got my beautiful face into that weekly paper. Fecking blow ins!

FYP ;)

:(:mad::(:mad:

I

Might

Be

Getting

Man Flu

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:(:mad::(:mad:

I

Might

Be

Getting

Man Flu

You must be run down from your intensive training schedule. Best take a rest princess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

That's not man flu, just sobriety

RayCun wrote: »
    That's not man flu, just sobriety

Yeah a fever, the shakes and depression could be just the DTs

The other possibility is that Claralara is a vampire. It would explain so much....
    :)

I was about to post a " fcuk this sh1t, I'm not letting this develop into man flu" but then remembered I've just had another Lemsip so my fighting talking may be chemically driven......

Meadbh is right, I broke through the 20 mile per week barrier and look what happened! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Meadbh is right, I broke through the 20 mile per week barrier and look what happened! ;)

Tut, tut! You know the 10% rule Digger - if you'd stayed to that you wouldn't be anywhere near 20 miles!:P

• Advertisement

So, almost a week since I've run. I never quite descended into manflu, it was more akin to lady-sniffles but I'm still feeling a bit groggy and short on energy. I now have an annoying cough, a leftover from the Black Lung no doubt.

Fast update - Eating well with no crisps or peanuts having been consumed although one night I had a major pang for King and I don't mean the auld man version :) On the booze front all is going well, the hallucinations have stopped as have the sweats and uncontrollable shaking ;)

Thursday - A week since I've run :( This is now 4 years in a row that I've gotten a heavy cold at this time of the year. Typically I've a la carted my way through it and developed a secondary issue resulting in full blown man flu and a couple of chest infections which lasted until the end of February. I know this as I missed 2 x Raheny 5 mile races and 2 x 50k National Championships (which I would have won by the way ;) ) Anyway, this time around I'm trying to do the right thing.... "Feed a cold Officer" is what I've told and that's what I'm doing... Also getting more sleep despite the desperate dreams I've been having due to craft beer deprivation :)

The outlook......

I've thought long and hard about my running (or lack thereof recently) and taken on some advice as well, which is not an easy thing for me to do. My plan going forward is to ease into a marathon training cycle that will allow me to run London very comfortably and enjoy it all. The preparation will be focussed on me putting together a string of really good 5k and 10k races in the summer. I will most likely pace DCM again in October and off the back of that my goal marathon will be Seville 2015.

I know there will be some who feel it's a complete waste of London not to try at least PB but my feeling is that if I trained hard and specifically for a London pb at say a sub 3:10 target and endured another Boston then that would be the end of marathon running for me and possibly the end of running full stop! That added to the fact that myself and CL will run London together, belting out The Men Behind The Wire as we go ;) and the fact that I'm probably more suited to the shorter distances has me more excited about the plan. I have not given up on the marathon and all going well this year I may end up setting myself a very lofty goal for Seville.

The Officer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

tuesday is the day of either start pissin or get off the pot;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Is 'The Foot' not racing London? I'd ask her on her own log but it might be over by the time she updates it :rolleyes:

Think it's the right decision, you're not in a good position to start training for a PB attempt. Treat it as base-building for faster running over the summer.

Plus it means I don't have to worry about claralara setting a faster marathon time in the spring :)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Is 'The Foot' not racing London? I'd ask her on her own log but it might be over by the time she updates it :rolleyes:

Nope, she's not racing it.... Her original idea was to pace me to a pb but I quickly shot that patronising idea down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Nope, she's not racing it.... Her original idea was to pace me to a pb but I quickly shot that patronising idea down ;)

I'll be glad to have 2 pacers ;)

I think you must be my long lost, ugly, much older twin. Sick aswell and looking at not being fit for Raheny now :(

What pace are you two crazy kids planning to run London at if you're running together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I think you must be my long lost, ugly, much older twin. Sick aswell and looking at not being fit for Raheny now :(

What pace are you two crazy kids planning to run London at if you're running together?

I reckon they will head out at sub 5 pace but CL will get bored and drop digger after half a mile :P

I

Is that a question or a threat to run with them? :D They just about survived a bombing in Boston last year. With your running beside them they could get struck by lightening or Big Ben could tip over and stop their progress ;)

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I reckon they will head out at sub 5 pace but CL will get bored and drop digger after half a mile :P

Was your pb not gained running sub 5 pace? ;)

Not sure, will probably decide the night before or maybe just on the start line ;)

TRR wrote: »
    Is that a question or a threat to run with them? :D They just about survived a bombing in Boston last year. With your running beside them they could get struck by lightening or Big Ben could tip over and stop their progress ;)

Haha... Very true. I heard that public liability insurance for the organisers increased last year due to RQ's participation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Haha... Very true. I heard that public liability insurance for the organisers increased last year due to RQ's participation ;)

So that's why they couldn't afford Bekele's appearance fee :D

Nah that was due to the risk to other participants who may have been at risk due to the excitement of my UK fan club who may have clambered on course to get closer to me. :P

Nah that was due to the risk to other participants who may have been at risk due to the excitement of my UK fan club who may have clambered on course to get closer to me. :P

more likely to get away from you. You are a category A biohazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Great! I might get to finish ahead of her in a marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I know there will be some who feel it's a complete waste of London not to try at least PB but my feeling is that if I trained hard and specifically for a London pb at say a sub 3:10 target and endured another Boston then that would be the end of marathon running for me and possibly the end of running full stop!

I should have stayed in bed! :rolleyes:;)

Whoop Whoop!!!! :D;)

Today is DAY 1 of London training. Very handy week ahead designed to ease back into things. Just as well as I still haven't fully shaken the manflu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Today is DAY 1 of London training. Very handy week ahead designed to ease back into things. Just as well as I still haven't fully shaken the manflu.

rest day ?

Advertisement