Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Today is DAY 1 of London training. Very handy week ahead designed to ease back into things. Just as well as I still haven't fully shaken the manflu.

You back on the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    You back on the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan again?

HH Novice. 5 ;)

Monday - 3 Easy - 3 @ 8:20

Wednesday - 4 Miles Easy - Day 2 of the comeback - 4 Miles at 8:45 pace

I was informed that my 8:20 pace on Monday was too quick, legs and immune system were mentioned so I had decided in my new found discipline to stick to the advised 8:45 pace this morning. This was one of those runs where you feel like you are completely back to square one!! My legs felt achy and lifeless and my breathing was ridiculous... This was a real confidence knocking run.

Looking on the bright side, if there is one, barring a mid-run injury, I really can't feel any worse on a 4 mile easy run so I'll just have to be patient.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wait till you're informed that 8:45 was too fast. ;)

I'm doing mostly 9 - 9:30's this week!

• Advertisement

Friday - 4 Miles Easy - 4 @ 8:29

Much, much better than Wednesday... Breathing was A1 Sharon and the legs, whilst still a bit dead, were better. I have a 6 mile LSR on Sunday :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

I have a 6 mile LSR on Sunday
    You might need a gel for that ;)

You might need a gel for that ;)

I carb loaded for the last few days so I'm hoping for the best ;)

Sunday - LSR - 6 Miles

6 @ 8:49 pace... A little embarassing to say buy the legs felt like this was a proper long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

they'll get stronger digger. consistent running and youve enough time....

• Advertisement

Monday - 4 Easy - 4 @ 8:51

This run was grand but the little niggle on the inside of my left quad I've been carryying got a little cramp at 3 and the left hamstring was a bit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Monday - 4 Easy - 4 @ 8:51

This run was grand but the little niggle on the inside of my left quad I've been carryying got a little cramp at 3 and the left hamstring was a bit tight.

Trying to get a head start on me this week eh?

blockic wrote: »
    Trying to get a head start on me this week eh?

First to 10 miles for the week wins ;)

Wednesday - 5 miles with 2 w/up - pyramid - w/down

So, I got my 5's and 6's mixed up and ended up with 6 miles. Anyway, 2 mile warm up at 9.01 pace followed by 12321 with 60 second recovery jog in between and 2.3 mile w/down at 8:45 pace. Was being a little careful with the pyramid pace so they were as follows 1 @ 7.09 - 2 @ 6.39 - 3 @ 6.49 - 2 @ 6.40 and 1 @ 6.24.

Wednesday - 5 miles with 2 w/up - pyramid - w/down

So, I got my 5's and 6's mixed up and ended up with 6 miles. Anyway, 2 mile warm up at 9.01 pace followed by 12321 with 60 second recovery jog in between and 2.3 mile w/down at 8:45 pace. Was being a little careful with the pyramid pace so they were as follows 1 @ 7.09 - 2 @ 6.39 - 3 @ 6.49 - 2 @ 6.40 and 1 @ 6.24.

Nice warm down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

What's the password for newbygirls a/c?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    What's the password for newbygirls a/c?

Certainly not me although it did make me laugh

Friday - 5-6 Easy - 6 @ 8:26

Still feeling tougher than it should but I am starting to see some improvement and slowly but surely beginning to enjoy it again. Off with my camera for a road trip with CL and Meno in the morning to Longwood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Still feeling tougher than it should but I am starting to see some improvement and slowly but surely beginning to enjoy it again. Off with my camera for a road trip with CL and Meno in the morning to Longwood!

Hehe you said long wood hehe

drquirky wrote: »
    Hehe you said long wood hehe

Haha.... Nice to see I'm dragging you down to my level ;)

• Advertisement

You beat me this week...fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Did they do a Krusty and KU and hold hands all the way around ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ger664 wrote: »
    Did they do a Krusty and KU and hold hands all the way around ??

No, she tried a sniping mission. We hadn't seen her since the start but luckily we spotted her with 300m to go and held off the charge ;)

Sore throat developed yesterday and felt drained so took an executive decision to abandon the LSR (if you could actually call it that) Throat is still not right and the snot bubbles are flowing freely but I decided to make up for yesterday.

LSR - 6-8 Miles - 8 @ 8:56

Wednesday - 5 @ 8:27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Hows the manflu?

TRR wrote: »
    Hows the manflu?

Throat is fine now but have a cough and sniffles.... A good few people in work have the same dose, starts with a sore throat that hours later feels like you've swallowed razor blades and then is gone within 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Throat is fine now but have a cough and sniffles.... A good few people in work have the same dose, starts with a sore throat that hours later feels like you've swallowed razor blades and then is gone within 24 hours.

You're a soldier :) I take it you're going to take tomorrow off and maybe do something a little faster Saturday!!!!!! ;)

You're a soldier :) I take it you're going to take tomorrow off and maybe do something a little faster Saturday!!!!!! ;)

That is so true, yep... That looks like the plan!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hows the manflu?

That's been some bout of manflu. About 5 months now. Digger, you're an inspiration to be still going without any complaints.

Advertisement