Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Mate that is a run I can only look at and when the F*** I will get back to that distance... You are doing grand! :D

Good to hear from you Perky... How are you getting on?

Day 2 of Juice Detox :eek::confused::eek::confused:

I agreed to do this only because meno had been slagging me over my Christmas baby belly.... ;) Actually, I thought I could do with it as I'd been a complete pig since before Christmas. The plan was to try get past 11 A.M. on day 1 which is where the wheels fell off last time I tried one of these. Because I still have to run (and London is getting ever closer and my LSR's are not exactly getting longer) I had decided to supplement the juice plan with something else at least once a day so it has been as follows...

Day 1

AM - Detox Special - Carrot, Apple, Cucumber, Celery, Yellow Pepper, Broccoli.

Lunch - Detox Special - As above

Mid PM - H20 Detox - Pineapple, Orange, Apple, Beet, Lemon - Mixed with 750 Mls of water.

Dinner - Beyond Detox - Apple, Cucumber, Parsley, Avocado, Spinach, Beet - 3 slices of wholemeal bread and two poached eggs.

Day 2

5 Mile run - 5 @ 8:52

AM - Detox Smoothie - Apple, Carrot, Passion Fruit, Orange, Natural Yoghurt - 2 Scrambled eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal brown bread

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Digger!

I am not too bad mate.. Getting smashed with my job atm so makes running difficult and currently trying to get over a long standing shoulder problem that got in the way of a course I was hoping to complete.

Basically on my second week back running...

That detox thing looks horrendous... You must be just s***ing green stalks etc :P....

Whats it like actually? WBU?

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Digger!

I am not too bad mate.. Getting smashed with my job atm so makes running difficult and currently trying to get over a long standing shoulder problem that got in the way of a course I was hoping to complete.

Basically on my second week back running...

That detox thing looks horrendous... You must be just s***ing green stalks etc :P....

Whats it like actually? WBU?

The first day was awful but then it was ok, bear in mind that I was supplementing it with small amounts of real food! Not something I'd do again for 3 days but might introduce a regular 1-day-a-month detox.

Wednesday - 3 mile progression - 8:48, 8:15 & 7:40
    Juice detox over, pheew.... I'll list down the full detail a little later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

You doing Bohermeen boss?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    You doing Bohermeen boss?

Nope, the only race I'll be involved in before London is the race against time..... Oh, that was a bad one even by my low standards ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Nope, the only race I'll be involved in before London is the race against time..... Oh, that was a bad one even by my low standards ;):)

Nope, that was right up there with the best of your jokes :rolleyes:;)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Nope, that was right up there with the best of your jokes :rolleyes:;)

:D I deserved that ;)

Day 1

AM - Detox Special - Carrot, Apple, Cucumber, Celery, Yellow Pepper, Broccoli.

Lunch - Detox Special - Carrot, Apple, Cucumber, Celery, Yellow Pepper, Broccoli.

Mid PM - H20 Detox - Pineapple, Orange, Apple, Beet, Lemon - Mixed with 750 Mls of water.

Dinner - Beyond Detox - Apple, Cucumber, Parsley, Avocado, Spinach, Beet - 3 slices of wholemeal bread and two poached eggs.

Day 2

5 Mile run - 5 @ 8:52

AM - Detox Smoothie - Apple, Carrot, Passion Fruit, Orange, Natural Yoghurt - 2 Scrambled eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal brown bread

Lunch – Dreamy Detox – Cucumber, Celery, Apple, Lemon, Ginger.

Mid PM – H20 Detox – Pineapple, Orange, Apple, Beet, Lemon – Mixed with 750 Mls of water.

Dinner – Beyond Detox – Apple, Cucumber, Parsley, Avocado, Spinach, Beet – Baked fillet of cod and a half serving of boiled rice – 2 slices of wholemeal bread.

DAY 3

AM – Detox Special – Carrot, Apple, Cucumber, Celery, Yellow Pepper, Broccoli

Mid AM – H2O Detox - Pineapple, Orange, Apple, Beet, Lemon – Mixed with 750 Mls of water.

Lunch – Beyond Detox - Apple, Cucumber, Parsley, Avocado, Spinach, Beet

MID PM – H2O Detox - – Pineapple, Orange, Apple, Beet, Lemon – Mixed with 750 Mls of water.

3 Mile progression run 8:48, 8:15 & 7:40

Dinner – Dreamy Detox – Cucumber, Celery, Apple, Lemon, Ginger – Boiled Chicken breast, Asparagus and boiled brown rice – Hard-boiled egg sandwich with 2 slices of wholemeal brown bread.

Outcome – Glad I did it and would consider having a juice detox day once-a-month from now on. The juices weren’t too bad and that’s considering how much I dislike fruit. I had read that the morning after you finish you awake with great energy and positivity. So, this morning I do feel good, but it’s a bright sunny day as well. All my positive thoughts are being channelled in a very special direction.

I have always been able to shift the Christmas weight very easily so I don’t think I’m representative but I weighed myself each morning at the same time and the results were as follows.

Monday – 12 Stone 1 Lb
    Tuesday – 11 Stone 10 Lbs
    Wednesday – 11 Stone 3.5 Lbs
    Thursday – 11 Stone 3 Lbs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sorry to break it to you but you can't lose 12lbs of fat in 4 Days. To do so you would have to have created a claorific deficit of 80,000 kcal.

By eating loads of crap you will have probably been retaining water (and excremenet :pac:) so most of this is what you have lost; however you will also have lost most of your glycogen too (and the water that is binded with it) and probably some muscle due to lack of protein in your diet.
    Over the next few days as you go back to a 'normal' diet expect to put a good few pounds back on.... You would have achieved the same results by just cutting out the crap and eating real clean food for a few days (juicing fruit and vegetables is generally a bad idea as you lose all the fibre and a lot of the goodness by juicing them).

Sorry to be all moany (as usual) but all this talk of detox fad diets really does my head in. They do much more harm than good in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

menoscemo wrote: »
    Sorry to be all moany (as usual) but all this talk of detox fad diets really does my head in. They do much more harm than good in my opinion.

Damn it, I really hate when I have to agree with Meno :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Has London stopped calling yet?

Wait...maybe London was the name of your mistress and was not the marathon at all...now it all makes sense! :pac:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

blockic wrote: »
    Has London stopped calling yet?

Wait...maybe London was the name of your mistress and was not the marathon at all...now it all makes sense! :pac:;)

Cruel Johnny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Digger's on about juicing and Meno giving health advice that someone agrees with. The world's gone mad i tell ya, mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    Digger's on about juicing and Meno giving health advice that someone agrees with. The world's gone mad i tell ya, mad.

Even madder. chinguetti posts on boards :pac:

1. @ meno.... The purpose of this was not to lose weight, I was merely reporting on what happened
    2. @ meno, there's no way I lost a stone in sh1t, only you have that much sh1te inside you
    3. @ blocky, London still calls and no she's not CL's sister
    4. @ rainbow.... Absolutely shocking stance... You get a taste for the UK and suddenly you're all into Nordies
    5. @ spagbol... Welcome back and tell Puds that my Daughter's cat recently cost me €1,300 in vet fees

;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Thanks Digs, my cat is doing well and thankfully not as expensive as yours appears to be. However, importing cat grass from Germany doesn't come cheap.

Hi Meno, how London's training going? As the great explorer Magellan once did, i've broadened my horizons so rarely post on running these days.

Back in LunarGlide 5's

Friday - 6 Miles @ 8:36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Next christmas im proposing a new A/R award

'Training logs: lowest miles/posts ratio' :)

Ive seen more miles in the triathlon forum......

• Advertisement

Next christmas im proposing a new A/R award

'Training logs: lowest miles/posts ratio' :)

Ive seen more miles in the triathlon forum......

Fcuk sake, that's my longest midweek run in a year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Saturday - 4 am start for a flight but managed to get out for a 3 mile legs loosener with the hen. Toady's plan is for an LSR.... We were recommended a dirt track by the coast which will give us ample out and back mileage. Now all I have to do is get the legs to agree to it. It's absolutely great to see mr stew doing so well, he had us all very very worried during the week and is personally responsible for CL looking at me like each day could be the last. If she doesn't stop it will be :)

claralara wrote: »
    Saturday - 4 am start for a flight but managed to get out for a 3 mile legs loosener with the hen. Toady's plan is for an LSR.... We were recommended a dirt track by the coast which will give us ample out and back mileage. Now all I have to do is get the legs to agree to it. It's absolutely great to see mr stew doing so well, he had us all very very worried during the week and is personally responsible for CL looking at me like each day could be the last. If she doesn't stop it will be :)

How were you able to look at yourself? Alter ego? :pac: ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

claralara wrote: »

Well at your age...

Ffs.... I finally do a decent run and CL's tablet gives her the credit! What she doesn't know yet is that "she" posted on Olwyn's log about shrooms and farting :)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Ffs.... I finally do a decent run and CL's tablet gives her the credit! What she doesn't know yet is that "she" posted on Olwyn's log about shrooms and farting :)

Jesus, it must be the age but I was referring to a run I hadn't even posted about duh!

Sunday - 15 mile LSR, yes, you read correctly. This was an interesting run, we headed along a coastal trail road type thing. Bumpy, sandy, rutted etc. that was very exposed to the strong wind. Having to concentrate so hard on foot placement and wandering all over the trail to find the most even path available took the mind off the wind. I felt very good until just after the 10 mile point (11 had been the longest I'd done since October) and the rest of the miles were a mental battle. Wind always seemed to be across/into apart from the last mile which thankfully was right behind my back. I also had the cruelty of watching the ladies National 50k champion bouncing along beside me like she was out for a 2 mile recovery ;)

Anyway, 32 for the week and hoping to get a good week's training out here in Fuerteventura as it's 50% cloudy and about 19 degrees so pretty good conditions for running. Legs were shattered after yesterday but they are feeling pretty good this morning, certainly better than I'd expected.

You're flying at the moment! ;)

blockic wrote: »
    You're flying at the moment! ;)

Haha, absolutely burning it up ;)

Monday - 5 mile recovery - 5 @ 8:50

A little crocked heading out for this one and it was very warm but hopefully it did what it's meant to.

• Advertisement

Monday - 5 @ 8:50

Tuesday - 3.5 @ 8:55

Advertisement