Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

First off a report on February - Sh1te in anyone's book! Ok, so I went skiing and took a few days off running before to make sure I didn't get any niggles but between that and some other major issues in my personal life I really didn't have the time, inclination or drive to go out much. On top of all that I ran an IMRA race and found it very tough to recover from...So....

Only 7, yes 7 runs in the whole month!!

Total mileage of 38:20:o

So, new month and very little time to get my ar5e in gear for Mallow...Although at this moment in time I'm looking at nothing more than a training run, I decided to train for the few weeks remaining at 8 min/mile pace and continually increase my distance as close as I can to 10 miles at that pace but have now decided to get stuck into a HH 10 mile Intermediate plan albeit at a late stage.

Have just printed out the HH plan but earlier this evening, ran my usual 'loop' of 4.64 miles at 7:59 pace...I've just checked and that's the quickest I've run it since mid DCM training, that said, it was tough and I was blowing like a Rotterdam h00ker!. Anyway, looks like a Tempo run tomorrow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    So, new month and very little time to get my ar5e in gear for Mallow...Although at this moment in time I'm looking at nothing more than a training run, I decided to train for the few weeks remaining at 8 min/mile pace and continually increase my distance as close as I can to 10 miles at that pace but have now decided to get stuck into a HH 10 mile Intermediate plan albeit at a late stage.

Have just printed out the HH plan but earlier this evening, ran my usual 'loop' of 4.64 miles at 7:59 pace...I've just checked and that's the quickest I've run it since mid DCM training, that said, it was tough and I was blowing like a Rotterdam h00ker!. Anyway, looks like a Tempo run tomorrow.....

Beware the overtraining monster, only 2 hard sessions a week sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Dude (I can call you dude coz you're so hip and cool...:rolleyes:) forget about February - it was a sh!t month, take your centrum and get back on the wagon. 20 miles on Saturday...not a bother to ya! :)

Or as one of my friend's junior infant students would say - "Ah Miss, would ya ever just go ta Woodies!!"... It took us a while but the translation appears to be "Get over it". As in go ta Woodies, get some bricks, build a bridge, and get over it! A classic one for the yearbook!

claralara wrote: »
    Or as one of my friend's junior infant students would say - "Ah Miss, would ya ever just go ta Woodies!!"... It took us a while but the translation appears to be "Get over it". As in go ta Woodies, get some bricks, build a bridge, and get over it! A classic one for the yearbook!

I'm guessing your friend is from your area and teaches in like say am Digger's location?

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    I'm guessing your friend is from your area and teaches in like say am Digger's location?

I'll have you know I'm 'upgrading' to a nicer location.....:pac:

Shhh they'll think you've come into money and burn down your house, oh no wait, they can't read, phew :D

Shhh they'll think you've come into money and burn down your house, oh no wait, they can't read, phew :D

That's cos claralara's friend is teaching them ;)

That's cos claralara's friend is teaching them ;)

Yes anyone who pals around with that drunken lout can't be much of a teacher or parole officer, or whatever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Do some normal running and enjoy it, just get back to running. Throw away the plan until you have a solid base of running done and then pick a couple of things to aim at and go after them for the summer.

Next few days will be lovely so try and run in the sunshine, it will do ya good.

• Advertisement

Beware the overtraining monster, only 2 hard sessions a week sir!
    chinguetti wrote: »
    Do some normal running and enjoy it, just get back to running. Throw away the plan until you have a solid base of running done and then pick a couple of things to aim at and go after them for the summer.

Next few days will be lovely so try and run in the sunshine, it will do ya good.

Yep, you are of course both right :pac:.....The body feels reasonable today despite the quick run yesterday so I'll loosely follow the HH plan but swap and change according to what suits...Main thing is to get to Mallow with a few weeks consistency behind me, if I'm not in shape for a PB then so be it......:)

Went down to Marlay Park for a run in the sunshine today....I did two laps which equated to 4.34 miles at 8:40 pace...Really lovely day for a run, could have done at least another loop but need to be careful if I'm going back to 4/5 days a week running so I sat down and had a cup of coffee whilst I read my book...Nice day! :)

Well, that's 3 days running in a row...digger's back on form :pac::pac:

Did 5.56 miles at 8:47 pace.....Had a strange patch halfway through where I just felt really tired but got into a nice rhythm thereafter and was much better in the last couple of miles.

Well, that's 3 days running in a row...digger's back on form :pac::pac:

Did 5.56 miles at 8:47 pace.....Had a strange patch halfway through where I just felt really tired but got into a nice rhythm thereafter and was much better in the last couple of miles.

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Like a bad smell......

Like a bad smell......

A shower or two a week wouldn’t go astray if you’re going to start training like us hardcore athletes…:rolleyes:

I would say welcome back but fortunately I didn’t have the misfortune of ever training with you before so I’ll just say welcome. Welcome into the cool new gang! :cool::D

A shower or two a week wouldn’t go astray if you’re going to start training like us hardcore athletes…:rolleyes:

I would say welcome back but fortunately I didn’t have the misfortune of ever training with you before so I’ll just say welcome. Welcome into the cool new gang! :cool::D

Eh, we did a group LSR.....You were running beside me moaning about how bad you were feeling after 3 miles so I upped my pace from 9 min miles to 7 mins...Glad to see I made such a lasting impression on you:(

Went out this afternoon intending on a gentle 3 miles just to loosen the legs....Ended up doing 3.08 miles at 7:42 pace

Have you money on yourself for Mallow?, this all smells of shark behaviour!;)

Have you money on yourself for Mallow?, this all smells of shark behaviour!;)

:rolleyes:......To be honest, I haven't felt comfortable or confident with my running at all since January! Unless things change in the next couple of weeks I'll be treating Mallow as a day out and aiming for something like 82-84 mins..

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:......To be honest, I haven't felt comfortable or confident with my running at all since January! Unless things change in the next couple of weeks I'll be treating Mallow as a day out and aiming for something like 82-84 mins..

We shall see, I'll probably roll in in 76/77 and you (the sniper) will be at the bar already :D

So, whilst all of you were running excellent LSR's or setting PB's in Barcelona, digger headed out with a backpack - target was Superquinn and a corn fed chicken......

Did 5.69 miles at 8:30 pace.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Fair Play, hope you got back in time for the Footie:)

showit wrote: »
    Fair Play, hope you got back in time for the Footie:)

I left 5 seconds after fulltime with a big smile on my face.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-DArcy-Show/JoinRayFor5K.aspx

Digger if your around fancy doing this 5k,

S

showit wrote: »

As strange as it sounds...I may be working!! ;)

As did Cliff! :D Good day's work!

Still a bit sore, but not as sore as Manure supporters :pac::pac:

Got a lift over to Dundrum and ran back via Marlay, did two loops and headed home to the land that employment forgot...:D

Did 9.15 miles at 8:43 pace

In general my pace has increased on last year's training runs and maybe that's the reason I still feel ka-knackered......

Nice running there bosco, what happened to taking it easy?

• Advertisement

As did Cliff! :D Good day's work!

Thanks, and you too....With all those miles I'm sure your skin must be glowing;)

Advertisement