Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

digger2d2 wrote: »
    That's the effect I have on women ;)

I can relate, I think that's why people keep smashing their cars into me while I'm cycling. They're astounded by my beauty they forget how to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I saw him running again today. Shocker.

Stop stalking ;)

Friday - Came up with the great idea of doing the LSR this evening despite doing a quick enough 8 miles last night. This was an out and back run and toward the turnaround point I realised the wind had picked up and was pretty much behind me. I was running well and was full of positive thoughts. Things got tougher around the 13 mile point and I was getting sick of the wind. Then at around 15 I actually started to feel a bit light headed..... I stopped for a set of traffic lights and felt dizzy and unsure on my feet. I got it going again until the 16 miles clicked and the I had a bit of a drunken walk.

Under pressure to get home I jumped in a cab, had a hot shower and some chocolate. Felt quite cold for about an hour but all okay afterwards. Just one of those bad long runs with no preparation and planning I guess. Did manage to get 16 done which means, in essence, that I've done 52 miles since (and including) Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Headbanger.com

Stop stalking ;)

Unlike some people who keep moving house and keep 'accidently' becoming netighbours with random boardsies, this is simply me on my way home from work. :p

Sounds like a it was a toughie. Just removed my interest in getting a long run done sometime soon...

• Advertisement

Sunday - 5.3 miles at 8:53

Took a day off yesterday following my semi "Mo" on Friday evening..... Legs were a little achy which is not surprising as I finished the week with 39 miles which is pretty impressive considering where I've been over the last few months. The plan for tomorrow is to do an easy 10 and unless the coach tells me otherwise AND I actually listen to him ;) I'll get up into the 40's for this coming week.

Unlike some people who keep moving house and keep 'accidently' becoming netighbours with random boardsies, this is simply me on my way home from work. :p

Sounds like a it was a toughie. Just removed my interest in getting a long run done sometime soon...

;)

Look, let's call it as it is... I've had to up the mileage pretty quickly, I did a quick enough 8 the day before and I had 2 sandwiches throughout the whole day before I decided to do this so totes my own fault ;) good news is that I'm actually enjoying the prospect of running at the moment, can't wait for the clocks to go forward now :)

Monday - Happy St. Patrick's Day

10 Miles at 8:46 pace - Headed off to do this with The Foot, had the usual first couple of groggy miles but at around the 3 mile point I was absolutely wrecked and we were doing 9 min/miles!! Managed to battle my way through that and the uphill at the 4.5 mile mark and felt reasonably okay at the turnaround point. I was aware that I upped the pace in the last few miles and decided I really wanted a good strong finish which I managed..... Splits as follows... 9:06, 8:51, 8:55, 9:03, 9:04, 9:02, 8:51, 8:44, 8:33, 7:42.

Just talking with CL there about the body feeling a bit weary and we calculated that I've averaged almost 8 miles a day in the last 9 days which is pretty decent, even for someone with 3 x Donadea 50k tops :);)

I swear I'm not stalking you two but tell her there was no need to scowl at me I was just being friendly :p

I swear I'm not stalking you two but tell her there was no need to scowl at me I was just being friendly :p

She said she waved... I like the way you are open to stalking both of us... Have you become Tri and Bi? ;)

• Advertisement

Wednesday - 8 Miles at 8:37 pace

Went to bed last night with a scratchy throat and woke up at 3 am soaked in perspiration (and it wasn't due to a dream about measuring my runs in KM's) ;) Drove to and back from Cork today so was a bit achy as I got out of the car and was ready for my run a few minutes later. The 8 went fine but I was absolutely dripping in sweat by the time I finished, even my legs looked like the were coated in varnish. On the Nurofen Cold and Flu now :eek:

Thursday 4 Miles @ 7:56 pace

Was hoping to do 5 @ 8:45 pace but time conspired against me this evening so I came up with the above alternative. The cold is currently confined to my head so hopefully that's where it stays before it fcuks off.

Friday - 2 Mile recovery @ 9.10 pace

Got a sports massage last night so just a little loosener this morning.

Saturday - 18 Mile LSR - 18 @ 8:50

All went well with this despite met.ie stating there'd be no rain in Dublin, fcukin tards!

Monday - 5 miles at around 8:30

Tuesday - 5 miles at 8:30, route along the Thames provided courtesy of brianderunner

Wednesday - Nada

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Tuesday - 5 miles at 8:30, route along the Thames provided courtesy of brianderunner

He lives?!?
    Plotting a comeback, fallen to the dark side, or living fulltime in the bookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

RayCun wrote: »
    He lives?!?
    Plotting a comeback, fallen to the dark side, or living fulltime in the bookies?

I reckon he's become a house husband!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I feel a sitcom coming on...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

belcarra wrote: »
    I reckon he's become a house husband!;)

He wishes :pac:

RayCun wrote: »
    I feel a sitcom coming on...

"Riding a Rainbow" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

"Riding a Rainbow" :D

When you say 'Riding A Rainbow' is this the guy you fancy...?:pac:

Friday - 5 Easy

Work has been mental so I missed the MLR which is not ideal. Taper begins next week which is just as well as I'm in the UK again for 3 x 12 hr days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Are you actually going to taper :)

Are you actually going to taper :)

Is that not an animal in the Zoo ;):D

So, a little tricky in the middle of the week as I was away with work and it's difficult to find time to run accordingly. No runs on Wednesday and Thursday had me behind the 8 ball, got the 5 done on Friday and then as follows...

Saturday - 16 @ 8:58 - I did this whilst CL, Menostew and his Ma did their run from DunLaoghaire to Raheny (including the Park Run)..... I didn't want to join them as I'm not especially confident in my pace at the moment and didn't want to hold them back. The run turned out to be ok but the last couple of miles the legs felt heavy. Stuck the calf & Quad guards on for the evening.

Sunday - 10 @ about 9 ish - Did this one with CL who was a little surprised when I suggested 10.... All went well, hmmmm, starting to feel like I can run a sub 17 minute 5k in the Summer... :D;)

Away again with work for 4 days next week so it will be tricky to get consistent runs in but I'm expecting a gentle taper plan to arrive this evening from Newbygirl ;)

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - 7.2 miles easy - This was meant to be 5 miles but I'm in the UK again and got a bit lost during this run. Beautiful evening for it.

Wednesday - 3 mile recovery and chased by a Rottweiler

Yesterday evening as I approached the same father and son with two Rottweilers, I noted he took hold of one of them as I ran by them last night, so, cue this evening and I came upon the same set up in the woods only this time I was coming from the rear (said the actress to the bishop) ;) and despite my intentionally amplified footfall they didn't cop it.... But, Rocky did and he went for me! Muscle memory is a strange thing and I side stepped him with a speed witnessed by many a Blackrock back in the early 80's and I bought myself enough time for the owner to get Rocky to heel.... I really like dogs and I sort of prescribe to the "not bad dogs, bad owners" logic but this fcuker reminded me of The Omen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

How many days taper you planning boss?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    How many days taper you planning boss?

7 ;)

Just about to head out with CL to hook up with meno for 10. Think he's doing a few beforehand, how are you getting on?

• Advertisement

When are yee travelling?

Advertisement