Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Enjoyed that! Very entertaining report:)
    Where's the video links that CL took during the race? That'd make for interesting viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

digger2d2 wrote: »
    It was great to see Kipsang and then Mo flying past us

Jaysus, how far up did you start??!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Glad you enjoyed the run in the end, of course you'll be back for more :D enjoyed the craic, great weekend and I'm delighted to have missed the frothy stuff :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Met up in the airport with Meno, Red Runner, Boston Dave, Gavlor and his red lipsticked OH ;) Arrived safely and got the Expo done an dusted and later that evening met up for dinner and myself and CL had a couple of drinks later with TRR's missus. Got to bed early and slept okay.

Just for clarity my missus didn't join them in bed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

TRR wrote: »

:D

Her loss

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

So when is the movie getting released? Hope CL kept her hand steady when recording it.

So, the legs were DOMSY all week so I held back from running until yesterday and in true digdig style my first run back after the marathon was in the hills :eek: CL had mentioned that MS was going up to the hills to run with Charlotte and Ollie from Donadea and I suggested we do the same ourselves later in the day.

We parked in Marlay and ran up to Kilmashogue and into the forest, came out the other side and down by Ticknock and back to Marlay. The legs were screaming (particularly the calf muscles) on the early ascents so I at least was smart enough to walk a few of these and once I was on the level I felt quite strong. The downhill along by Ticknock was tricky on the quads but the largely flat maybe 2 miles back to Marlay saw me pick up the pace and chase CL all the way.

The coach will probably have a fit when he hears my first recovery was in the mountains but he can blame CL for allowing it ;)

6 miles - Splits - 10:26, 10:58, 9:41, 8:27, 8:08, 8:06

Sunday - Nice easy 3 miles in Marlay with my Daughter...

I have my new name (post London) for Meno btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well done digger... Great report... haha... I was tooked up in bed about an hour away from London watching to see if I knew anybody..Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

:D

Her loss
    ;)
    Ososlo wrote: »
    Enjoyed that! Very entertaining report:)
    Where's the video links that CL took? That'd make for interesting viewing!
    hhhhmmmmmm

• Advertisement

Tuesday - 7.5 miles at just over 9 minute miles. Basically 2.25 down to club, 3 around Bushy and another 2.25 home. Felt really good to be out doing these miles. Legs still a little achy which is to be expected but no real pain anywhere accept for a slightly questionable small section of my left hamstring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Loving the new target you have chosen in your running career!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

and the leader in the last mile is wearing a white baseball cap... but who's this unleashing that famous finishing kick?

it could equally be me and ecoli next week trying to get under 3 hours :pac:

RayCun wrote: »
    it could equally be me and ecoli next week trying to get under 3 hours :pac:

You'll need to be 6/7 seconds ahead of him and you'll be fine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

You'll need to be 6/7 seconds ahead of him and you'll be fine ;)

If I keep up linear progression of my last 2 marathons I have a 2.59.55 in me (although if I see a Sister's Pearse singlet ahead of me I may have to drop a sub 5 min mile closing, pacing or not :D)

ecoli wrote: »
    If I keep up linear progression of my last 2 marathons I have a 2.59.55 in me :D

believe_nischala.jpg

ecoli wrote: »
    If I keep up linear progression of my last 2 marathons I have a 2.59.55 in me (although if I see a Sister's Pearse crop top ahead of me I may have to drop a sub 5 min mile closing pacing or not :D)

FYP ;)

Loving the new log name :) Poor old chucky, talk about kicking a man when he is down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Loving the new log name :) Poor old chucky, talk about kicking a man when he is down :)

Who's this chucky fella yee are talking about? Whoever he is he surely can't be so bad that digger is gonna beat him :D

• Advertisement

Friday - 3 easy miles with CL at 8:57 pace followed by 3 sets of strides if I'm allowed do them... Otherwise I didn't do any strides ;)

Wore my new Lunaracers which Chucky got me in Boston.... Whilst they are officially orange they are akin to the Blocky/AMK pink hue!

Friday - 3 easy miles with CL at 8:57 pace followed by 3 sets of strides if I'm allowed do them... Otherwise I didn't do any strides ;)

whatever about the strides I thought you were doing 5 miles today!

Wore my new Lunaracers which Chucky got me in Boston.... Whilst they are officially orange they are akin to the Blocky/AMK pink hue!

The idea of the Orange is to match your new Boston 2014 gear :p:rolleyes:
    whatever about the strides

Are strides not what you call lactate shunts? ;)

9 miles on Sunday morning should have me loosened up like a bottle of poppers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

If the manager is due to be following a training plan, could the runner of the house please be informed? That is the only way we can even attempt to keep him on track..

Sunday 8 Miles Easy - Out for an early jaunt with the National 50k champ ;) Average pace of 8:51 but we threw in a faster penultimate half mile to turn the legs over (7:55 pace I think) then easy last half mile until I praticed my finishing kick in the last 100m.... It's still there muahaha ;)

Out for pints now with CL and Chucky and might be joined by MS (post rugby blitz) and indigestion-stew ;)

BmPCCY1CAAAx6Jr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sunday 8 Miles Easy - Out for an early jaunt with the National 50k champ ;) Average pace of 8:51 but we threw in a faster penultimate half mile to turn the legs over (7:55 pace I think) then easy last half mile until I praticed my finishing kick in the last 100m.... It's still there muahaha ;)

Out for pints now with CL and Chucky and might be joined by MS (post rugby blitz) and indigestion-stew ;)

I thought you were doing 9 miles today?

• Advertisement

Sorry to rub it in but this is just too funny :D:

oeHbGyM.gif

Advertisement