Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    myself and CL had a chat with the much maligned Martin Fagan, v pleasant guy and surprisingly modest. I know there's a lot of mixed feelings toward him at the moment but one thing I will say is that it's pretty rare that a top guy will bother their hole talking to a run of the mill old club runner like me, that said, I know he was dying to ask me how I got my guns ;)

Did I tell you that I had a good chat with Martin a few years ago at the Rathfarnham 5k (before his doping ban ;)). Also don't forget you have been boozing with Gary O :pac:

BTW you forgot to include your finishing time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »

BTW you forgot to include your finishing time

19:46 on the watch, a few seconds crossing the line so 19:49 on the chip I think.... Next 5k sub 19.25 and the one after I'll be back in the ayreens hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Nice to see the times coming down for you..the Ryan giggs of sportsworld! :pac:

blockic wrote: »
    Nice to see the times coming down for you..the Ryan giggs of sportsworld! :pac:

Haha..... The difference is that my brother has a husband so no fear of a Ryan Giggs on that one ;)

Did I tell you that I had a good chat with Martin a few years ago at the Rathfarnham 5k (before his doping ban ;))

Jaybus, if he talked to you it's a wonder he talked to anyone again :D;)

• Advertisement

Round up of the week's activities -

Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - Bob Heffernan 5k @ 19:46
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Club session, w/up and w/down circa 3 miles - 10 mins @ 6:39 pace, 2 mins @ steady, 5 mins @ 6:43, 2 mins steady, 3 mins @ 6:33, 2 mins steady
    Friday - 3 @ 8:21
    Saturday - 4 @ 9:14
    Sunday - 8 @ 8:30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

You guys back for more sprinting fun and games on Wed?

Chivito550 wrote: »
    You guys back for more sprinting fun and games on Wed?

Not quite sure... Going to the club session tomorrow so will see how I feel after that... Either way we'll be there to cheer on!

Very busy week with work last week meant it was not good for running. That said, after the few weeks before it was probably no harm taking an easy one.

Monday - 3 miles easy
    Saturday - 3 miles easy
    Sunday - 10 at 8 min pace
    Monday - 3 Recovery

Tuesday - 5 miles at 7.54 and a 1 mile cool down

• Advertisement

Thursday - club session , 3 x 2k with 2 min rest
    Sunday - Strawberry Half, paced 1.45 with beepbeep. 1.44.40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

theres a lot of running on this log all of a sudden. Good training recently digger!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

theres a lot of running on this log all of a sudden. Good training recently digger!

obviously my home life is much less interesting than yours!

11 hour days in work and a bit of a bug, akin to ebola but thankfully not quite manflu had me runless since the half on Sunday...

Thursday - Had no intention of running but decided to drop the car down to CL at club and run the 2 miles home. Once there I decided to do half the session....

1 mile warm up - 3 x 1k (at 6.02-6.12 pace) and 2 mile warm down - #fooked

What a night ahead.... U.S. Open and the start of the World Cup in Brazil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Thursday - Had no intention of running but decided to drop the car down to CL at club and run the 2 miles home. Once there I decided to do half the session....

classic digger :pac:

TRR wrote: »
    classic digger :pac:

:) The head on CL when I said I was going to a bit of the session.... It was all "Oh moi gawd, oh moi gawd, are you completely fcuking stupid loike"

Friday - 5 miles @ 8:06 pace

Saturday - 4 miles @ 8:57 pace with The Foot

Sunday - 5 Mile progression run - 8:56, 8:36, 8:27, 8:19, 7:50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Saturday - 4 miles @ 8:57 pace with The Foot

BTW, that was me yelling at you 2 from the car, near the Walkinstown roundabout - on my way to lose a couple of hours of my life, doing "supervision" at Spin roller disco...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Izoard wrote: »
    BTW, that was me yelling at you 2 from the car, near the Walkinstown roundabout - on my way to lose a couple of hours of my life, doing "supervision" at Spin roller disco...

They never acknowledge you when you beep at them from a car. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Yeah - the entourage around them, just seems to get bigger and bigger.

Reminds me of the NYC Marathon the year P. Diddy "ran" it...

• Advertisement

We did for Izoard ;)

Tuesday - Club session - 1.5 mile warm up followed by 10 x 200 metres with 1 minute recovery.... #bollixed

Wednesday - 3 mile recovery - 3 @ 8:45

Only 3 miles but holy crap it was warm - Legs a little battered from Tuesday's 200m reps and left hamstring a little tender.

Friday - 3 easy with 6 sets of strides

Saturday - Tymon parkrun - Was a bit unsure about this as was still a little under the weather - 20:01 was the finish time. Ran hard for the first 1.75 miles until.the wheels fell off and I slowed right down. Tried to rescue the sub 20 in the last 100 metres but left it too late. Position 11th male, 2nd in M45-49, splits 6.08, 6.19, 6.58, 5.08

Sunday - 6 Miles recovery

Have a lot of things on this week and if I get through unscathed I'll run and aim for sub 19.30 in the Cocas 5k on Friday, if not, I'll be down to watch the usual suspects.

Monday - 3 easy, 3 @ 8.39 pace

Tuesday - Club session - 1 mile warm up - 6 x 200m with 1 min in between - 2 miles to finish - Good to see statss back down at club. We had a brief chat and I swear he did not have one single hair out of place.... All credit to the lad like! ;):D

Wednesday - 3 miles easy - 3 @ 8:35 - Did this quite early which I find quite difficult but knew I wouldn't get a run in later so hey ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Disgrace!!

10488047_10152126646231861_7975347337651791241_n.jpg

Exclusive Viedo from Luis' birthday party:

SuarezBirthday.gif

Disgrace!!

10488047_10152126646231861_7975347337651791241_n.jpg

Exclusive Viedo from Luis' birthday party:

SuarezBirthday.gif

Classic ;)

So, my first post in ages.... Have had that niggle in my heel again and it flared up during the Clontarf half which I was pacing with CL. I put the head down and ran through it and got the job done. Effectively 2 weeks rest (with one 3 mile run thrown in) hasn't really improved it and it's sore again following three days running in the kingdom. Time to get this checked out as it's been niggling away at me for a year now and it's been hard to have any enthusiasm for running when your heel always seems to be sore during the run.

#fedup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Dig deep! :P ;)

Advertisement