Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog limping

• 01-01-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

hi, i have a 7 month old terrier that just fell off the couch and seemed to hit his side badly. he doesnt seem to be able to walk on it, has tried a few times and then cries. he was just after being washed and was running crazy round the house, he is in his bed now shaking but not crying and i not sure if he's shaking cause just after wash or if he in shock.
    do you think i should ring vet now or leave him for an hour or so and see if he tries walking on it then? normally i'd just ring the vet but its new years day and i'd hate to disturb her unnecessarily

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Id ring the vet anyhow, get her opinion and go from there,

my little one fell last year from a window sill and acted the same way,brought her to the vets and he gave a once over and an injection for her pain,
    hope your little one will be ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Wrap him up in a towel and give him a few hours to calm. If hes not walking properly by tomorrow I would bring him to the vet, it might just be bruised but could also be something serious like a hip injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

thanks, he asleep now and wrapped in his blankie, might see how he is this eve and take it from there. i'd hate to think he in pain and i doing nothing to help..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

tazwaz wrote: »
    i'd hate to think he in pain and i doing nothing to help..

I'm the same lol but better you go for the vets for nothing than not go and have it get worse is the way I look at it :pac:

Our guy was lame xmas week - he had surgery in Nov and was doing well but all of a sudden he was holding up the leg and by the end of the day it was swollen :( Took him to the vets and he had to get xrays and back on crate rest and anti-inflams. until the surgeon in Cork got back to us. Luckily he was fine after resting up for a few days and the xrays look good. I took him for his first walk in the park in 2 weeks this morning - my nerves and arm from holding his lead so tight lol - I waited until after 11:00 to avoid off lead dogs wanting to play with him or him wanting to play with them..He tried to run after leaves, tried to jump as he flicked a stick up to catch, stuck his bum up and did a little shuffle asking the swans for a game and then tried to run to our friend..then rolled over for her! :rolleyes::pac: Oh and licked some beer out of a bottle!!!!

well, when oscar woke he still didnt put weight on paw. i was rubbing his hip and moving his leg a bit and he didnt give any cry out of him but i rang the vet anyway...she said to see how it goes for rest of eve and to ring her in the morn if he no better.
    tk123, is your guy fine now? is shane happy with recovery so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

tk123, is your guy fine now? is shane happy with recovery so far?

Yep so far so good! :)

EDIT - Just to add a tip tazwaz - take pics of your guys leg that way you'll be able to compare them to how it looks tomorrow. I do this everyday with our guy eg was that bump always there etc ;)

well, oscar much better today, still limping a bit but nothing like yest. the vet rang me this morn for update which i thought was a lovely touch :D

Glad to hear op, lots of cuddles now :D
    any pics of him ??

any pics of him ??

of course :D.
    no idea what kind of dog he is but we think he the cutest thing ever

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd392/tazwaz/

Aww hes adorable :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

any pics of him ??

of course :D.
    no idea what kind of dog he is but we think he the cutest thing ever

http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd392/tazwaz/

Yorkie X jack russell maybe? :) He looks like he has sideburns too! Cute :pac:

Advertisement