Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar filter glasses/material

Options
  • 01-01-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Anywhere i can pick some up before Jan 4th? A.I. shop is closed till then:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

take the glass from a welding shield. i used it for the 1999 sun eclipse. wouldnt chance usin it with a telescope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 zeruda

I really want to see the solar eclipse tomorrow.. it will be my first one!! But i couldnt get any eclipse glasses as the shop i thought would have it were out :\ Is there someway i could view the eclipse safely without the need for glasses?
    Would sunglasses be okay?
    Also what exactly are welding glasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

its very low in the sky so if ya had dark sunglasses it might be ok. if ya knew any fella that makes anything with steel or iron like gates or farm machinery or a garage man the use a welding shield to protect their eyes from the bright lights when welding. hardware shops shud sell the glasses for them

Advertisement