Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting number from 3 to Meteor - waiting time

Options
  • 01-01-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, Bought a Samsung Galaxy S on Meteor billpay on Tuesday, I was previously a 3pay user. I was just wondering what the average time is for porting a number as it is now Saturday and it still hasn't happened. I've rang Meteor support and all they could tell me was that it is in progress. Getting kind of tired of carrying 2 phones around! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's supposed to take a few hours if all goes well but it often doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

seen its the weekend and a bank holiday it may be tuesday
    when i ported it was a saturday morning and it was the monday at 11am before i got sorted this is not on if i was you i would ring them and keep ringing
    this is down to both parties at the end of the day
    its down to meteor to get onto 3 and down to 3 to sort it with meteor i get the feeling from some cases ive seen that the kind of leave you waiting for leaving the original network.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Three are ridiculous to Port out from, they'll port you in a matter of minutes but when you want to leave.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

On an unrelated issue I ported from Meteor to O2 on the 28th, everything was grand after and hour or two, except for 3.

I can ring and txt 3 no problem, but I can't get anything back from somebody on 3.

Pain in the arse really, been on to O2 and they said they'll look in to it, but I'd suspect it is 3 at fault.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

On an unrelated issue I ported from Meteor to O2 on the 28th, everything was grand after and hour or two, except for 3.

I can ring and txt 3 no problem, but I can't get anything back from somebody on 3.

Pain in the arse really, been on to O2 and they said they'll look in to it, but I'd suspect it is 3 at fault.

Nate

Normally once.your number moves operator an automated notification is sent to all operators to update SRF or call routing to point your calls towards your new operator, meteor & O2 seem to be heavily automated with this but Vodafone and Three are a disgrace.
    In my own opinion Three seem to do a lot porting manually instead of actually investing a few euro to automate it.

I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 a.maze

Well i would be concerned if it was taking that long. I ported from 3 to meteor around a month ago and took less than 24hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Thanks for the replies folks,finally got switched yesterday evening.Good bit longer than I expected but alls well that ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

good stuff:D

Advertisement