Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my house?

Options
  • 01-01-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

first im not sure if what section i should be putting this into, i have a house in galway near doughiska. since i bought the hse, i have got married had baby and moved home. i cannot afford this hse even though its rented i still have to pay a good bit plus all the bills for what i am living in now.. is there any houses selling at all?? how much have houses actually dropped by up there,i am gone a good few years so not sure what it is like up there at moment...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Selling your health service executive?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jacinta12

oops sorry about that, thought everyone would know but when i just read over it there now i was like you dope!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

When did you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Insurance job?.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Houses are selling, once you price them low enough.

This may well mean, in your case (since you probably bought at peak in Doughuisce), that you will have to sell it for less than the mortgage you have on it and continue to pay a smaller mortgage on it for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Houses are selling, once you price them low enough.

I've heard about a couple of properties out there that sold, but for very low prices. So low, in fact, that if I had a deposit and stable income I'd be very tempted to buy.

Seems to me that properties on this side of town, ie closer to jobs, are more likely to be valuable in future. Personally I'd be hanging on with a view to the long term, if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jacinta12

thks for the replies, i bought for 250 how much are ye hearing they are selling for?? maybe i might have to struggle on so... god i hope things improve..i bought house in 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

jacinta12 wrote: »
    god i hope things improve..

We have a long way to go unfortunately. We are still at the beginning of a long dark period...!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

We have a long way to go unfortunately. We are still at the beginning of a long dark period...!

Your right ..they have a long way to drop yet. Interest rates will rise this year, also repossessions and lack of finance will reduce them also.

Advertisement